• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Are you going to watch the world cup soccer?

Will you watch it?

• Yes ofcourse

Votes: 44 58.7%
  • No thanks I hate soccer

Votes: 13 17.3%
  • Not sure yet, maybe some games

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • Whats soccer?

Votes: 6 8.0%

• Total voters
Look at my location, here is nothing else than football. In my hometown are 4 games, so I´ll look on live.

********** said:
I don't wish injury on anyone.

Ah c'mon, quit trying to be so benevolent! I want to see the whole portugal team get broken metatarsals, after Paulo Ferreira did Rooney in, especially Cristiano Ronaldo, the little ponce. And you can never complain when people are kicking the dirty Argies/Germans.... :tongue:

And Fox, who don't you want to win? Blimey, talk about hedging your bets...

Kinda like Milan vs Liverpool to you, fox. I wish for you to have the terrible decision of having to choose one of 2 favorite teams.

Personally, I'm rooting for Italy, Ivory Coast, Argentina, Holland and Czech Republic.

teams I hope won't win are Brazil, England (sorry), Iran and Saudi Arabia.

If you noticed, all of the teams I'm cheering for are in 2 groups so unfortunately most of my favorites will be eliminated pretty early.

Why don't you two just say your supporting all 32 teams, it would be easier:1orglaugh

I'll support England of course, but think Brazil will win it. I do have a soft spot for Sweden though (why is that again.... Oh yeah I've got them in the sweepstake at work and they could win me money:rofl: )

********** said:
I have the absolute same problem with the Ivory-Holland-Argentina combination. Argentina would have been one of my faves, especially if they play Tevez and Messi, and Milito at the back, and Aimar... some of the best players alive... yet, I have to root for only two teams in that group. So sad.

What's more, I'm a big Iran fan and I like Mexico and esp. Portugal, and the winners of those two groups face each other in the QFs. Meanwhile France, Spain, Ukraine, maybe Switzerland or Korea... two of them will go to the Quarter Finals...

It's okay not to like England, Iran, Saudi... I can completely understand why you wouldn't, and if I wasn't from two of those places I might dislike all three of them. I hate America's government but I still like their team, though. And for what it's worth, the Iranian team is very opposed to the Iranian regime. In fact, when the Iranian premier visited Azadi (the 100,000 cauldron in Teheran) for one of the qualifiers, the entire crowd buzzed and hissed and booed him. It was very embarrassing. Iranians do not love their leader or his actions by any stretch of the imagination. Football is one of the sole methods of dissidence! That makes me want my Melli (that's what we call the Iranian national team) to do even more well...

So Calm, you have to pick between Ivory, Argentina and Holland... only 2 can make it... which 2? And who to win the trophy overall, if you could choose?

You should sign up for the cool predictions game I'm doing. It's free. It tells you how to do it further up the "world cup 2006" thread.

Friday is now only THREE DAYS AWAY!!!

C'mon Deutschland!!! How depressing will the Poland Ecuador game be, for me, if Germany has already suffered a home loss. Poor lads.

If you asked me a week ago I'd say Holland and Ivory Coast but now I'd rather see Argentina and Ivory Coast. The reason is I was following the Europe Championships for Under 21 from Portugal (who Holland won) and I've seen A WHOLE lot of Holland lately and I'm sick of seeing that orange shirt (although they used they were orange for only 3 of 5 matches).
On a side note, some Dutch and Ukrainian players, such as Huntelaar, Castelen, Hofs, Aliev, Milvescky and Fomin REALLY impressed me.

Can you link me to the predictions game? I love that stuff although I always get it wrong because I folow my heart and vote for the teams I hope will win rather than the teams I think will win.

thesafestplace said:
Ah c'mon, quit trying to be so benevolent! I want to see the whole portugal team get broken metatarsals, after Paulo Ferreira did Rooney in, especially Cristiano Ronaldo, the little ponce. And you can never complain when people are kicking the dirty Argies/Germans.... :tongue:

Glad to see your not bitter. It wasa fair tackle on Rooney. I was wondering why a lot of peole want England to do so poorly then I read your post. Suppose you agree with Ian Wright about diving. "If they do it to us, we might as well do it to them" then you'll be the first to complain if you get eliminated by a dodgy decision.

And before you say it, yes my country isn't there because we were crap in qualifying. We are not a good side who don't have any world class players. However at least we have the only championship coming back the U.K. this year. Scotland Kirin Cup Winners 2006. Add that to the 1986 Rous cup where we beat England in the final and that makes 2 trophys in the last 20 years for us. Holand came second in the 1978 World Cup and we beat them so surely that means we won that World Cup.

The person who asked about favourite World Cup mine was 1990 becaus eit was the 1st that I have any memories from. Mind watching the final and the English Semi.

However in seriousness I would swap the Kirin Cup to be going to the World Cup. I also believe that we hold a World Cup record - the only country to be eliminated form the group stage without losing a game.

********** said:
Now I'd like all of you that like Fantasy Football games to join this one, too. It's free, and the winner gets $1000. You don't have to make your predictions until June 9th, but register now. Once you're registered, search for "mini leagues" and search for the ******* mini-league and join, so you can compete directly with me and my friends and family. It doesn't decrease or increase your chances of winning the whole thing.

Make your picks at:
www.fantasyfacup.com/worldcup
(mini league *******)

If you join the Channel 4 competition, also join my friends league which is called ******* as well. The pin number you need for it is 3824

Sincerely
Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunsty
If anyone is interested..

Channel four (uk) are running a free fantasy world cup game...
http://channel4.fantasyleague.com

Join up for both of them, lads :)

Roger, done. :thumbsup:

********** said:
Now I'd like all of you that like Fantasy Football games to join this one, too. It's free, and the winner gets $1000. You don't have to make your predictions until June 9th, but register now. Once you're registered, search for "mini leagues" and search for the ******* mini-league and join, so you can compete directly with me and my friends and family. It doesn't decrease or increase your chances of winning the whole thing.

Make your picks at:
www.fantasyfacup.com/worldcup
(mini league *******)

If you join the Channel 4 competition, also join my friends league which is called ******* as well. The pin number you need for it is 3824

Sincerely
Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunsty
If anyone is interested..

Channel four (uk) are running a free fantasy world cup game...
http://channel4.fantasyleague.com

Join up for both of them, lads :)

I'm in for both of them.

jumbo_jim said:
Glad to see your not bitter. It was a fair tackle on Rooney. I was wondering why a lot of people want England to do so poorly then I read your post. Suppose you agree with Ian Wright about diving. "If they do it to us, we might as well do it to them" then you'll be the first to complain if you get eliminated by a dodgy decision.

I do detest it when football players dive, and I hope that I don't see any of our players doing it at the finals, even if the opposition are. What I will say however, is that Ian Wright is a living legend, and is completely infallible. FACT.

Of course I am bitter at Ferreira/Portugal for injuring our best player, it becomes irrelevant that he was tackled perfectly fairly... Any true fan is bitter about bad stuff that happens to their team, it doesn't matter how irrational that belief is. For instance Eboué was hacked in the CL final and Lehmann was treated unfairly ;)

I was unaware of any massive public opinion against England, although I suppose it would be a story that they'd feed to the Scots to appease the fact they failed to qualify :tongue:. Have you bought your Trinidad & Tobago shirt yet? :rofl:
If indeed there is animosity towards England, then I doubt it comes as a result of people bitter at Rooney getting injured. Far more likely to be the cause is the fact that our fans have a (deserved) reputation for getting drunk and violent (as in Charleroi at euro 2000). It could even be something external like us trying to get Iran booted from the Cup for political reasons, or the unpopularity the war on terror in Afghanistan/Iraq has garnered.

And come on, it isn't bitterness in me that makes seeing the Argies and Krauts get kicked, it just evokes such joy when I see at happen. See look at Boris giving the Boche some stick. Truly priceless.

jumbo_jim said:
so surely that means we won that World Cup

Hehehe, see we're all delusional!

I joined your not-so-mini-with-over-100-people league Fox. I'll come bottom, I am shit at predicting scores. :thumbsup:

I will actually be supporting Holland at the finals as I am going to put money on them. If I were to support any of the teams in England's group then it would be England as I have a lot of English friends. I will also repeat something I said in another thread I hope Englandget to the Quarter's or even the Semi's as they are a good side. Hope Trinidad get well and truly stuffed as they are filled with players from my rival teams (Jason Scotland, Kelvin Jack, Marvin Andrews, Russel Latapy, Colin Samuel to name a few).

The World Cup winners comment was not meant to be taken seriously.

Ian Wright living legend - No. He was a world class goalscorer but not good enough to be considered a legend.

England are not a 1 man team and even before Rooney got injured I stated Joe Cole would be England's best player and I still think that is the case.

The animosity I was reffering to was you going on about others getting injured because a player did his job and stopped Rooney scoring. As well as th ecomment about kicking the Argies/Germans. Most English share this view and are view as being very bitter in defeat. Examples are Ian Wright refusing to do post match analysis after Northern Ireland beat them 1-0.
Also the treatment dished out to Urs Meyer after Euro 2004 when he correctly ruled Ricardo had been impeded. The only problem with that incidedent was the linesman not noticing John Terry was offside when the header was put onto th ebar then became active before another player touched the ball.

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

I think i want th US to win if not then im pullin for Switzerland as my underdog team

The World Cup in my own country! Not watching it would be a sin, I tells ya!
Go, Germany!
icon_laola_2.gif

:hatsoff: Jackson

********** said:
I don't blame Paulo F. for that. I blame that old bastard Ferguson. He's brilliant, but he's a brilliant bastard. You're 3-0 down, Chelsea have won the league, and Rooney's going to be the star of the world cup. But you don't care. You know he'll go all out and try and fight in vain for a consolation goal. But you leave him out there. You don't care.

And then once he's hurt you do everything in your power to stop Rooney going to the world cup... but he's going, and he's playing, and Ferguson can piss off. If he costs Rooney his world cup place, I'll never forgive the bastard.

He was never as good a manager as Dalglish anyway. Never.

Fox

Why take Rooney off in that game. He along with Ronaldo where the only United players to be doing anything of note. Without those two it could have been a lot more embarrasing.

He is looking out for Man United which is his job. If Rooney goes to the World Cup not fully fit he might do more damage meaning he may miss the start of next season. Surely if Rooney isn't fit you would rather have a player who could actually play in a match there incase someone else gets injured. Also I read in an interview with Bryan robson that if Rooney damages the pin he has put in the foot then it could end his career. Surely you don't want that to happen as the lad has the ability to be one of the greatest of all time.

Not as good a manager as Dalglish. What is that based on? Both have won titles in England where they both had some money. Where as when managing in Scotland Dalglish flopped big time at Celtic where he had a lot of money to spend. Yet Ferguson with no money won the Scottish league with a non old firm club. Something which hasn't been done since. He also achieved success in Europe by winning 2 trophy's. No Scottish had at that time achieved more than one victory in Europe, nor have any since. He has also brought many young stars through the youth ranks at both Aberdeen and Man United - making sure none of them got to big for there boots.

I will go for England to win it.-That may never happen,but ALL THE GAMES are on television here in the U.S. on ESPN,ESPN2,or ABC.---Football interest is taking a life on here in the United States.It will be a lot better if We Americans can do well,but the "culture" is already here.I am nearly 30 years old and played "Soccer"/Football in school and the Kids are into it at a younger and younger age here.I just hope the European Fans behave.--I have seen so much of their racist and hooligan antics---The World Cup should not only bring the Players together,but also the Fans.--I am looking foreward to the Games.------:nanner:

Roald said:
I know soccer/football isn't as popular in the US as in a lot of other countries so thats why I was wondering, are you going to watch it? And if yes wich team will you support?

If not, why not?

:glugglug:
It is more popular in the U.S. than You think.I love football/soccer...............We have to kill that..football/soccer---I think Football and American Football ---

It is really confusing. Try this on for size...

Why don't you call our football, your soccer? And we'll call your football, our soccer? That way we'll have our football, yet your soccer. And you'll have our soccer, yet your football. :rolleyes: :D :1orglaugh

********** said:
What about David Moyes, who I used to respect and love, coming out now and slamming Guus Hiddink for taking Tim Cahill to the World Cup when he's still a bit injured? The World Cup shouldn't be about money and club's interests... but Ferguson is just one of a hundred coaches who only cares about his club and his interests, so why single him out? I only blame him because I think his decisions partially led to Rooney's injury, and now he's trying to keep Wayne out of the World Cup. I think they should let Rooney decide. No-one owns him. He's a grown lad. I know what Rooney will say: broken bone or not, I'm playing. That's our Wayne.

Fox

What about what's best for each player. If they go an aggravate an injury it may cause serious injury and will force the player to miss a lot of football. It may ultimately spoil a players career. Take Ronaldo in the World Cup final in 1998. He has never fully recovered form not performing to his best in the final after playing whilst injured.

kungfudude said:
It is really confusing. Try this on for size...

Why don't you call our football, your soccer? And we'll call your football, our soccer? That way we'll have our football, yet your soccer. And you'll have our soccer, yet your football. :rolleyes: :D :1orglaugh

Erm you forgot Rugby Football there too KFD, what do we call that :rofl: