• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

any horror movie fans here ?

The Shining
House of 1000 Corpses/The Devil's Rejects
Poltergeist 1-3
Evil Dead 1-2
Halloween
Friday the 13th
Nightmare on Elm Street
Texas Chainsaw Massacre

but the most terrifying movie I've ever seen was a thai movie called "Shutter", I know there's an american version but it sucked bad, really.

Good taste :thumbsup: I own them all on dvd (including Japanese Shutter) with the exception of the Poltergeist series. And yes, American Shutter = crap.

Dude i love horror movies can't wait for halloween 2 Rob did a great job on halloween.

I liked Rob's other movies, but I thought Halloween was a disappointment. I guess mostly because of the goofy kid he got to play young Michael....the whole beginning just seemed...well...goofy. The only part of the whole movie that I liked was when Danielle Harris (who was in Halloween 4 and 5) got topless (damn she's hot now). The only way I'll watch part 2 is if she gets topless again...but that probably won't happen since they killed her off.

1. Misery
2. A Clockwork Orange
3. The Cube
4. Thinner
5. Scream

I have a feeling not all of these are classified as horror movies. But it's my list.

The Cube is badass.

LOL. Yes, contradictory and hypocrite are my two middle names. Maybe I was just bored at the beginning, I don't know.

busenbust, do you mean the American ending or the UK ending?

squallumz, I am sick and tired of zombie movies!

They should release a new zombie movie every week. It should be a law :D

My absolute favorite horror movie would have to be George Romero's Day of the Dead (the original....again, like 90% of the time the remake is trash).

Some of my other favorites: Eyes of a Stranger, Black Christmas (original...which I believe inspired Halloween), Night of the Demons (I hear they made a remake....................great), 28 Days Later, Hellraiser, Nightmare On Elm Street (of course), Friday the 13th part 3, Child's Play, Shock Waves, Return of the Living Dead, Night of the Living Dead (remake....part of that 10%), Wolf Creek.

Lately I've been getting into Italian horror and have bought some Dario Argento movies. So far my favorite is Trauma. I have Suspiria but I haven't watched it yet.

Absolutely. :thumbsup:

I like the whole genre and all it's subgenres (splatter, slasher,...) and the "mixed genre films" (for esample "horror-thrillers").
I couldn't pick a favorite movie, though. There are so many great films. Whether it's the "classics" (like Alien, Evil Dead, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Hellraiser, Braindead, Halloween, Friday 13th, Dawn of the Dead or Nightmare on Elm Street) or some more recent movies like 30 Days of Night, Pulse, 28 Days Later, Land of the Dead, House of Thousand Corpses, The Devil's Rejects or the remake of The Hills Have Eyes) or some of the great movies that came in between (like Bram Stoker's Dracula or The Silence of the Lambs)
I also like the ones that take a more fun approach like Critters, Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon or Faculty.

I love TCM The Beginning. To me, it's probably one of the best films I've ever seen, because I loved the original TCM and always wanted to know the story that shows how it got to this (the events in the original TCM), I "craved" a prequel so to speak. And when they finally made the prequel, it was so well shot, the atmosphere was great, the special effects were phenomenal, I fell in love instantly. :D
Same thing goes for the Dawn of the Dead remake by Snyder. This movie is the most realistic depiction of what would happen if zombies really came into existence I've ever seen. You can watch the whole movie and actually forget that you're watching a horror movie, it's so realistic.

Is that so? I haven't got round to rating zombie movies by levels of authenticity yet but I'll be sure to take your research on board.

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
And yes, Twilight was total junk. A vampire that glitters when he's hit by the sunlight? Talk about homo.

aaaaaaahahahaha i know! what a stupid fucking highschool movie that was. i couldnt even make it through it. unfortunately, everyone i know liked it. im like are you serious?! gay gay gay.

J. [B][URL="https://www.freeones.com/friday said:
Friday[/URL][/B], post: 3305958, member: 137537"]LOL. Yes, contradictory and hypocrite are my two middle names. Maybe I was just bored at the beginning, I don't know.

busenbust, do you mean the American ending or the UK ending?

Friday: I didn't even know there was a UK and USA ending:confused: Enlighten me:)

redpaint

Closed Account
I watched sleepy hollow again last night pretty good show kinda surprised no one has really done anything with the headless horse man since then.

The Shining is a great movie , the whole atmosphere of that big cold hotel up in the mountains of Colorado during wintertime is just genius....

A Nightmare On Elm Street is great too , it isn't just some slasher movie it's really bout a story and you never know if they fall asleep and having a nightmare or not!

The Ring is a tremendous movie as well!

American Psycho is not really a horror movie, but he kills people with an axe , chainsaw etc. and the dialogues in this movie are awesome!

redpaint

Closed Account
American Psycho is not really a horror movie, but he kills people with an axe , chainsaw etc. and the dialogues in this movie are awesome!

Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where, uh, Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touchwas the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deepis the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as, uh, anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your asshole. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonightand, uh, Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.

And I really love some of the Boris Karloff/Vincent Price vintage movies :)

J. Friday

Banned
Friday: I didn't even know there was a UK and USA ending:confused: Enlighten me:)
This is from wikipedia:

-----------------------------
Juno climbs out of the chasm and is helped onto a ledge by Sarah. Sarah asks Juno if she saw Beth die, and Juno nods. The two cautiously make their way through passages until they encounter a group of crawlers and defeat them. Sarah then faces Juno, and reveals that she has Juno’s pendant. Then Sarah swings the pickaxe at Juno. Juno makes no effort to avoid Sarah’s attack and is impaled through the leg. Juno pulls the pickaxe free and turns to face a large group of crawlers. As Sarah flees, she hears Juno’s screams, which abruptly fall silent. Sarah falls down a hole and is knocked unconscious. Sarah awakens, scrambles up a huge pile of bones towards daylight, squeezes through a narrow opening onto the surface, runs to her vehicle and speeds off. Suddenly, Sarah sees Juno sitting next to her, her face streaked with blood. Sarah screams and awakens to find herself still in the cavern. She sees her smiling daughter close by and a birthday cake between them. The field of view widens to reveal that Sarah is hallucinating. The calls of the crawlers grow louder, but Sarah is oblivious.

------------------------------

Here's some other stuff about the American ending (also from wikipedia):

---------------------------------

The Descent was released in North America with approximately a minute cut from the end. Sarah escapes from the cave and sees Juno, but the film does not cut back to the cave.

In the August 4, 2006 issue of Entertainment Weekly, it was stated that the ending was trimmed because American viewers didn't like its "uber-hopeless finale". Lionsgate marketing chief Tim Palen said, "It's a visceral ride, and by the time you get to the ending you're drained. [Director Neil] Marshall had a number of endings in mind when he shot the film, so he was open [to making a switch]." Marshall compared the change to the ending of The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, saying, "Just because she gets away, does that make it a happy ending?"

The North American Unrated DVD includes the original ending. Recently, the film has been airing on Canada's The Movie Network, which has the original ending.

So it looks like the American version ends with her escaping in the car, while the UK version ends with Sara still in the cave. I'm assuming you watched the American version. The UK version was better. I can't wait for the Descent 2 to come out. They've already got the trailers on youtube.

If you liked American Psycho the movie but didn't read the book, read it now! The book is 1000X better than the movie, as is usually the case.

There's a fine line between "horror" and "gore." Throwing "shock value" into a movie doesn't make up for poor acting and a terrible plot. Rob Zombie is notorious for that shit. So are the Saw movies. Absolutely dreadful. When I was growing up, it was more about what they DIDN'T show, so that your mind could wander and think "what the fuck is going on?" Ever seen the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre? When they find the fucking tooth on the front porch? Horrifying.

Watching "Drag Me To Hell" tonight.

This is from wikipedia:

-----------------------------
Juno climbs out of the chasm and is helped onto a ledge by Sarah. Sarah asks Juno if she saw Beth die, and Juno nods. The two cautiously make their way through passages until they encounter a group of crawlers and defeat them. Sarah then faces Juno, and reveals that she has Juno’s pendant. Then Sarah swings the pickaxe at Juno. Juno makes no effort to avoid Sarah’s attack and is impaled through the leg. Juno pulls the pickaxe free and turns to face a large group of crawlers. As Sarah flees, she hears Juno’s screams, which abruptly fall silent. Sarah falls down a hole and is knocked unconscious. Sarah awakens, scrambles up a huge pile of bones towards daylight, squeezes through a narrow opening onto the surface, runs to her vehicle and speeds off. Suddenly, Sarah sees Juno sitting next to her, her face streaked with blood. Sarah screams and awakens to find herself still in the cavern. She sees her smiling daughter close by and a birthday cake between them. The field of view widens to reveal that Sarah is hallucinating. The calls of the crawlers grow louder, but Sarah is oblivious.

------------------------------

Here's some other stuff about the American ending (also from wikipedia):

The Descent was released in North America with approximately a minute cut from the end. Sarah escapes from the cave and sees Juno, but the film does not cut back to the cave.

In the August 4, 2006 issue of Entertainment Weekly, it was stated that the ending was trimmed because American viewers didn't like its "uber-hopeless finale". Lionsgate marketing chief Tim Palen said, "It's a visceral ride, and by the time you get to the ending you're drained. [Director Neil] Marshall had a number of endings in mind when he shot the film, so he was open [to making a switch]." Marshall compared the change to the ending of The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, saying, "Just because she gets away, does that make it a happy ending?"

The North American Unrated DVD includes the original ending. Recently, the film has been airing on Canada's The Movie Network, which has the original ending.

So it looks like the American version ends with her escaping in the car, while the UK version ends with Sara still in the cave. I'm assuming you watched the American version. The UK version was better. I can't wait for the Descent 2 to come out. They've already got the trailers on youtube.

:hatsoff:thanks for that

Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where, uh, Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touchwas the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deepis the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as, uh, anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your asshole. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonightand, uh, Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.

I have to go return some movies :1orglaugh

METAL HEAD

Closed Account
horror moives should have shock value always but not shitty acting. sometimes the shock value saves it from the shitty acting.