• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Automotive things going-on

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
Oh, this is an ongoing thing with you. Very nice, how many cars left for you to try out? I would find it hard to believe that wouldn't do some form of governing on the speed, and I would bet it's an insurance, or engine warranty thing. They do that to leased road tractors, so you don't tear up the truck, thought being, you don't own it, you won't care if it breaks. I'm also a little surprised Ferrari doesn't make a big stink about it, they are VERY "high faluten" about who even gets to buy one of there cars, and I think you have to have an interview at a dealership before they let you grace their presence. Although I doubt they could say much if you bought it second hand. I think some rapper painted one pink once, or they started wrapping them in those flashy designs, and it sent them over the edge. I saw a picture of a pink hello kitty Testarossa, so I sort of understand their point.

Mr. Daystar

Mr. Daystar

https://autos.yahoo.com/1967-chevy-ii-nova-ss-133000844.html

Oh, this is a very nice looking ride. I love the rims, Craiger SS, or maybe SST, I can't remember, one was a 5 spoke, one was a dish. My first ride was an '86 Ford Ranger S. It hade a 2 liter, carbureted engine, and a 5 spd. It was a little darker blue then the Nova, and to dress it up, in the summer I would put my Craiger's on, reverse rims on the back of course, which I had to put air shocks on, because the fat tires I put on the rear, stuck out past the bed side. I could chirp the tires in first and second, but you couldn't hear it over the stereo I put in it! :D

I was friendly with a guy in high school, who had I think a 1976 Nova. Kind of like this one - but more maroon than bright red. And, he either had air shocks or leaf springs - the rear of the car was "pointed up." He also had two 350ci V-8 engines; one ran on racing fuel.

Nova-1-1976-bright red-unsure.jpg

Mr. Daystar

During the '60's Yenko made a few Nova's, and some Chevelle's. I believe far fewer then Camaro's.

Theopolis Q. Hossenffer

Every Nation Needs a God-Emperor!
Don Yenko started converting Chevrolet Corvairs in his dealership and then later went to Novas and Chevelles(very few Chevelles). The Yenko Corvairs are still around and very popular but expensive. A Place called Clark's Corvairs in I believe Washington state sells replacement and performance parts for all Corvairs. I owned two Corvairs back in the late 60's, a 63 two door Monza with a four speed and also a 64 two door Turbocharged one. I could keep up with a GTO with the 64 until about 40-45 mph.

Mr. Daystar

I remember some investment banker, that got nabbed for Ponzi schemes, or embezzlement, had one of each in his collection, Nova, Chevelle, Camaro, and each one was such an amazingly low mileage car, They were all 6 figure cars, that went to auction, to pay for his fines, etc. I never knew until then, that Yenko did other cars, and started on Corvair's.

Mr. Daystar

$150,000 for the remod 1970 Chevelle?! I could think of MANY other cars I'd buy, for THAT price!!

Mr. Daystar

$150,000 for the remod 1970 Chevelle?! I could think of MANY other cars I'd buy, for THAT price!!
Yeah, me too. But you know how this little dance goes, they get bought by rich fucks, that hoard, and drive up prices. He'll sit on it for a few years, and then it'll turn up at Barrett Jackson. It's the same with the Ferrari's, and the really rare classic American muscle. All they do is park it in a fancy garage, and wait for the price to go up.

Mr. Daystar

Mr. Daystar

Mr. Daystar

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/abandoned-chevy-impala-ss-returning-213000325.html

This car has some potential, AND, it's got a 409ci, those are rare in Impala's, and garner higher prices. I think the 409ci was a truck engine, they used in a pinch, but turned out to be awesome. One of my favorites is the '67 SS Impala Fastback, with a 427ci, but I would sure as hell jump on this, in a second.

Mr. Daystar

Mr. Daystar

Mr. Daystar

Well - that Shelby is now up to $382,500. They are also auctioning off a 2020 Corvette (at $77,500) and a Ferrari F430 (surprisingly, only at $65,500).