• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

any horror movie fans here ?

Patrick_S

persona non grata
Some alltime favourites:

Suspiria
Alien
The Beyond
The Evil Dead
Psycho
Deep Red
Dawn of The Dead

and some favourites from recent years:
Rec
Inside
Ils
El Orfanato
A Tale of Two Sisters
The Descent

Nearly forgot: Candyman (only the first one mind).

J. Friday

Banned
The Omen.

The Descent.

Salem's Lot (the TV series with David Soul).

You liked the Descent too, huh? That would be great to have a sevensome with me and those six chicks.

But the movie started out kind of slow. Only the last 30-45 minutes were actual horror. The rest was boring or tedious stuff leading up to it. I felt the underground scene against the mole mutants could have been much better if the makers cut out all the beginning stuff and put in the horror part in for a longer duration.

J. Friday

Banned
Horror movies today are saturated. A lot of it is teenagers running around screaming all the time. I'm so fucking tired of seeing horror flicks revolving around teenagers running around trying to get away from a slasher/monster/ghost that it's not even funny.

Back in the good old days the horror was a lot about psychology and wasn't interested in watered down gore flicks with little to no suspense. Has anyone noticed that many horror flicks lack the blood, gore, and suspense they used to have? I think it's because the movie business isn't making as much money these days so they want to market movies to more people at once like families, couples, and females. That's why it's hard to see a good horror film today.

You liked the Descent too, huh?
But the movie started out kind of slow. Only the last 30-45 minutes were actual horror. The rest was boring or tedious stuff leading up to it. I felt the underground scene against the mole mutants could have been much better if the makers cut out all the beginning stuff and put in the horror part in for a longer duration.

I loved the build-up to it; that's what made the movie so clever; the ending was a cop-out however.

1. Misery
2. A Clockwork Orange
3. The Cube
4. Thinner
5. Scream

I have a feeling not all of these are classified as horror movies. But it's my list.

I really like The Descent, too. I'm a little bit surprised how many here like that movie. Where I live, I'm a bit alone with that.

J. Friday, first you criticize The Descent for it's build-up, psychology and suspense:

and then you say
Horror movies today are saturated. A lot of it is teenagers running around screaming all the time. I'm so fucking tired of seeing horror flicks revolving around teenagers running around trying to get away from a slasher/monster/ghost that it's not even funny.

Back in the good old days the horror was a lot about psychology and wasn't interested in watered down gore flicks with little to no suspense.
Kinda contradictory and inconsistent, don't you think. ;)

I loved the build-up to it; that's what made the movie so clever
I'd second that. I think the build-up was good and necessary. It could've even been better to get a better grasp of some of the characters. The getting to know of the friends, the being trapped underground, the claustrophobia...all great build-ups to the in part quite brutal ending.

damn i cant believe i forgot about the saw movies yes i love those.

redpaint

Closed Account
I love TCM The Beginning. To me, it's probably one of the best films I've ever seen, because I loved the original TCM and always wanted to know the story that shows how it got to this (the events in the original TCM), I "craved" a prequel so to speak. And when they finally made the prequel, it was so well shot, the atmosphere was great, the special effects were phenomenal, I fell in love instantly. :D
Same thing goes for the Dawn of the Dead remake by Snyder. This movie is the most realistic depiction of what would happen if zombies really came into existence I've ever seen. You can watch the whole movie and actually forget that you're watching a horror movie, it's so realistic.

TCM the beginning was amazingly well shot the atmosphere was just so intense,i was surprised by the amount of gore in it,to me the beginning was really underrated.I must watch TCM the original again it's got to be one of the most intense films ever made.

Anyone ever see Dog Soldiers it's probably the most realistic werewolf movie ever.

Anyone ever see Dog Soldiers it's probably the most realistic werewolf movie ever.

yeah i love that movie i would agree with you except underwold is the best werewolf movie ever made

redpaint

Closed Account
yeah i love that movie i would agree with you except underwold is the best werewolf movie ever made

I could never get into underworld man......did you know that dog soldiers was based on a true story (if i believe it then it's true damn it)

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
I like horror films, but only if there is blood involved! And lots of it!

Patrick_S

persona non grata
Back in the good old days the horror was a lot about psychology and wasn't interested in watered down gore flicks with little to no suspense. Has anyone noticed that many horror flicks lack the blood, gore, and suspense they used to have? I think it's because the movie business isn't making as much money these days so they want to market movies to more people at once like families, couples, and females. That's why it's hard to see a good horror film today.
You should watch horror from other countries than the US. There´s been plenty of movies made in recent years that have lots of blood, gore and suspense, especially from France and Spain. There´s been some good american movies too lately. I really liked All The Boys Love Mandy Lane, i think they managed to do something slightly different with the slasher genre there.

J. Friday

Banned
I really like The Descent, too. I'm a little bit surprised how many here like that movie. Where I live, I'm a bit alone with that.

J. Friday, first you criticize The Descent for it's build-up, psychology and suspense:

and then you say

Kinda contradictory and inconsistent, don't you think. ;)

I'd second that. I think the build-up was good and necessary. It could've even been better to get a better grasp of some of the characters. The getting to know of the friends, the being trapped underground, the claustrophobia...all great build-ups to the in part quite brutal ending.

LOL. Yes, contradictory and hypocrite are my two middle names. Maybe I was just bored at the beginning, I don't know.

busenbust, do you mean the American ending or the UK ending?

squallumz, I am sick and tired of zombie movies!

And yes, Twilight was total junk. A vampire that glitters when he's hit by the sunlight? Talk about homo.

squallumz, I am sick and tired of zombie movies!
That, I'll never get tired of. :D

I saw An American Haunting just today and can't figure out what to think of this movie. The beginning with the wolf was really good. And the sound effects and the cinematography were also very good. But the movie was never too scary. And at some point during the film I caught myself thinking 'my goood, enough already'.
Hardly any build-up, hardly any story, and every couple of minutes something "scary" or "eerie" happens. Half-way through the film I was so "engulfed" by one (pseudo-)scare after the other, it stopped being scary/eerie and started being normal, you know. At the end, the explanation for the haunting was somewhat dull...