• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Best cover song

member987

Closed Account
agggelos21 said:
Judas Priest - Diamonds & Rust (Joan Baez)

never was and neve will be a better one!!! :banger:

Priest originally did the cover of Diamonds And Rust in 1974, as a heavy metal song. On their recent tour, Priest are doing Diamonds as an acoustic cover. It rocks as well!! :thumbsup:

edgrant said:
The Postal Service - Against All Odds (Phil Collins)

Any opinions on this song?

Sucks ass. Sorry, you asked.

But I'd feel remiss if I didn't add something positive to balance my blunt negativity.

Dimmu Borgir does an AWESOME cover of Twisted Sister's "Burn In Hell"

Last edited:
megadeth do a wicked cover of "paranoid" and also they done a cover of "no more mister nice guy" both come out pretty damn good

Nirvana's cover of David Bowie's "The Man Who Sold The World"

Marilyn Manson's version of "Sweet Dreams"

these are my 2 favorites.

om3ga

It's good to be the king...
I suppose "Shake, Rattle and Roll" by Bill Haley and the Comets' which was a cleaned-up cover version originally recorded by Big Joe Turner.

(heard about this months ago on a BBC TV documentary about Soul Music)

caboom said:
covers after Iron Maiden are all bad :fight: ,nobody can't sing like Maiden:banger:!

I'm a HUGE maiden fan and I must say only two bands do a hell of a job with thier songs. Cradle of Filth and Steel Prophet.

i got more than 50 covers after iron maiden,and i ageed with caboom,but if you jaysfrontier64 prever black metal i understand why you like this cover. :hatsoff:

Me First & the Gimme Gimmes -- Wild World (Cat Stevens).
Korn covered Shooting Star (Bad Company) on the Wonderland sdtrk.
Red Hot Chili Peppers -- Higher Ground (Stevie Wonder)
and of course Dynamite Hack covering Boyz in the Hood (Eazy E)

Higher and Higher - Al Green (you might remember this in Ghostbusters 2). The original was done by Rita Coolidge in the 70's.

The Ramones - Baby I Love You
Pet Shop Boys - Always On My Mind
Sugababes - I Bet That You Look Good On The Dance Floor
Beastie Boys - Start

Bands that cover The Cure songs sound so different. And not in an entirely good way. :(

I like how the Marley kids use Bob's songs. Not bad.

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
the mercyful fate/king diamond melody off "garage inc." by metallica is 11 mins long and should be heard to be believed!!:bowdown::bowdown: