• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Avengers vs Xmen ***SPOILERS***

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
Re: Avengers vs Xmen

Ummm...another thing. In that picture where they are jumping out of the plane or whatever it is that's hundreds of feet into the air it looks like they have some people that can't fly and are relatively squishy compared to the more durable people. How's that work out? :dunno: :1orglaugh

splat.

Aces&Jacks

Retired Mod

In that picture where they are jumping out of the plane or whatever it is that's hundreds of feet into the air

S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier

Attachments

• AvX_1_TheGroup_032.jpg
    AvX_1_TheGroup_032.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 84

Aces&Jacks

Retired Mod

You're all referring to the green Hulk (Bruce Banner), who is not an Avenger in the comics. I would agree that the X-Men would have no answer for him, as witnessed in the crossover event World War Hulk, but the point is moot. The red Hulk is the Avenger and his abilities fall considerably short when compared to the original Hulk.

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family

Is John Romita Jr. doing the art work for this? I used enjoy his art, but is it me, but his art has goine much blockier looking.

Aces&Jacks

Retired Mod

Is John Romita Jr. doing the art work for this? I used enjoy his art, but is it me, but his art has goine much blockier looking.
Yes, John Romita Jr. is one of the artists.

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 89

I enjoyed the first issue. I'm far more of an Avengers fan than an X-Men fan (though as a kid it was the opposite), so I'm hoping they get their mutant asses kicked. BTW, there is a reason the Avengers are known as Earth's mightiest heroes. Just sayin.

S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier

Is the person on the far left Doctor Strange? I wonder what the X-men's answer would be to him. :1orglaugh

I never liked pictures where there are a ton of characters in them at once. They are almost never done well, the detail is rarely there, and you can tell how the artists that do them often rush them (maybe sometimes needing to do so as a necessity).

Aces&Jacks

Retired Mod

Is the person on the far left Doctor Strange? I wonder what the X-men's answer would be to him. :1orglaugh

My guess is that Cyclops, being the master strategist that he is, would have to somehow immediately take care of mystics and any other "game-changers" the X-Men would have to face. Just like Capt. America would have to immediately have to take care of the telapaths and teleporters that would pose a problem for the Avengers.

My guess is that Cyclops, being the master strategist that he is, would have to somehow immediately take care of mystics and any other "game-changers" the X-Men would have to face. Just like Capt. America would have to immediately have to take care of the telapaths and teleporters that would pose a problem for the Avengers.

Now that I think about it that does make me wonder why mutants have nearly all the telapaths in Marvel.

Aces&Jacks

Retired Mod

Avengers 24 (Tie-In)

Shows events prior to the Avengers attacking Utopia. Noh-Varr is in secret communications with the Kree Supreme Intelligence, who informs Noh-Varr that the Phoenix Force is headed to Earth and that he must do everything in his power to stop it.

Attachments

• Avengers24.jpg
    Avengers24.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 73

Aces&Jacks

Retired Mod

Wolverine and the X-Men 09 (Tie-In)

Shows Events prior to the Avengers Attacking Utopia. Capt. America goes to Wolverines school to ask Wolverine for help convincing Cyclops to turn over Hope who everyone believes will be the new host for the Phoenix Force.

Beast is sent on the away team to try and stop the Phoenix Force before it reaches earth.

Gladiator, the Shi'Ar leader gives the order to send the Death Commandos to Earth to eliminate the Phoenix Force's host.

Wolverine will do whatever is necessary to protect his school, including killing Hope (implied).

Attachments

• WolverineX-Men09 .jpg
    WolverineX-Men09 .jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 75

Latest book was good, but I have a hard time believing this is a competitive fight. Colossus going toe to toe with The Hulk? GTFO.

Latest book was good, but I have a hard time believing this is a competitive fight. Colossus going toe to toe with The Hulk? GTFO.

Dito. Even if it is the Red Hulk, there is no fucking way anyone on the X-Men squad is gonna match his strength.

Aces&Jacks

Retired Mod

Avengers vs X-Men 02 of 12

Magneto hurls Cyclops through the helicarrier, where Red Hulk and Cyclops begin to battle. Many of the Avengers fall into the ocean where Sub-Mariner attacks the Thing. Luke Cage then battles Sub-Mariner and an all-out battle begins on the island, starting with Cap and Cyclops.

Emma Frost is sent to insure Hope is protected (using the younger, less experienced X-Men). She is then attacked by Iron Man who renders her unable to use her telepathic abilities, so she battles him in her diamond form. Iron Man is then attacked by Magneto. Quicksilver and a mysterious figure, which appears to be the Scarlet Witch are watching news reports of the melee. He then races to Utopia and attacks his own father, Magneto.

Doctor Strange chases Magik into Limbo to prevent her from creating an escape for Hope. Hope is gaining more power as the Phoenix Force gets closer. Wolverine and Spider-Man infiltrate the area where Hope is being protected. They find that Hope has knocked unconscious everyone in the room that were there to protect her. Wolverine attacks and Hope stops him in his tracks and sets him on fire. The rest of the Avengers and the X-Men come rushing in only to find everyone unconscious, Hope gone, and Wolverine burned to a crisp. In deep space, the other Avengers team come face to face with the Phoenix Force.

Attachments

• AvsX02.jpg
    AvsX02.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 67

Aces&Jacks

Retired Mod

Remember, Colossus has also been given the demonic Juggernaut energies (unstoppable force).

squallumz

i dont know about you guys, but i just cant get into captain america.

he just ruins it for me.

Aces&Jacks

Retired Mod

i dont know about you guys, but i just cant get into captain america.

he just ruins it for me.

Captain America and Cyclops are like two sides of the same coin, but with different motivations. And although I've never been a big Cap fan and I really don't like the current depiction of Cyclops as essentially Magneto with better morals, those two as the main protagonists/antagonist seems to work pretty well in this scenario.

squallumz

he's just a little too patriotic for me. ive never been into the whole usa! usa! thing.

im gonna need to hit up a comics store. its been too long.

Aces&Jacks

Retired Mod

he's just a little too patriotic for me. ive never been into the whole usa! usa! thing.

im gonna need to hit up a comics store. its been too long.
Having "America" in his name doesn't mean he's doing the USA! USA! thing, which is why I assume people may think that's what he's all about. Maybe that was the case in the golden age of Comics when communism was at it's height, but not now. He is however, a man with a highly idealistic set of morals and an overwhelming desire to aid in the defense of his country against any threat, foreign or domestic (quoting part of the military oath). The reason why I've never been a big fan of Captain America is because he's kind of one dimensional. He's Batman without the nifty gadgets or the dark, brooding nature. They are both strategic geniuses and have excellent hand to hand combat skills and agility. But in my mind, both should be completely over-matched by some of the villains with super-powers that they face.