• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Boxing: Devon Alexander vs. Timothy Bradley

Who wins?

• Devon Alexander

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
January 29:
Devon Alexander vs. Timothy Bradley, 12 rounds, WBC/WBO Junior Welterweight unification

Devon Alexander
(St. Louis, Missouri)
(WBC Junior Welterweight title)
Birthdate:
February 10, 1987
Height/Reach:
5'7"/71"
Professional Record:
21-0 (13 KO)
Last Fight:
W 12 Andriy Kotelnik
(August 7, 2010; 2nd defense of WBC Junior Welterweight title)

(Alexander also defended the IBF title against Kotelnik. He was stripped of that title October 22, 2010.)

Timothy Bradley
(Palm Springs, California)
(WBO Junior Welterweight title)
Birthdate:
August 29, 1983
Height/Reach:
5'6"/69"
Professional Record:
26-0 (11 KO, 1 NC)
Last Fight:
W 12 Luis Carlos Abregu
(July 17, 2010; non-title bout)

"The fans will finally get to see what I believe is going to be one of the best fights in boxing, the two best 140-pounders going head to head. Tim Bradley is considered No. 1 at 140 and I'm considered No. 2, but anybody that knows me will say that I don't like being second best at anything. Come Jan. 29, the whole world will know I am the best 140-pounder in boxing."
-- Devon Alexander

"Now the time has come to prove who the best junior welterweight in the world is and I hope that Devon is ready for the can of whoop-ass I'll be serving him on Jan. 29."
-- Timothy Bradley

Alexander vs. Bradley: Media Conference Call Transcript

What up, Admiral???

Look here, I'm going with Tim Bradley on this one. He is a lot more polished, and I don't think Alexander has the punching power nor the ability to keep Tim on the outside. Timmy in 8.

I agree with Bradley being more polished, but I see him taking a decision. I think Alexander has enough speed to keep Bradley honest

Bradley Decisions Alexander, Technical Ruling in Ten

Pontiac, Michigan - Before a crowd of 6,247 at the Silverdome, Timothy Bradley (27-0, 11KOs) won a ten round technical decision over Devon Alexander (21-1, 13KOs) to unify the WBO and WBC junior welterweight titles. The scores were 97-93, 96-95 and 98-93 for Bradley.

The fight began with a close intense battle with both boxers throwing jabs and picking their spots. Bradley did the best work with flurry of punches near the end as he got Alexander against the ropes. Bradley appeared to shake up Alexander in the third with a combination. There seemed be a minor cut suffered by Alexander above his right eye during the action. In the fourth, Bradley landed a few hard right hands to push Alexander back. The middle rounds were very close, with both boxers going back and forth with tactical shots. Bradley was getting the minor edge but the rounds could have easily gone in the other direction.

After several head clashes, there was a real bad one in the tenth round. Alexander was unable to see from the injured right eye and the doctor stopped the fight after the boxer said he could not see. The HBO replay showed the clash of heads hitting the other side of Alexander's head, away from the injured eye, which confused the announcers.

Ring Doctor Speaks: Why He Stopped Bradley-Alexander

Pontiac, Michigan - Before a crowd of 6,247 at the Silverdome, Timothy Bradley (27-0, 11KOs) won a ten round technical decision over Devon Alexander (21-1, 13KOs) to unify the WBO and WBC junior welterweight titles. The scores were 97-93, 96-95 and 98-93 for Bradley. The fight was stopped early in the tenth round when Alexander, after a clash of heads,*said he was unable to see from a damage right eye.

The ringside doctor, Peter Samet, said he stopped the fight*in fear of permanent damage being caused,*because Alexander*was unable*to open his eye after repeated requests to do so.

"He literally couldn't open his eye. It was more than a cut. I was worried it was his nerve and that his eye was paralyzed," said Dr. Peter Samet.

Bradley seemed to be in control throughout and Alexander never really got going. I thought it was a good fight, but it sucks that it had to end the way it did.

I think Alexander bitched out, personally. Alexanders entire corner constantly act like bitches, and Kevin Cunningham is perhaps one of the worst trainers in boxing I've seen in long time. Both Alexander and Corey Spinks wilt under pressure, and maybe decent boxers, but are faggot-ass fighters. Maybe it's a St. Louis thing, because they're rap artists are the same way... gimmicky and soft (shout out to any fans of Nelly, Chingy, Huey, Murphy Lee, or J-Kwon).