• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

May 1, 2010: Shane Mosley vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Who wins?

• Total voters
No, if Mosley wins then he will be Pacquiao's next opponent. Roach has said that they will face the winner of this fight next

Mosley: After I retire Mayweather, Pacquiao is next

"I would like to congratulate Manny on his victory Saturday night even though I think it put most of the fans watching to sleep. Now it’s time for the world to focus on May 1 when I promise you nobody will be sleeping except for Floyd after I knock him out and send him back into retirement.* Maybe if Floyd comes back a second time, he and Manny will fight one day, but it will only be for the opportunity to fight me again:, the man who beat both of them.

Floyd is too slick defensively. SSM looks nice against Margarito, but he's a 1 dimensional guy. Floyd's defensive skill is too great for Mosley to penetrate the guard too often, and his hand speed dizzying.

Floyd will win a lopsided decision.

Good analysis, but I think it will be a close decision for Floyd.

Mayweather-Mosley: Drug testing to begin on Monday

LOS ANGELES*- Floyd Mayweather and Shane Mosley will begin the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) gold standard anti-doping program on Monday, March 22 as they continue to prepare for Mayweather vs Mosley "Who R U Picking?" set to take place on Saturday, May 1 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas and produced and distributed live on HBO Pay-Per-View ® beginning at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT.

Both Mayweather and Mosley have agreed to the gold-standard, anti-doping program, the most stringent in sport, as outlined and mandated by USADA. The program involves no-advance-notice sample collection of the athletes' blood and urine prior to and after the fight so that all banned substances, some of which do not show up in urine alone, are tested for thoroughly, and with both athletes subjected to the testing program leading up to as well as after the fight.

Mayweather, Mosley wage war on drugs, and each other

In the latest effort to help boxing progress from the dark ages, Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Shane Mosley confirmed on Thursday afternoon their commitment to random drug testing for their May 1 super fight in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Representatives for both fighters joined USADA (United States Anti-Doping Agency) CEO Travis Tygart on a media conference call Thursday afternoon. The procedure to ensure that both fighters are drug-free ahead of their highly anticipated showdown was discussed in full detail by Tygart, with the unbridled support of both sides of the promotion.

Both fighters have been briefed on the procedures that will take place and were required to provide their whereabouts 24/7 for the next six weeks to the USADA, who will conduct an unspecified amount of blood and urine samples. The fighters are obligated to keep the USADA updated of any changes in their itinerary during that specified period.

Monday will mark the start of the testing period, though tests won’t necessarily take place on that day. Such knowledge would defeat the purpose of random testing in the first place, as would confirmation of the number of tests that would be conducted.

Tygart admitted to taking Mosley’s history into consideration when offering their services for this fight, but pointed out that it’s the perfect example of what their organization is truly after.

“We considered it thoroughly, his alleged involvement with BALCO. We asked ourselves, what would clean athletes want us to do?* Clean athletes want to be involved.”

Representatives for Mosley were a bit more emphatic in their pointing out that Mosley’s actions for this fight is further proof that he doesn’t have anything to hide.

“Shane would not be doing this if he weren’t certain that he isn’t clean,” points out Judd Burstein, Mosley’s high-profile attorney. “He is doing this… and didn’t hesitate when asked.

”If anything, Mosley believes it will go a long way in clearing his name, offering further proof that – despite public perception to the contrary – he is in fact a clean fighter.

Floyd is the best. Cats need to recognize the skill level. Watch his fight v Zab Judah or Oscar to see the defensive genius.

He'll school Manny too.

Mayweather-Mosley trade words face to face on HBO

To further hype their welterweight mega-fight on May 1 in Las Vegas, Floyd Mayweather Jr. and WBA champion Shane Mosley sat down with HBO's Max Kellerman to tape a face to face segment where both fighters would speak on a variety of topics from their decade long rivalry.

Floyd Mayweather should beat Mosley, says Billy Graham

Billy Graham, who took Ricky Hatton into a megafight with Floyd back in December 2007, spent hours studying Floyd in the build-up to that showdown.* Sadly, he left the MGM Grand arena heartbroken after Hatton’s tenth-round stoppage loss yet Floyd’s boxing had impressed the veteran trainer.* Indeed, Graham has waxed lyrical about Floyd ever since and believes that it will take a special fighter to beat ‘Money’ Mayweather.

“It is no foregone conclusion, for sure, but you’d have to lean towards Floyd, who is younger and hasn’t taken any of those type of beatings that Shane took in his fights against Vernon Forrest and Winky Wright,” Graham declared to BoxingScene.com when analysing the upcoming contest.

Graham, as was the case with the Hatton fight, believes that the key to beating Floyd is not just back him up but, rather, knowing what to do when you have forced Floyd into his defensive shell.

“If it is a straight boxing match then Floyd will edge it.* Shane needs to make a fight of it at times to take Floyd out of his stride, whether or not he can do that is what makes this a fascinating fight,” predicted Graham.

Mayweather-Mosley: Nevada to conduct their own tests

The executive director of the Nevada State Athletic Commission Keith Kizer says the NSAC will conduct its own tests on Floyd Mayweather Jr and Shane Mosley who face each other at the MGM Grand on May 1.

Kizer informed BoxingScene.com, insidesports.ph, Standard Today and Viva Sports that the NSAC “will be performing steroid and drug tests of athletes on that card, including the main event boxers,” Mayweather Jr and Mosley.

Kizer made it clear that by allowing the United States Anti Doping Agency or USADA to undertake its own and separate tests as agreed upon between the camps of both fighters,*the Nevada Commission’s authority and jurisdiction over the fight and the fighters involved was not being undermined.

As for Khan-PM, I think Khan will win a decision OR stop him. Khan is as fast, bigger, taller and much more powerful. PM lacks the power to keep Khan honest.

RJJ or BHop?

Shane Mosley should beat Mayweather, says Pacquiao

Speaking with the Manila Bulletin, WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao picked Shane Mosley to upset Floyd Mayweather Jr. on May 1 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada. Pacquiao thinks Mayweather is too defensive to win rounds against Mosley.*The Filipino champ says Mosley's punch output will beat Mayweather's defensive style.

“I pick Mosley to win that fight because he can throw a lot of punches compared to Mayweather who’s a very defensive boxer. Defense can’t win fights, especially against a fighter like Mosley who relies on speed,” said Pacquiao.

Pacquiao's trainer Freddie Roach told the paper he would welcome a fight with Mosley with open arms.

“I like Shane because he’s a real fighter. It will be an exciting fight than the one involving Mayweather,” said Roach.

Saul Alvarez-Jose Miguel Cotto on Mayweather-Mosley undercard

Undefeated*welterweight prospect Saul Alvarez (31-0, 23KOs) of Mexico is going to fight Jose Miguel Cotto (31-1-1, 23KOs), the*older brother of two-division champion Miguel Cotto, on the pay-per-view undercard of Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Shane Mosley on May 1 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

"He's a tough competitor, with experience, and a good record. He already*fought twice for a*world championship. He didn't win but they were good fights," said Alvarez to Televisa Deportes. "I think at this stage of my career I'm ready for these kinds of opponents."

Damn, PacMan brought up a point i didn't think of. Floyd doesn't really press the offense in his fights, and Shane might still be fast enough to get some shots in. I don't think either guy has the power to KO the other though.

Ellerbe: Mayweather will beat Mosley like he did Corrales

Leonard Ellerbe, the CEO of Mayweather Promotions, made a very bold statement about the upcoming*fight between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and WBA welterweight champion Shane Mosley, which takes place on May 1 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Ellerbe told boxing scribe Kevin Iole of Yahoo Sports to expect a “Corrales-type performance.”

When Mayweather met Diego Corrales head to head in 2001, they were two undefeated*super featherweight boxers*on a straight course to collide. There were some experts who had the much taller Corrales as the favorite to win. Mayweather put on one of the best performances of his career when he knocked Corrales down five times and forced his corner to stop the action in the tenth round. The win put Mayweather on a clear path to being a future superstar.

Mayweather, Mosley have taken first random blood test

The executive director of the Nevada State Athletic Commission has disclosed* that Floyd Mayweather Jr and Shane Mosley have already been tested for any illegal substance by the US Anti Doping Agency.

Keith Kizer told BoxingScene.com,insidesports.ph, Standard Today and Viva Sports that he was informed by Golden Boy Promotions who will stage the May showdown at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada that “both boxers have taken at least one test already.”

However, there were no details on when and where the tests had been taken or what the results are, up to now.

Photos/Quotes: Shane Mosley training for Mayweather

Mayweather Sr, Jack Mosley trade strong fight opinions

Floyd Mayweather Sr. and Jack Mosley have similiar background stories in the sport of boxing. Mayweather Sr. started training his son, Floyd Mayweather Jr., at a very young age and guided his pro career until the two of them had a falling out many years ago. Floyd Sr.'s brother Roger took over as head trainer.

Like Mayweather Sr., Jack Mosley started training his own son, Shane Mosley, at a very young age and guided his pro career until the two of them had a falling out a few years ago. Shane's current trainer is Naazim Richardson.

Both Jack and Floyd Sr. sit in the background as their sons prepare for a scheduled super-fight on May 1 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

According to Jack, a plan to beat Mayweather Jr. was discussed as far back as ten years ago, when Floyd Jr. was dominating the super featherweight division and Shane was an undefeated lightweight champion.

Floyd Sr., who is never at a loss for words, heard Jack's comments and fired off his own thoughts on the fight. He believes Shane's power will be neutralized by Floyd Jr.'s defense and speed.

Mosley getting beat up in training, says Mayweather Sr.

According to trainer Floyd Mayweather Sr., there are rumors floating around that WBA welterweight champion Shane Mosley is getting beat up in training camp by his sparring partners. Mosley defends his title against Floyd Mayweather Jr. on May 1 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Mayweather Sr. doesn't give Mosley a shot at beating his son. He said Mosley has*trouble with black fighters*and points his record, where four defeats have come at the hands of*black fighters;*Vernon Forrest*twice and Winky Wright twice.

"I hear he is getting his ass whooped in camp. I don't know if it's true, but I hear he getting his ass whooped. Shane ain't never beat a black fighter since he lost. He's only been fighting Mexican fighters since Forrest and Winky beat him and hell, Oscar beat him the second time," Mayweather Sr. told fighthype.com.

Floyd Sr. likes what he sees from his own son in training camp. He says Mayweather Jr. is putting his punches together against sparring partners.

"I like what I see in*little Floyd right now. The thing I like is he's really letting his hands go," Mayweather Sr. said.

Floyd Mayweather