• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Any UFC fans present?

Machida vs Rampage has been comfirmed. That will be a great fight. Rampage is a smart fighter, and if anybody can figure out how to get to Machida, it will be him.

Oito

Banned
Lyoto Machida

• Absorbs fewer strikes than any fighter in UFC history
• Second-most accurate striker in UFC
• Has never lost a round in the UFC

Here’s the deal: Going by stats alone, Machida is the best fighter in UFC. Here’s what he has going for him:

He absorbs fewer strikes than any fighter in UFC history (with a minimum of five fights). The best way to measure this is number of strikes taken per minute of fighting. Machida has spent about 74 minutes in the Octagon and has taken only 43 heavy strikes over that time. That works out to about 0.58 strikes per minute. That’s less than half what an average fighter takes and much better than even the most dominant fighters. The next closest fighter is Anderson Silva, whose total is 0.73 strikes per minute. Machida is 20% better than the second best.

He’s the second most accurate striker in the UFC (for fighters with at least 300 strike attempts) with a 65% hit rate, compared to the fighter average of 35%. The only one above him is Anderson Silva.

He has the second highest takedown success rate (among fighters with at least 10 attempts) with 82%. The only fighter above him is Gray Maynard.

His takedown defense rate is 84%. This puts him in the same class as Georges St. Pierre among the top takedown defenders in the game.

He has not lost a single round on a single judge’s scorecard since coming to the UFC. He has only won by scores of 30-27. You have to go back more than two years to find a round in which a judge said he lost. In his WFA fight against Vernon White, one of the judges called the bout 29-28. The other two still called it 30-27.

He has never been knocked down. His career striking total stands at 345-105. The closest anyone’s ever come to matching him is BJ Penn, which speaks more to Penn’s abilities than anything else. And while Machida did absorb those 105 strikes, he has still never been knocked down.

Lyoto Machida

• Absorbs fewer strikes than any fighter in UFC history
• Second-most accurate striker in UFC
• Has never lost a round in the UFC

Here’s the deal: Going by stats alone, Machida is the best fighter in UFC. Here’s what he has going for him:

He absorbs fewer strikes than any fighter in UFC history (with a minimum of five fights). The best way to measure this is number of strikes taken per minute of fighting. Machida has spent about 74 minutes in the Octagon and has taken only 43 heavy strikes over that time. That works out to about 0.58 strikes per minute. That’s less than half what an average fighter takes and much better than even the most dominant fighters. The next closest fighter is Anderson Silva, whose total is 0.73 strikes per minute. Machida is 20% better than the second best.

He’s the second most accurate striker in the UFC (for fighters with at least 300 strike attempts) with a 65% hit rate, compared to the fighter average of 35%. The only one above him is Anderson Silva.

He has the second highest takedown success rate (among fighters with at least 10 attempts) with 82%. The only fighter above him is Gray Maynard.

His takedown defense rate is 84%. This puts him in the same class as Georges St. Pierre among the top takedown defenders in the game.

He has not lost a single round on a single judge’s scorecard since coming to the UFC. He has only won by scores of 30-27. You have to go back more than two years to find a round in which a judge said he lost. In his WFA fight against Vernon White, one of the judges called the bout 29-28. The other two still called it 30-27.

He has never been knocked down. His career striking total stands at 345-105. The closest anyone’s ever come to matching him is BJ Penn, which speaks more to Penn’s abilities than anything else. And while Machida did absorb those 105 strikes, he has still never been knocked down.

Good analysis. I knew he was good, but didn't realize he has never lost a round.

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
They are planning to get that shit going in Germany, too.

Man, I hate that shit!

Boxing is fine, Wrestling is a bit like cartoon characters doing fighting in life-size (performing that stuff life is not that easy as it looks sometimes), and Kick-Boxing is okay, to..

That ultimae fighting is about guys really fucking each other up like the gladiators back in ancient Rome.

We should have left that stuff behind

i didn't recognize Evans in this fight. he looked like he was fighting off his back foot from the start. I can't say he was intimidated, but this wasn't the brash Evans we had seen before. That said, Machida, despite being significantly smaller (I know, same weight, but...) was the aggressor and dominated. It was never a question of if he was going to win, but when. He punished Evans.

I have watched Evans fight 3 other times before I saw him get canned by Machida. He always fights on his back foot. He fought like this against Tito(and honestly lost that one), He fought like this against Ice Man Liddell(non agressive and waited for a opening for a KO), and he fought like this versus Forrest (caught the kick and took Forrest down). He has been a passive fighter and this time it came to haunt him.

I sure hope "Rampage" is the 1 to solve the "the Dragons" style cuz Jackson is my definitely 1 of my FAVE UFC fighters. :hatsoff:

It will be a fun fight to watch but I don't think Rampage stands a chance. I think Machida will tear him a new one like he did Evans. Only one I see that can hang with Machida is Anderson Silva and GSP. GSP would have to move up and Machida down but I don't think right now GSP has the answer. It will take someone with strong Muay Thai or Karate to trade with him and one that can fight on the ground if needed. That description sounds like an Anderson Silva description. Then again I would like to see how a Dan Henderson matches up to Machida.

anybody see Brock Larson fight? He is a pretty impressive fighter in his own right.

UFC 99 is going to be OK, but I can't wait until UFC 100! Mir versus Lesner, talking about thunder rolling.

feller469

Moving to a trailer in Fife, AL.
In those other fights, Evans attacked once in a while. Vs. Machida, Evans backpedalled the whole time. I think he lost that fight before he go in the ring.

I like Rampage, but I think his fans overrate him. He is good, but not great. Maybe he has been dealing with injuries the last few fights, but I don't see the little extra to put him in the rarified air of greatness.

Machida and Anderson Silva at 205 down the road maybe?

Rampage has a better chin, but he's horrible going forward and closing the distance is really the main problem against Machida. Forrest's leg kicks had him limping in 3 rounds, Machida's are going to dismember him. He's going to get out pointed. In this case the MMAth is correct. Machida > Evans > Forrest > Rampage.

Plus he trains at Wolfslair.

Machida vs Silva will prolly never happen, and if it did, according to their managers, it will cost over $100 million... which Dana won't pay.

Rampage is the hardest hitter in the UFC, and if he connects with Machida it's curtains. But that won't happen, Machida will be the champ for awhile.

15fwewej

my man sugar

Oito

Banned
It will be a fun fight to watch but I don't think Rampage stands a chance. I think Machida will tear him a new one like he did Evans. Only one I see that can hang with Machida is Anderson Silva and GSP. GSP would have to move up and Machida down but I don't think right now GSP has the answer. It will take someone with strong Muay Thai or Karate to trade with him and one that can fight on the ground if needed. That description sounds like an Anderson Silva description. Then again I would like to see how a Dan Henderson matches up to Machida.

In those other fights, Evans attacked once in a while. Vs. Machida, Evans backpedalled the whole time. I think he lost that fight before he go in the ring.

I like Rampage, but I think his fans overrate him. He is good, but not great. Maybe he has been dealing with injuries the last few fights, but I don't see the little extra to put him in the rarified air of greatness.

Machida and Anderson Silva at 205 down the road maybe?

GSP vs Machida will never happen... too much difference in weight...
Silva vs Machida could be very boring with two counter strikers in the ring

I think that the rampage fight could be fun but i agree that he will have trouble closing the distance just like everyone else does... I think you need somone with a really hard chin who can take Machida down... Hendo (Dan Henderson) is a good option