• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Chicago, Obama's town under heavy fire. 63 shot, 10 dead in Chicago since Friday

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism
Just like this guy:
843.jpg

ChuckFaze

Closed Account
Mayor Lori Lightfoot Removes Columbus Statue From Chicago’s Grant Park
https://thepoliticalinsider.com/may...265680b20e543dc2a6473c7b9fa19141&source=TPICI
Batta Batta Batta Ssssssss SWING! And a MISS!
Well, Shit! Damn! Looks like THAT wasn't the problem. How odd.
Looks like the Columbus statue was not the cause of the anarchy in Chicago.
Looks like Columbus was not the Bad Influence Gang Banging Arsonist Looter Destroyer running rampant in Chicago.

What an extremely sad letdown. Such a well-thought out, strategic role model, stratospheric potential for success idea... to have NOT worked. I don't get it. Doesn't make sense. Even Mr. Spock would have concluded that logically, it SHOULD have worked. It was a can't miss textbook solution to this problem.

gmase

Putting up with Democrat Hoaxes 24/7/365/4 takes a lot of energy and thus necessitates plenty of calories. :suspicious: 😁
What is DeBlasio's excuse then? Those Dems playing hoaxes on him too?

As for Christopher Columbus in Chicago: You are correct: Removing a statue only changes a focal point and, since the underlying issues did not change, there was no change in the protesting. It was easily foreseeable.

ChuckFaze

Closed Account
As to what DeBlasio's excuse is? You got me. I'm all ears.
I don't defend DeBlasio. That's not my department.
But, what the heck. Since you asked ---
Maybe fabricating excuses, redirecting blame, driving NYC into the ground 24/7/365/4 takes a lot of energy and thus necessitates plenty of calories?
That's what my updated CASIO calculator calculated. 😁

Last edited:

ChuckFaze

Closed Account
As for Christopher Columbus in Chicago: You are correct: Removing a statue only changes a focal point and, since the underlying issues did not change, there was no change in the protesting. It was easily foreseeable.
Just imagine how MANY statues were removed, how many schools, sports teams, buildings, businesses and whatever else were renamed or neutralized in whatever manner --- removing the supposed evil, insulting, racist albatrosses that all the offended people DEMANDED ... and it has NOT made a damned bit of difference. And to think they wanted Mt. Rushmore removed.

As usual ... it was just a certain party's excuse to fabricate and try to maintain chaos and mayhem before the election.

Just imagine how MANY statues were removed, how many schools, sports teams, buildings, businesses and whatever else were renamed or neutralized in whatever manner --- removing the supposed evil, insulting, racist albatrosses that all the offended people DEMANDED ... and it has NOT made a damned bit of difference. And to think they wanted Mt. Rushmore removed.

As usual ... it was just a certain party's excuse to fabricate and try to maintain chaos and mayhem before the election.
The only one that made me flinch was TR. ...but with the Indian (NA) there, I shrugged.
It’s 2020...there are other things to be concerned with.

gmase

I actually agree with you on the statues. I thought I said that.

As for DeBlasio, I have no clue either. I am closer to you than I am to NYC.

Queen Bogs

Banned
The only one that made me flinch was TR. ...but with the Indian (NA) there, I shrugged.
It’s 2020...there are other things to be concerned with.
mike, I didn't like that they tore down the US Grant statue in San Francisco (if I'm not mistaken). I understand the boiling point/paradigm shift thinking that produces unsettling changes like these, and sometimes it's a necessity for a culture/nation to experience. Disruptors in the realm of collective consciousness. But stop and think about it - Grant won the war for Lincoln, we know he was the North's greatest general, and he brought a sooner conclusion to the war (that emancipated slaves). Further, as president, he advocated for the rights and needs of the newly freed population, and blacks in general. So where again is he one of the bad white men? I'm sure he is, I mean, they tore down his statue, and we know their words and deeds are guided by Providence 😄, so... how's Ulysses S Grant a bad white man, again? It's not in my notes. 🙄

mike, I didn't like that they tore down the US Grant statue in San Francisco (if I'm not mistaken). I understand the boiling point/paradigm shift thinking that produces unsettling changes like these, and sometimes it's a necessity for a culture/nation to experience. Disruptors in the realm of collective consciousness. But stop and think about it - Grant won the war for Lincoln, we know he was the North's greatest general, and he brought a sooner conclusion to the war (that emancipated slaves). Further, as president, he advocated for the rights and needs of the newly freed population, and blacks in general. So where again is he one of the bad white men? I'm sure he is, I mean, they tore down his statue, and we know their words and deeds are guided by Providence 😄, so... how's Ulysses S Grant a bad white man, again? It's not in my notes. 🙄

Interesting perspective:
https://www.independent.co.uk/voice...an-francisco-soldier-politician-a9580091.html

Maybe statues come up and they go down as times change. King George was taken down during the Revolutionary War.
The only concern I have is that I'm seeing many posts on places like facebook that are looking for humans to be perfect. I don't think we've reached that yet and we really can't expect that of the past.

Queen Bogs

Banned
Interesting perspective:
https://www.independent.co.uk/voice...an-francisco-soldier-politician-a9580091.html

Maybe statues come up and they go down as times change. King George was taken down during the Revolutionary War.
The only concern I have is that I'm seeing many posts on places like facebook that are looking for humans to be perfect. I don't think we've reached that yet and we really can't expect that of the past.

The author's obviously aware of Grant's merit as a person, and that's still not enough. Some will not be satisfied.

“To what can I compare this generation? They are like children sitting in the marketplaces and calling out to others: ‘We played the pipe for you, and you did not dance; we sang a dirge, and you did not mourn.’

Some things never change. Let them have their tantrum. Let them tear down a hero of race equality (and one of the first) of the US, because they didn't pay attention in History. Let them try to justify the error in retrospect. Let them double down on their petulant inconsolability. All children grow up, and all statues fall eventually, anyway. 😄

The author's obviously aware of Grant's merit as a person, and that's still not enough. Some will not be satisfied.

“To what can I compare this generation? They are like children sitting in the marketplaces and calling out to others: ‘We played the pipe for you, and you did not dance; we sang a dirge, and you did not mourn.’

Some things never change. Let them have their tantrum. Let them tear down a hero of race equality (and one of the first) of the US, because they didn't pay attention in History. Let them try to justify the error in retrospect. Let them double down on their petulant inconsolability. All children grow up, and all statues fall eventually, anyway. 😄
Yeah. You guys answered better than I could.
I think the point is being over made, but I have no outrage towards it.
Address the changes to make people’s lives better. I honestly don’t know enough.
I’ve read quite a bit on TR, perhaps since I’m from Long Island.
I don’t know that much about Grant.

If someone tries to take down a statue of Julianne Moore, I’ll get more invested!

Queen Bogs

Banned
Yeah. You guys answered better than I could.
I think the point is being over made, but I have no outrage towards it.
Address the changes to make people’s lives better. I honestly don’t know enough.
I’ve read quite a bit on TR, perhaps since I’m from Long Island.
I don’t know that much about Grant.

If someone tries to take down a statue of Julianne Moore, I’ll get more invested!
Ft Bragg needs to get on that - her birthplace. I'm sure the boys in uniform would appreciate Ms Moore, striking a sculpted pose 😁

Just saw this on Facebook. Be careful, they may tip the cart and rape the horse!
DT.JPG

gmase

^^^
Although it's been a few decades, I've driven through that intersection. (Travel tip: Titusville wasn't too bad, but keep driving through Union City.) It was always fun driving in fog, rounding a curve, and coming across one of those buggies.

^^^
Although it's been a few decades, I've driven through that intersection. (Travel tip: Titusville wasn't too bad, but keep driving through Union City.) It was always fun driving in fog, rounding a curve, and coming across one of those buggies.
We like the Lancaster area. It is on the list of places we are considering to retire to.
The traffic caused by the Amish makes me smile. I wonder if I would lose that grin after a while.
I’m sure the Amish doing their darndest couldn’t match the Long Island Expressway.