• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Best Rap/hiphop Song Ever?

ALTHOUGH THERES A WHOLE BUNCH TO CHOOSE FROM, I FINALLY DECIDED (AFTER LISTENING TO ABOUT 200 SONGS IN THE MATTER OF A HALF DAYS
TIME) THAT THE BEST RAP (I THINK HIPHOP IS WATERED DOWN LIKE GATORADE) SONG OF ALL TIME IS........................................................

LL COOL J'S "I'M BAD".
AFTER LISTENING TO ABOUT 100 SONGS I THOUGHT I WAS CONVINCED THAT
THIS WAS THE BEST RAP EVER, BUT TO BE FARE TO ALL THE OTHER CHALLENGERS I LISTENED TO ABOUT 10 MORE. TO NO AVAIL I COULD NOT FIND ANOTHER RAP SONG THAT MADE ME FEEL LIKE THIS ONE DID. AFTER HEARING IT FOR THE 10TH TIME IN A ROW IT HYPED ME UP TO THE POINT THAT I WAS INTENT ON MAKING MY WIFE SCREAM LIKE SHE HAS NEVER SCREAMED BEFORE(FOR YOU SLOW FOLK, I'M TALKING ABOUT DURING COPULATION). SHE MOANED LOUDLY AND DIDN'T SCREAM LIKE I WANTED HER TO, BUT I STILL SAY THAT "I'M BAD" IS THE BEST RAP SONG EVER!!!
:bigear: :bigear: :bigear:

dave_rhino

Closed Account
well 'Sugarhill Gang - Rappers Delight' is clearly the greatest hip hop song ever written, although for me my fave is 'Eminem - Drug Ballad', i duno why, it just stayed in my head for about 3 years after i heard it...

Oh, and Will Smith - Gettin Jiggy :D

dave_rhino said:
well 'Sugarhill Gang - Rappers Delight' is clearly the greatest hip hop song ever written, although for me my fave is 'Eminem - Drug Ballad', i duno why, it just stayed in my head for about 3 years after i heard it...

Oh, and Will Smith - Gettin Jiggy :D

SUGARHILL GANG'S "RAPPERS DELIGHT" WAS STOLEN MATERIAL. TWO OF THE GUYS WERE PRODUCERS FOR SUGARHILL GANG RECORDS AND NOT RAPPERS. THEY HAD TO HAVE SOMEONE ELSE WRITE THEIR VERSES.
ALTHOUGH THIS IS TRUE, I STILL RESPECT YOUR CHOICE. "DRUG BALLAD" IS
TIGHT BUT "GETTING JIGGY" AND ANYTHING ELSE THAT WILL SMITH (NOT THE FRESH PRINCE) DROPS IS TOTALLY GARBAGE. HE GETS SOME NICE BEATS, BUT DOESN'T PUT ANY THOUGHT INTO HIS SONGS LIKE HE USED TO.
"GETTING JIGGY" IS A RIPOFF OF THE LOX'S "IF YOU THINK I'M JIGGY".

will smith is nothing without jazzy jeff.
without him he's the "king" of crap.:throwup: :lame: :ban:

om3ga

It's good to be the king...
My favourite always has been Afrika Bambaataa - Planet Rock but that's probably classified as "Electro".

I guess the best Rap/Hip-hop: Run DMC - Walk This Way (with Steven Tyler & Joe Perry). That single broke new ground.....

hieroglyphics: burnt. this is one of if, not the best, hip hop tracks ever made, for sure.

del: undisputed champs
Run DMC: it's like that
Jungle brothers: true blue bother
tribe called quest: can i kick it?
de la soul: oodles of O's or en focus or potholes in my lawn
dr. octagon: wild and crazy

the list will go on and on...
again, i feel this is an impossible question to answer. it's hard enough creating a top ten list.

Theres not really one I like more than any other. But there is one thats special to me for a very personal reason. Whenever I hear it I can help but break into a great big smile, this is no matter how I feel or what I'm doing. The track is...

Beastie Boys - Girls

pitino

are you talking to me?
one of my favs: "Jump around" from House of Pain

My favourite at the moment is Coolio - Gangsta's Paradise. I heard the song and instantly loved it and even to this day it gives me a boost just hearing it. Also love the film it was in.

eminem - the way i am
Coolio - Gangsta's Paradise
2pac - calilfonia love :)

Too $hort --- Pimpology

hedgehog said:
Too $hort --- Pimpology

this is a choice noone can argue with...the album its on was nominated for a grammy...it was bumping for years (i was playing it to death for about two myself) after it dropped...i was this close )( to picking it as my favorite album of all time, but reconsidered when i played it recently...to me it lost its luster, maybe because i payed it so much when it first came out that i just can't feel it anymore...that and the fact that my P.I.M.P. days are over...damn i'm getting old!:pimpdaddy :banger: :cry:

Some of my favorite songs...... sometimes songs tell a tale, sometimes they just rap for no reason...whatever...

E.P.M.D. Strictly Snappin Necks
Wu Tang Clan - Tearz
MC Eiht/ Compton's Most Wanted - Driveby Miss Daisy
DJ Danger Mouse/ Jay - Z - 99 Problems mixed to the beatles (wicked album)
Flava in Your Ear (remix) Craig mack, busta, LL, Puffy, and Notorious BIG
The D.O.C. feat N.W.A. - The Grande Finale
Cypress Hill - Shoot em Up
Nas - I gave you power
Shook ones - Mobb Deep
Compton's Most Wanted - Late night hype
Ice Cube - Once upon a time in the projects.

those in no way are my favorites.....i simply have toooo much hip hop to make that designation and your opinion changes all the time based on mood and age... but they are some good songs

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
EPMD- so what cha sayin
NAS-it aint hard to tell

i forgot to say this in my earlier post, it pertains to great hip hop songs.

if anybody is interested in great hiphop check out the show "dedicated" at wnur.org :http://www.wnur.org/
listen to it streaming
it plays sunday nights/monday mornings from midnight to 5am (central time zone)

you'll here a lot of your favorites and probably some new stuff you never even heard of, all blended. a non-stop mix. its a great show for hiphop heads.