• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

"Click it or ticket"

"Click it or Ticket"

• Yes, I'm for it

Votes: 17 60.7%
  • No, it's intrusion

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Not sure (I'm a lame ass and don't have a vehicle)

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters
Should the dumb ass government be able to stop you just because they may think that you don't have your belt on?

I got a ticket last year because when I "click it" I always put the belt under my left armpit because it's more comfortable for me, and I just prefer it and I don't look like a cock guzzler when I'm cruisin' chicks. Further, I have an airbag.

So...should Uncle Sam have this right to invade our vehicles, even though this can just be a perceived occurrence? Shouldn't we be able to NOT wear our belts?

I can understand the cell phone thingy, but even that is dodgy and a "slipery slope," but at least with that I sort of get it. But even that I am leery of. The more they can just pry with what may be a perception they have, it's questionable. The fact that they "care" to me just looks like a rouse to further fund their budgets via ticketing people via shady laws such as this one.

So you for "click it or ticket"?

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
You guys have that crappy slogan in the States, too? :facepalm:

I don't see how putting the seatbelt under your left armpit would affect it in any way, save the stress being on your chest instead of your shoulder in an accident, but the entire "it's our car, we shouldn't have to wear a seatbelt!" argument is stupid, in my opinion. Driving isn't a right that people get, it is a privilege which comes only when you obey certain guidelines and one of those is that you have to wear a seatbelt. Should you have to wear one when you are not going fast? Debatable, I assume, but when you are on the highway going 100 km/h you're an idiot if you don't wear it.

Case in point: a couple years ago I was in a car accident. My Explorer hit the curb, rolled in the air and landed in the ditch. I got thrown out of the window and probably nearly got crushed to death by the truck. If I had been wearing my seatbelt I wouldn't have permanent nerve and knee damage like I do now.

bahodeme

Closed Account
One of my aunts is well endowed and hated wearing a seatbelt. Her attitute changed when I had an accident. I had racing belts in the front seats of my '69 Charger (along with other racing goodies). Thanks to a drunk driver, the only way I can describe the accident is what you would see on NASCAR. I walked away with bruises from the belts and a couple of cuts on my face. Luckily we were the only ones on the road at the time. My dad slammed on the brakes to avoid a kid running across the street when I was young. I was in the backseat and hit the front seat hard enough that my dad jerked forward. I wasn't hurt but it got my attention. It's the same with me wearing a helmet.

Mandy Flores

Official Checked Star Member
This country has put so many laws on the books "for the good of the people" but law enforcemnet and prosecutors use those laws to just abuse people. I get why it's a good idea, of course it's safer 99% of the time, but seriously, when is it that the government stops telling you what's good for you or not? More people die because of eating Mcdonalds and Smoking than die because they didn't have their seatbelt on! Skydiving isn't safe, neither's rock climbing, or hunting, or riding a motorcycle....this is supposed to be the land of the free, but for some reason other people get to tell me I can't ride in the back of my own truck when i don't have enough seats. I don't know one person who has ever had their truck flip over, so why is everyone restricted....blagh balh blah!! I know I need to shut up but it juust happens that this cop not far from here had his kid find his gun in the car and accidently shot his sister. they are charging the cop with 2nd degree manslaughter. So explain this too me....the cop and his family are going through the worst possible hell they could go through, he's never been comitted any sort of crime his whole life, he shows no pattern of negligence or even irresponsibilty until this incident which only happened because he was in a hurry to get to a wedding, how does it make ANY SENSE to put this man in jail and destroy the rest of the family??!! How does it benefit society or the community in ANY WAY?! The prosecutor is doing it under the guise of " enforcing the law"....what about the spirit of the law!? the laws are there to protect the community, not to destroy people because you can! There is a huge difference between carreer criminals who show patterns of terrible decision making, or irresponsible people who take terrible risks with other peoples lives....hell in this case it really should be applied if he HANDED the loaded gun to the kid and left, that's the type of situation and person those laws are for. How about a 'Common sense prosecution" law. The situation MUST meet certain criteria to prosecute under any particular law...
1. Is this a first time offender
2. Has this person, even if never convicted, shown a pattern of irresponsiblitiy
3. Would their incarceration benefit the community, or is it necessary for the communities protection
4. Is it worth the cost to the community to prsecute, and incarcerate
5. whatever else people can think of....

there needs to be some way the people of this country can control the system that is supposed to serve and protect them. I'm probably not comming back to this thread, any comments for me go to my thread http://board.freeones.com/showthrea...et-the-addiction-begin!&p=6732105#post6732105

I suffered a broken neck and back in a car accident and my doctors said the seatbelt probably saved my life, so I am all for making people wear them. As far as airbags in my accident none of them deployed so they didn't help at all.

Damnit Plas, I'm not sure if I'm more disapointed in you in that you didn't wear your belt or that your were driving an Explorer. :cussing:

Here's the deal. I wear my belt because the only thing I really fear in the world - in this life - is that I become paralyzed. I honestly would rather be dead than a paraplegic; my ultimate fear in this world is that I get ALS or cancer. I mean I used to be wishy washy on the whole belt thing, but some years ago I realized that I could easily be a cripple if I got creamed (and I almost have a few times).

So as far as where I stand - in my world - I would never go without it, which is to say a LOT about the area I live, which is inner-city and, I've been told, one in four drivers over here don't have insurance. I was almost t-boned two times in the last seven years or so driving down the main strip over here. There are always wrecks on every cross-street on the main strip. (Yes, it's getting really ghetto over here.)

Anyway, I just think this is a gray area we are talking about here with these laws. Basically, I see it as a front for the Rollers to up their bloated budgets to fund their BS force. I'm telling you, when you are driving down 7th towards DT and they are at the bottom of a hill where motorists are GOING to go over the limit, be it by mistake or not, that's unethical. This is just an extension, in my opinion, of their "care" for us.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
I know people that would have been trapped in vehicles, and died if they were wearing them.

I see no reason for seat belt, or helmet laws. If you fel a need, by all means do what makes you feel safer, if not, that's your choice.

I know people that would have been trapped in vehicles, and died if they were wearing them.

I see no reason for seat belt, or helmet laws. If you fel a need, by all means do what makes you feel safer, if not, that's your choice.

Are you a trucker? I worked with a trucker back at a plant some time back and he told me he saw so many wrecks on the road it was crazy. Told me some crazy stories about him racing other truckers and cars doing flips in front of him and such. I suppose truckers see it all since they can be on the road some times 16 hours at a time or even more.

I'm all for it. Honestly, why should the government not be able to regulate the rules of the roads that they (using our money) build and police? You have to have insurance to drive a car. You have to have a license to drive a car. You have to have a license plate, and up to date tags, to drive a car. You have to wear a seat belt to drive a car.

Okay.

Now, if we could just get the knuckleheads to insist that all motorcycle drivers must wear a helmet in every state, it would be a real win.

I feel weird when I drive without a seatbelt. That said, the law does seem intrusive. I'm old enough to remember riding in a car without having to wear a seatbelt, heck, when the "click it or ticket" law was passed here in the States, I'd only wear it while here, but as soon as we went back to Mexico after spending a day shopping here in the U.S. I'd immediately take it off. I mean, I do understand that seatbelt save lives but this law just seems as a good way for local governments to pad their coffers. And up to a point, same thing with DWI laws. I read a study (may need to look for it but I'm too lazy to do it) that said whenever the alcohol limit was lowered some place, fatalities increased. So it seemed that the legal alcohol level was decreased in order to catch more people, not so much to make it safer, especially in places where they keep checkpoints just to check for "drunk" drivers, where "drunk" means one lousy beer.

Should it be enforced? No. If some dildo wants to drive without a seatbelt let him/her do so. If they want to die so be it.

Seat belts can be up for debate but I definitely don't mind cell phones while driving being illegal, it's illegal here in CT. I can't tell you how many times I've nearly been in an accident on the highway because the asshole next to me, in front of me or behind me was on their cell phone.

Mayhem

Banned
You guys need to look at practicality and practicality of enforcement. You don't want to wear your belt? Fine. What about the 14 y/o in the passenger seat? Law or not? Age limit? How does the cop tell? Since you don't have to wear yours, no one in the car has to wear theirs? Why should your kids buckle up if you don't?

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
I'm all for it. Honestly, why should the government not be able to regulate the rules of the roads that they (using our money) build and police? You have to have insurance to drive a car. You have to have a license to drive a car. You have to have a license plate, and up to date tags, to drive a car. You have to wear a seat belt to drive a car.

Okay.

Now, if we could just get the knuckleheads to insist that all motorcycle drivers must wear a helmet in every state, it would be a real win.

Dirl said it the best. If you want to benefit from the government's infrastructure you play by their rules. Otherwise, feel free to drive through fields on your way to work without a seatbelt.

Mandy Flores

Official Checked Star Member
Seat belts can be up for debate but I definitely don't mind cell phones while driving being illegal, it's illegal here in CT. I can't tell you how many times I've nearly been in an accident on the highway because the asshole next to me, in front of me or behind me was on their cell phone.
A perfect example of good use of a law, it protects OTHERS from your actions, perfect, all in agreement with that!

Dirl said it the best. If you want to benefit from the government's infrastructure you play by their rules. Otherwise, feel free to drive through fields on your way to work without a seatbelt.
Our government is supposed to be controlled by US, not the other way around. Laws are for criminals and to protect OTHERS from those that would cause harm...period! I agree EVRYONE should wear a seatbelt, I do not agree that the government can force you to not do something because they feel it's better for you. Speed laws are for everyone elses protection, drinking and driving laws are to protect everyone else, seatbelt laws protect and involve no one but YOU and the government has no right to tell YOU what to do for yourself! We don't live in Russia, and the US exists because of European governments driving their people away by overreaching in power and control, our constitution was written to keep government in it's place, to keep freedoms that others would take away, rather dangerous or not. There are a million things that common sense would tell a person is not safe and may cause great harm to yourself, the government has no right to start attacking those things, it is not their place and WE THE PEOPLE are supposed to be deciding what our government can or can't do. Again, I completely agree with everyone wearing seatbelts, I always wear mine, but I don't need the attorney general threatening my bank account if I don't, or forget sometime.

It's more intrusion where they do not belong.

It's just a money-grab, they do not care about you.

It's also like the nosey neighbor that thinks they need to fix you, or the church leaders that think God made a mistake allowing us to make our own choices.

I think that the Government should not tell us what we have to do to make us safe. We are full grown adults, and we have the ability to make choices of our own. I for one do not want some out of touch governing body telling me what to, or not to, do. Someone under the age of 18, yes.

They make us take a test, get insurance (Which I am of two minds about), and not drive drunk or while texting to protect someone else. But me not wearing a seatbelt can only hurt me.

And while Mandy above me is seems to be a little energetic about it, I agree with her wholeheartedly. The USA is based on freedom and the consequences of our actions, not big brother telling us what we have to do.