• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Avengers vs Xmen ***SPOILERS***

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
Re: Avengers vs Xmen ─ ***SPOILERS***

thanks for the explanation. im gonna have to re-visit all this stuff.

its been years and years. ;)

At least in the past both Cap and Cyclops were a little too boyscoutish for me, but I always liked cap. Cyclops...not so much. There are just too many instances, even before him getting more militant, of him being a douchebag.

Aces&Jacks

Retired Mod

There are just too many instances, even before him getting more militant, of him being a douchebag.

...and arrogant, and a asshole, and a "to hell with what the rest of you think, just do what I say because I'm always right" prick.

Aces&Jacks

Retired Mod

Uncanny X-Men v2 11 (Tie-In)

Takes place during Avengers vs. X-Men 1 and 2, retelling in more detail some of the characters motivations and the battle between Red Hulk and Colossus/Juggernaut. It concludes with a poignant letter to the people of the U.S from Cyclops.

Attachments

• Uncanny11.jpg
    Uncanny11.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 73

squallumz

cycs had a hard life. you cant blame him.

yeah, he can be irritating. but not everyone is fucking happy and lighthearted 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

in recent news, i picked up the final issue of the uncanny x-men and the 1st of the curse of the mutants..

god help me if i get back into comics..

Aces&Jacks

Retired Mod

cycs had a hard life. you cant blame him.

yeah, he can be irritating. but not everyone is fucking happy and lighthearted 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Plus he has the responsibility for the protection of an entire species on his shoulders. Talk about pressure. Maybe its too much for one man to absorb and make rational decisions at the same time.

in recent news, i picked up the final issue of the uncanny x-men and the 1st of the curse of the mutants..

god help me if i get back into comics..
I had the same reaction when I started collecting comics again 1 1/2 years ago after not having collected them since 1983. My current collection is all digital, which is probably the only reason why I decided to jump back in.

Aces&Jacks

Retired Mod

Secret Avengers 26 (Tie-In)

The Avengers that are not fighting the X-Men on Utopia (Beast, Thor, Ms. Marvel, Protector/Noh-Varr, War Machine, Valkyrie, Vision, and Captain Britain) are in space trying to prevent the Phoenix Force from reaching Earth. They are defeated badly.

Meanwhile, the Kree have hatched a plan to 1)use the Phoenix Force energy to resurrect Captain Marvel and 2)divert the Phoenix Force to Hala, their home planet, for some reason not yet revealed. They succeed in the 1st part and then try to recruit the 2 Avengers that are Kree, Ms. Marvel and Noh-Varr to aid in accomplishing the 2nd using what appears to be the newly resurrected Captain Marvel to do the recruiting.

Attachments

• Secret Avengers26.jpg
    Secret Avengers26.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 73

squallumz

Plus he has the responsibility for the protection of an entire species on his shoulders. Talk about pressure. Maybe its too much for one man to absorb and make rational decisions at the same time.

as irritating as he can be, i like that he's realistic like that. he's no none sense. like iceman was telling him in the last issue, he never was fun but now, he's even less fun.

i think a lot of us know someone like that.

I like how he leaves off huge pertinent information to the public in that letter. :1orglaugh

The Avengers haven't did everything right in this, but Cyclops plan seems, umm I don't know...sort of insane. It's like he will just have the Phoenix Force come, something that's destroying entire planets in route, and hope a bunch of good stuff will happen with very little justification for why it will other than desperation.

Xavier did it well for a long time. (at least before they assassinated his characterization)

squallumz

Xavier did it well for a long time. (at least before they assassinated his characterization)

yeah, but he had an amazing mind. if (i think it was jean grey) can put up all those walls, then im sure prof x could do it that much better.

i wouldnt want that sort of pressure. cyc was very close to the professor, and a very close 2nd in command. above jean even. maybe his no nonsense attitude is just what they needed in a leader. assholes make the best managers in real life, after all.

assholes make the best managers in real life, after all.

I don't know about that. Some of the best managers I have known have been hard asses when they needed to be, but they also tempered that with knowing what they were doing, were good judges of character, were competent, knew how their jobs and everybody under them was supposed to work in a realistic sense, and maybe above all were fair and stood up for the people under them that did good work and made honest effort. In a lot of ways I can respect somebody like that. Those are the rare ones though. Usually the vast majority of the ones that that people don't like are not only assholes, but they don't know what's going on too often, aren't competent, and have unrealistic expectations of what will happen and what the people under them should do.

Aces&Jacks

Retired Mod

New Avengers v2 25 (Tie-In)

In the mystic city of K'un Lun, the leader, whose dreams have been haunted by a female Iron Fist/Phoenix combination, searches for a red-headed female who prophecies say will not only be the next Iron Fist, but will either be possessed by the Phoenix Force or be the Earth's protector against the Phoenix Force. I'm not sure which at this point.

Attachments

• NewAvengers25.jpg
    NewAvengers25.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 101

Aces&Jacks

Retired Mod

After one month, the Avengers vs. X-Men crossover event has begun to develop. As it turns out, it is more than just a slug-fest between the two super groups. With multiple storylines and multiple parties involved other than the main two (the Kree, the Shi'ar, and the Mystics of K'un Lun), it's shaping up to be a great cosmic adventure on earth. Here is the story so far.

The Phoenix Force is headed towards earth. The Avengers believe it is a destructive force that will lay waste to the earth while the X-Men believe it es a force of rebirth that could reignite the mutant race. Both believe it will use the young mutant H ope Summers as its avatar.

The main title (Avengers vs X-Men) focuses on the overall battle between the two groups in their attempts to detain and protect Hope respectively, and the Avengers attempt to prevent the Phoenix Force from reaching earth.

The Avengers tie-ins - (Avengers v4) injects the Kree and their plans for the Phoenix Force into the storyline. (New Avengers v2) involves the K'un Lun and their plans for the Phoenix Force and introduces us to a Jean Grey look-alike who may or may not be a new female Iron Fist possessed by the Phoenix Force. (Secret Avengers) also involves the Kree and its plans for the Pheonix Force, including the resurrection of Captain Marvel and the recruitment of Ms. Marvel and the Protector. Both of whom are Kree.

The X-Men tie-ins - (Wolverine and the X-Men) details Wolverine and his students perspectives and injects the Shi'ar and their desires to destroy the Phoenix Force into the storyline.(Uncanny X-Men v2) details the situation from Hope and the X-men's perspective. An alien computer called Unit seems very involved with Hope, but I'm not sure whether this is part of the A vs. X storyline.

Here is a my unofficial reading order of the event so far.

Prelude
00a - Avengers X-Sanction (4 issue mini-series)
00b - Avengers vs. X-Men Program (fanzine)
00c - Avengers vs. X-Men Infinite [digital only] (Chronicles Nova crashing to earth)

01 - Avengers v4 25
02 - Wolverine and the X-Men 09
03 - Avengers vs. X-Men 01 (of 12)
04 - New Avengers v2 24
05 - Uncanny X-Men v2 11
06 - Avengers vs. X-Men 02 (of 12)
07 - Secret Avengers 26
08 - New Avengers v2 25

Aces&Jacks

Retired Mod

Avengers Academy 29 (Tie-In)

Wolverine brings the young mutants from Utopia to Avengers Academy to keep them out of the conflict between the Avengers and the X-Men. Everyone is trying to keep things peaceful between the two groups of youngsters. Sebastian Shaw, who was being held as a prisoner on Utopia, is also brought to Avengers Academy for safe keeping. He, of course, escapes.

Attachments

• Avengers Academy 29.jpg
    Avengers Academy 29.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 98

Reading all these tie ins gets expensive, man. Especially if you're reading more than one title.

Aces&Jacks

Retired Mod

AvX VS 01 (of 06)

"It's VERSUS #1! The fightingest book you've ever read, where we take fights from Avengers vs. X-Men and expand them into all-out smash-ups! These take place right in the middle of Avengers vs. X-Men 02 (of 12).

This book is probably what many readers wanted to see when they heard "Avengers vs. X-Men". Hero vs. Mutant, whose going to win. To me, the battles seem too short and in at least one, IM vs Mags, the outcome seemed indecisive.

Up first, the Invincible Iron Man vs. Magneto. Magneto is surprised to learn that Iron Man's armor is not metal. Using satellite technology at his command, Iron Man pounds Magneto, who while leaving a cryptic message about Wanda, drifts off into space. Winner *** Iron Man ***!

Second battle, the Thing vs. Namor the Sub-Mariner. This is a pure slug-fest, with Thing using an underwater creature to slap down Namor. Winner *** Thing ***!

Attachments

• AvX VS1a.jpg
    AvX VS1a.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 85
  • AvX VS1b.jpg
    AvX VS1b.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 81

Aces&Jacks

Retired Mod

Reading all these tie ins gets expensive, man. Especially if you're reading more than one title.
Which is why I'm all digital now. If you buy digital comics, you save at least a dollar and possibly up to three dollars per comic. Plus you can easily trade with your friends and save more.

Which is why I'm all digital now. If you buy digital comics, you save at least a dollar and possibly up to three dollars per comic. Plus you can easily trade with your friends and save more.

It just isn't the same with a visual medium like comics not having a physical copy in one's hands in my opinion.

Aces&Jacks

Retired Mod

It just isn't the same with a visual medium like comics not having a physical copy in one's hands in my opinion.

I've got 5000 comics in mylar bags and cardboard boxes for fear of damage, take up too much space in my home, are hard to get in and out of to get what you want, and can't be transported easily.

I also have 30,000 digital comics, all on my laptop hard drive. I can just as easily access Amazing Spider-Man #22 as I can access the latest released editions. They take up no space, I can carry all 30,000 wherever I go, and I can reread them as much as I want without fear of damage. What's not to like!