• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

America's band

America's band

• Metallica

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • R.E.M.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Aerosmith

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Lynyrd Skynyrd

• Beach Boys

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • The Doors

• Other

Votes: 16 41.0%

• Total voters
For the sake of argument I would add to this The Mama's and the Papa's, Crosby Stills Nash and Young, P-Funk, Steely Dan, The Cars, Journey, The Beastie Boys, Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention, The Red Hot chili Peppers, The Ventures, Earth Wind and Fire, Tool, The Commodores, The Temptations, The Four Tops, NWA, Public enemy, WuTang, and many others. I don't advocate any of these in particular, but they are nice additions to the others already named, and I think they deserve to at least be in the conversation.

Killer B

I Like Big Tits! (song by Joe Walsh)
On this list, Aerosmith. In reality, Van Halen. 2 Dutch born members who immigrated to the U.S. as little kids along with 2 U.S. born members make them an American band.

I think Pearl Jam should get some love in this thread. They had always been true to themselves, their albums flat out sell like crazy, and for the most part they have gathered their fan base without the help of the mainstream media pushing them down everyones throat. They may not be the "sexy choice for something like this, but i think they at least deserve their name in the mix.

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention

:thumbsup:

Though you can't put in the Mamas and the Papas, or Crosby Stills, Nash and Young - Because you have an Englishman in CSNY (Graham Nash) and two Canadians, Neil Young in CSNY and Denny Doherty in the Ms&Ps

Randy California, John Locke, Mark Andes, Jay Ferguson, and Ed Cassidy collectively known as Spirit. :)