• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Better Call Saul

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Episode #3: Amarillo. Starts in one hour. Gonna watch on my 'puter. Looking forward to more Mike E.:cool:

**SPOILERS AHEAD I GUESS**

I was hoping Mike would take out Tuco, if only to throw a major kink in the whole BB storyline.

Who needs logic or continuity to be a hit show anyways? (see Lost)

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Tuco appeared in the first season, and Cruz said he was open to reappear later on in BCS if they asked him. He has a lot of commitments so we'll see. They'd be wise to maintain the continuity with the pre-BB world if only to legitimize the possible cameos of Walt and or Jesse. But it looks like the producers fully intend to start having BB characters appear in the prequel. I like the writing on this. I dug the Raging Bull nod and the fact that Mike kyped Tuco's necklace in the skirmish. Cruz sounds willing. A third storyline bringing Nacho and Tuco in might work if it's done effectively. Expect to see Gus again obviously. That opens a lot of doors.

AndiLand

Official Checked Star Member
Just got caught up on this season's episodes... hate waiting for more, I want to binge watch the shit out of this show!

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
My buddy at work told me this morning to shut the hell up. He missed the show last night but had it on DVR. So I told him, "I won't tell you about the episode. But it had a surprise ending. Here's a hint: DING-DING-DING-DING!"

ApolloBalboa

Was King of the Board for a Day
For all you Tio Salamanca/Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul fans (myself included)

Mark Margolis is a cotdamn American (Mexican?) treasure.

That old guy in the cafe seemed nice and reasonable. And it's not like Mike has to accept his offer.

edit: **SPOILERS TO FOLLOW** for those who are watching this show in a vacuum.

It's funny, these characters, I'm like, "Yep, Walt kills him, and kills him, and gets him kilt" and so forth. I'm just glad Kim Wexler never met Walt.

oops, spoilers. oh c'mon, don't even. fine.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Mark Margolis is a cotdamn American (Mexican?) treasure.

He can't speak Spanish. He had a helluva time with it. He faked an accent really well in Scarface and he said he dreaded having to use it on Breaking Bad. Interesting to see where this story arc goes.

ApolloBalboa

Was King of the Board for a Day
He can't speak Spanish. He had a helluva time with it. He faked an accent really well in Scarface and he said he dreaded having to use it on Breaking Bad. Interesting to see where this story arc goes.

http://www.vulture.com/2016/03/mark-margolis-tio-better-call-saul-return.html

According to that, he can (at least on what sounds like an intermediate level). I only put Mexican with a question mark because it seems like at least a good part of his career is due to playing characters of Spanish ethnicity, even if he is home-grown American.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
http://www.vulture.com/2016/03/mark-margolis-tio-better-call-saul-return.html

According to that, he can (at least on what sounds like an intermediate level). I only put Mexican with a question mark because it seems like at least a good part of his career is due to playing characters of Spanish ethnicity, even if he is home-grown American.

Here he says he really couldn't. Just the accent.

http://www.amc.com/shows/breaking-bad/talk/2012/01/mark-margolis-interview

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
Great episode. I like how he employed Herb Tarlic's fashion sense; unflushed zeabfowls and bagpipes to get fired.

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
Kim Wexler is heading down the same road as Skyler White, I won't be surprised if she's despised by a large segment of the viewers sooner rather than later.

"There are wolves and sheep in this world, kid,” Grifty says. “Figure out which one you’re gonna be.”

That scene was meant to be profound but it came off as really cheesy.

And there are wolves and sheep AND Rhodesian Ridgebacks in this world.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
Kim Wexler is heading down the same road as Skyler White, I won't be surprised if she's despised by a large segment of the viewers sooner rather than later.

I finally got caught up last night, so I had to stay away from this thread. Kim could make a turn toward the Skyler side. But Skyler had a stick up her ass from Day 1. I never liked her. And she just got worse as time went on. But Kim doesn't *seem* to have the same nagging, holier than thou traits that Skyler did. She knows Jimmy and accepts him as he is, even if she doesn't want to get but so close to the devil on his shoulder. She seems to like running harmless cons with that devil though. But most of all, she seems content to let him be who (and what) he is. I don't know... I just really like her character. I hope the writers don't turn her into a greedy, self-centered shrew. That role seems to be occupied right now by Stacey, Kaylee's mom. She's pretty much the only character on the show (so far) that I don't have any use for.

Course, on the other hand, we know that something is probably going to happen to or with Kewl Kim, since she wasn't seen or mentioned by "Saul" on Breaking Bad. I kind of have the same affection for her as I did for Jesse... only she's hot. At some point, I'm afraid that Jimmy is going to unintentionally cause harm to come to her.

As much as I genuinely despise American TV these days, this is one amazing show! I can't believe that there's only a couple of episodes left this season. Maybe Badger and Skinny Pete will make an appearance and take us out of the season with a chuckle.

Harpsman

Light one for Me
Series 2 moving as slow as series 1. I think we're all giving BCS a bye ball because BB was soo good and we figure BCS will be too - given time. Thing is, how much time are we gonna give it? Prequels have so many possibilities and permutations...

If Chuck fell down the stairs that would inject a bit of pace.:)

Ari Dee

It's definitely a very slow show but I'm still entertained by it & pay for every episode on Vudu.

I'm a little annoyed by emotionally investing in the Kim Wexler character since as someone else mentioned, she's not brought up in Breaking Bad..
but I still get how it's a viable factor for Saul's "origin story". Then I have to get even more invested in Mike, knowing he dies. This show is like an exercise in mild viewer masochism :p

I like Kim Wexler. She's straight arrow (with some lols on the side) and a likeable character, nevermind nice to look at. I just hope she parts ways with Jimmy after he finally goes too far and she doesn't come to harm.

And they do have to pick up the pace. The actor who plays Mike isn't getting any younger. Seriously. Hurry up.

Harpsman

Light one for Me
I like Kim Wexler. She's straight arrow (with some lols on the side) and a likeable character, nevermind nice to look at. I just hope she parts ways with Jimmy after he finally goes too far and she doesn't come to harm.

And they do have to pick up the pace. The actor who plays Mike isn't getting any younger. Seriously. Hurry up.

Yeah, I thought that about Jonathan Banks (Mike) too.

I think that Kim's character will bring the shock factor to BCS. As a character she's way more personable than Skylar. As you say she doesn't feature in BB. I thinks she's gonna be a victim of something going horribly wrong.