• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Atheist (parody)

I believe that the world could be a more peaceful place without them.

A typical atheist owns a big boat, cooks all the time and does not tolerate religious people.

They also do not care about pollution;

If you do not agree with them they fly to you and they always travel in 1st class.

So, in the name of peace, please always agree with the atheist.

Harley Spencer

Official Checked Star Member
Umm... This is ridiculous.

I do not own a big boat, let alone any boat, or even a car or bike. While I can cook and enjoy it, I rarely do so as I love eating takeout. I care about pollution like crazy, you should've seen my rant about littering over on my forum. I've never flown first class, nor purchased my own plane tickets.

Don't stereotype.

Shifty

O.G.
He's referring to Mariah, Harley.

It's the latest of his insightful and hilarious 'parodies' that will no doubt leave people reeling and pondering their own beliefs.

:beatinghead:

Harley Spencer

He's referring to Mariah, Harley.

It's the latest of his insightful and hilarious 'parodies' that will no doubt leave people reeling and questioning their own beliefs.

:beatinghead:

I know he is. But that's no excuse. There's no good reason to judge an entire group of people based off just one person.

I would have taken part in Mariah's thread had there not been a bunch of hate going on in there. I've said many things before along the same lines as she posted, and I know full well that if I did so in that thread, it would not be pretty.

A typical atheist owns a big boat, cooks all the time and does not tolerate religious people.

Rubbish. I've had plenty of religious people try to convince me that Christ died for my sins - on the fucking bus, among other places - and I've never witnessed an atheist give a religious person any hassle about their beliefs either in person or on networks and forums, unless challenged first about their belief, namely their belief that there is no God.

Where do you get this crap?

If you do not agree with them they fly to you and they always travel in 1st class.

I don't know any atheists that travel 1st class, and I know a lot of atheists. Actually, I don't know anybody that travels first class, unless they're on their honeymoon or something. I really don't see what one has to do with the other.

I know you're likely to hide behind "it's parody, not serious" but the point of a parody is usually that it's amusing.

Hey, I get to bust this one out again:

One.JPG

Yay! \o/

I believe that the world could be a more peaceful place without them.

So, in the name of peace, please always agree with the atheist.

One time a man was having a discussion with another man about the existence of God. One of the men was an atheist and told the other man that the universe happened out of nothing and there was a "Big Bang" and now all that see around you came from that and it best explained our existence. The man that believed in a God said that is very interesting and I respect your beliefs now read this poem. The atheist exclaimed Wow! that is the most beautiful poem I have ever read! Did you write that? The believer said.. "While I would like to stake claim to that beautiful poem, I cannot . Yesterday I was sitting at my desk and suddenly my cat jumped up onto the desk and knocked over an ink well onto a piece of paper and the result was this poem" The atheist says "That is bullshit nothing like this just happens! The believer said "you expect me to believe that this world just happened but yet you cannot fathom how this poem came into being?"

Harley Spencer

One time a man was having a discussion with another man about the existence of God. One of the men was an atheist and told the other man that the universe happened out of nothing and there was a "Big Bang" and now all that see around you came from that and it best explained our existence. The man that believed in a God said that is very interesting and I respect your beliefs now read this poem. The atheist exclaimed Wow! that is the most beautiful poem I have ever read! Did you write that? The believer said.. "While I would like to stake claim to that beautiful poem, I cannot . Yesterday I was sitting at my desk and suddenly my cat jumped up onto the desk and knocked over an ink well onto a piece of paper and the result was this poem" The atheist says "That is bullshit nothing like this just happens! The believer said "you expect me to believe that this world just happened but yet you cannot fathom how this poem came into being?"

Nice. I like that.

Shifty

O.G.
I know he is. But that's no excuse. There's no good reason to judge an entire group of people based off just one person.

I would have taken part in Mariah's thread had there not been a bunch of hate going on in there. I've said many things before along the same lines as she posted, and I know full well that if I did so in that thread, it would not be pretty.

I don't believe he's passing judgement though. He doesn't even know what he's saying. Somehow, he sees these confused, disjointed, incoherent reflections as profound.

He adds '(parody)' to the title for no apparent reason.

But he's funny ... the goofy bastard.

I seriously doubt that you would have a discussion on religion where you spewed the kinda of crap that she did trying to intentionally piss people off.

A colleague is an atheist. He has made it clear and I have made it clear that I am a believer. He doesn't try to insult me and I do not insult him.

She has a chip on her shoulder and is always looking for someone to knock it off. All opinions can be voiced without having to endure the kind of things she says to people. There are some that attacked her appearance and I don't agree with that (she's hateful but I still think she is attractive) I just don't see you being that intolerant of other people's views.

Harley Spencer

I seriously doubt that you would have a discussion on religion where you spewed the kinda of crap that she did trying to intentionally piss people off.

A colleague is an atheist. He has made it clear and I have made it clear that I am a believer. He doesn't try to insult me and I do not insult him.

She has a chip on her shoulder and is always looking for someone to knock it off. All opinions can be voiced without having to endure the kind of things she says to people. There are some that attacked her appearance and I don't agree with that (she's hateful but I still think she is attractive) I just don't see you being that intolerant of other people's views.

Well, I did write a similar piece to hers in my journal on my website's forum a while ago. Months ago. I wasn't going around totally bashing people, calling anyone names or insulting anyone, I was just kinda... ranting about my opinions on religion.

Overall, I don't believe in God, I hate it when people who do try to force their opinions of it on me (I've had lots of experience with it, it's kind of insane how many religious people in my life have imposed their beliefs on me with me having done nothing to warrant it), and I highly disagree with the government using religion to shape our laws. But I am also very aware that not all people who believe in God act like that and I've known tons of really cool people who were believers, so I'm not about to insult all of them, and if I meet someone who does believe in God, I don't start insulting them and ranting about their religious views. I keep my thoughts to myself, because I know that arguing about religion pretty much never ends with either person changing their views and converting to the other side, and almost always ends up with both sides having a lot of resentment toward each other. It's a topic best left untouched.
However, in this particular case with this thread, seeing as not believing in God is being judged, which means I am being judged by someone who does, I feel rightfully compelled to fairly touch on the subject. I'll defend my own views, but I don't have any desire to start bashing anyone else's views here.

Well, I did write a similar piece to hers in my journal on my website's forum a while ago. Months ago. I wasn't going around totally bashing people, calling anyone names or insulting anyone, I was just kinda... ranting about my opinions on religion.

Overall, I don't believe in God, I hate it when people who do try to force their opinions of it on me (I've had lots of experience with it, it's kind of insane how many religious people in my life have imposed their beliefs on me with me having done nothing to warrant it), and I highly disagree with the government using religion to shape our laws. But I am also very aware that not all people who believe in God act like that and I've known tons of really cool people who were believers, so I'm not about to insult all of them, and if I meet someone who does believe in God, I don't start insulting them and ranting about their religious views. I keep my thoughts to myself, because I know that arguing about religion pretty much never ends with either person changing their views and converting to the other side, and almost always ends up with both sides having a lot of resentment toward each other. It's a topic best left untouched.
However, in this particular case with this thread, seeing as not believing in God is being judged, which means I am being judged by someone who does, I feel rightfully compelled to fairly touch on the subject. I'll defend my own views, but I don't have any desire to start bashing anyone else's views here.

And all that is fine. Funny thing is, you don't see a thread where believers are espousing their views with that sort of tone from the get go. The thread was started to get a reaction and to thumb her nose at religious people. I gotta tell you if Dirk objects to it it has to suck because he isn't exactly a religious zealot.

The believer said "you expect me to believe that this world just happened but yet you cannot fathom how this poem came into being?"

In the atheist's defense, you're attaching purpose and meaning to something that doesn't necessarily possess it in that little anecdote. A poem is a set thing, established in a set language. Something randomly happening and resulting in a specific result is unlikely. The analogy represented is flawed because it specifically reflects the views of a believer, and breaks down entirely once you remove that veneer and look at it objectively.

Look at it this way, you're aware of the other similar saying? The one about the watch? It goes, more or less, as follows:

Atheism can't be true because it's too far fetched. How could life evolve randomly? It's like taking all of the pieces of a watch, sticking them in a bag, shaking the bag up, and then pouring the contents out on a table and it resulting in a perfectly functional watch! It's just not possible to get that result from random stuff! It's too perfect, so the only answer is intelligent design!

There are a few problems with that, which ultimately make both ideas into terrible analogies.

First, they suggests the predestination of the human species and the world as it exists, which as a notion the atheist rejects. You're putting the pieces of a watch in the bag and looking to get a watch out of it. Or alternately you're taking a well of ink and getting a structured poem in an established language. It also suggests no waste, which means no evolutionary dead ends, no failed species rendered extinct, nothing beyond the desired result. This only makes sense if humanity and the world was destined to exist, and it only ever existed in it's current, "desired" state. If this is the correct result. Really, a more apt analogy would be to suggest putting any number or random parts into a bag, shaking it up, and having anything of interest fall out when it was done, in addition to a bunch of random detritus that wasn't used in the end result. Or having a cat knock over an inkwell and have it result in a pretty splotch that could pass as abstract art.

Second, the other major problem with the idea is that it suggests that the world works. Not just works, but works well. You get a functional watch from the bag, and a beautiful poem from the cat? That suggests that the world is an awesome functional place. It suggests that shit works. That's not true. Species go extinct. People malfunction and get cancer, or have aneurisms, or are still born, or any other number of defects. The world ravages itself with natural disasters and coldly kills us with them. Sol is slowly breaking down and heading toward going nova. The entire world is barely functional, and often nonfunctional. It's barely contained entropy. We are all messy, imperfect things in a messy, imperfect world. So the proper analogy for the cat would instead be getting an ink spill that looks vaguely like a few letters, but doesn't actually spell anything out in any sort of coherent fashion, and with the watch that aforementioned random thing of interest that falls out of the bag? Well, all of those loosely connected parts would fall away from each other if you breathed on it heavily.

So yeah, bad analogy. I'm an agnostic. I don't think about whether there is or isn't a God much. I don't care much either way, as I'm quite happy sitting on my fence, but the analogy is deeply flawed regardless.

Harley Spencer

And all that is fine. Funny thing is, you don't see a thread where believers are espousing their views with that sort of tone from the get go. The thread was started to get a reaction and to thumb her nose at religious people. I gotta tell you if Dirk objects to it it has to suck because he isn't exactly a religious zealot.

Yeah I know, I see everyone's point in that matter. That thread being started and the way it was written is no different than the people who believe in God who go around preaching about their beliefs unsolicited, screaming down people's throats about it, etc. It's no different. However, that being said, it's not to say that I don't agree with her at all for talking about it. When you live your life being judged and insulted and whatnot by people who oppose your religious views, it makes you want to lash out at them, so I do sympathize with her and don't completely disagree with her about wanting to talk about it. In general, you don't see many atheists going around bitching to Christians, Catholics, etc. about how much they hate their religions, but you do witness it the other way around, so of course there's going to be a ton of frustration there. I think she's perfectly within her rights to express her opinion about it, but.... I wouldn't have said some of the things she said.

In the atheist's defense, you're attaching purpose and meaning to something that doesn't necessarily possess it in that little anecdote. A poem is a set thing, established in a set language. Something randomly happening and resulting in a specific result is unlikely. The analogy represented is flawed because it specifically reflects the views of a believer, and breaks down entirely once you remove that veneer and look at it objectively.

Look at it this way, you're aware of the other similar saying? The one about the watch? It goes, more or less, as follows:

Atheism can't be true because it's too far fetched. How could life evolve randomly? It's like taking all of the pieces of a watch, sticking them in a bag, shaking the bag up, and then pouring the contents out on a table and it resulting in a perfectly functional watch! It's just not possible to get that result from random stuff! It's too perfect, so the only answer is intelligent design!

There are a few problems with that, which ultimately make both ideas into terrible analogies.

First, they suggests the predestination of the human species and the world as it exists, which as a notion the atheist rejects. You're putting the pieces of a watch in the bag and looking to get a watch out of it. Or alternately you're taking a well of ink and getting a structured poem in an established language. It also suggests no waste, which means no evolutionary dead ends, no failed species rendered extinct, nothing beyond the desired result. This only makes sense if humanity and the world was destined to exist, and it only ever existed in it's current, "desired" state. If this is the correct result. Really, a more apt analogy would be to suggest putting any number or random parts into a bag, shaking it up, and having anything of interest fall out when it was done, in addition to a bunch of random detritus that wasn't used in the end result. Or having a cat knock over an inkwell and have it result in a pretty splotch that could pass as abstract art.

Second, the other major problem with the idea is that it suggests that the world works. Not just works, but works well. You get a functional watch from the bag, and a beautiful poem from the cat? That suggests that the world is an awesome functional place. It suggests that shit works. That's not true. Species go extinct. People malfunction and get cancer, or have aneurisms, or are still born, or any other number of defects. The world ravages itself with natural disasters and coldly kills us with them. Sol is slowly breaking down and heading toward going nova. The entire world is barely functional, and often nonfunctional. It's barely contained entropy. We are all messy, imperfect things in a messy, imperfect world. So the proper analogy for the cat would instead be getting an ink spill that looks vaguely like a few letters, but doesn't actually spell anything out in any sort of coherent fashion, and with the watch that aforementioned random thing of interest that falls out of the bag? Well, all of those loosely connected parts would fall away from each other if you breathed on it heavily.

So yeah, bad analogy. I'm an agnostic. I don't think about whether there is or isn't a God much. I don't care much either way, as I'm quite happy sitting on my fence, but the analogy is deeply flawed regardless.

Very good and well thought out.

Apply that to your disbelief in the G-spot and you will really be onto something.

BTW stop trying to be a hippie.

Yeah I know, I see everyone's point in that matter. That thread being started and the way it was written is no different than the people who believe in God who go around preaching about their beliefs unsolicited, screaming down people's throats about it, etc. It's no different. However, that being said, it's not to say that I don't agree with her at all for talking about it. When you live your life being judged and insulted and whatnot by people who oppose your religious views, it makes you want to lash out at them, so I do sympathize with her and don't completely disagree with her about wanting to talk about it. In general, you don't see many atheists going around bitching to Christians, Catholics, etc. about how much they hate their religions, but you do witness it the other way around, so of course there's going to be a ton of frustration there. I think she's perfectly within her rights to express her opinion about it, but.... I wouldn't have said some of the things she said.
"
She wants a fight, she should join a conservative board and have at it. A lot of us here that believe in God shy away from the discussion for the most part because it is a conflicting view to hold on such a forum as this. The only reason I reacted is because of the manner she states her views. "You are all idiots" "God is a fairytale approach"

Belief in God transcends all educational classes and socio-economic classes. Belief or disbelief does not indicate intelligence. I was fortunate enough in my life to receive a good education that resulted in a career that I enjoy. I take issue with someone that admittedly only has an 8th grade education calling us idiots just because we believe in something that she doesn't.

I would imagine if that she was being persecuted that much for her former career she wouldn't advertise who she is all over town.

JaanaRuutu

My dad used to own a johnboat that my mom would always call a John boy because she watched the Waltons a lot.
oh and we're all atheists.

Very good and well thought out.

I'm occasionally thoughtful, but I don't like to make a habit of it... ;)

Apply that to your disbelief in the G-spot and you will really be onto something.

Wait... who's disbelief in the G-spot? :confused:

BTW stop trying to be a hippie.

I don't think I could be a hippie. They're all about peace and love like that Jesus guy. I got nuthin' against the man, never met him myself, but I'm not really buddy/buddy with his dad, and I hear that kind of thing is pretty important to him. :dunno:

Hey! The G-Spot exists! I have one. I'm tellin you, I do. It's there. I promise. Wanna feel it for yourself?

And... yes. :D