• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2019 NCAA Football season

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Here is why the Polls are garbage:

AP:

LSU
Bama
OSU
Clemson

Coaches:

Bama
LSU
Clemson
OSU

How in hell does LSU frog jump Bama? Bama has beaten everybody it's faced by +19 or higher. They played only one ranked team, but beat them handily, and handled the unranked teams the way they should have.
How in hell does LSU rate above Ohio State? The day AFTER both teams played tough inter-conference foes who were comparably ranked, with the Bucks winning decisively, while the Tigers barely scratched one out, the pollsters move LSU up to No. 1.
LSU played 3 ranked teams, barely beating two of them. OSU played 2 ranked teams, beating both by 21 points or more.
Clemson has only played ONE ranked team in TAM...an admittedly good team, but 12th at the time, and only managed 24 points on them. And remember: Clemson almost lost to UNC. Suspiciously, look at the remainder of Clemson's schedule: what do YOU see?
Prediction: Alabama: 42 LSU: 23----Clemson: Who Cares Wofford: Who Cares---Ohio State: Meh... Maryland: Meh...(but at least the Bucks face TWO ranked opponents in their season end run.
Analysis: Pollsters give Auburn too much credit. Put them up against anybody challenging, and it becomes a close game and or a loss.

As it turned out, no. I overcalled the Terps myself.

Not a problem. I didn't ante up on Maryland. My only bet last weekend was a parlay from Iowa (thanks Ace) to Wyoming = small win

Though it was fun to see Oklahoma get taken down :)
And to see Notre Dame get humiliated :)
Double the pleasure, double the fun :D

Appy State :facepalm:

Remember that bold 4 win prediction I made on Rice? Never mind :anonymous.

Nebraska on the verge of dropping to division 2 :facepalm:

Helton lasted longer at USC than I thought he would, but now...

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
And the choices are in...

The CFP Top 6:

1. Ohio State
2. LSU
3. Alabama
4. Penn State
5. Clemson
6. Georgia

Doesn't mean a helluva lot...PSU plays at OSU coming up, and the big game Saturday with LSU at Tuscaloosa. Clemson is in great shape, because their remaining schedule is fairly easy and two of these teams will fall.

And the choices are in...

The CFP Top 6:

1. Ohio State
2. LSU
3. Alabama
4. Penn State
5. Clemson
6. Georgia

Doesn't mean a helluva lot...PSU plays at OSU coming up, and the big game Saturday with LSU at Tuscaloosa. Clemson is in great shape, because their remaining schedule is fairly easy and two of these teams will fall.

LSU is rated above Bama - Bama is a six point favorite lol

Other than that, another not particularly enticing week.
Penn State/Minnesota should be an interesting game.
Possible odds beaters: Iowa, Iowa State, Louisville?

LSU is rated above Bama - Bama is a six point favorite lol

Wild game!

Penn State/Minnesota should be an interesting game.

It was.

Possible odds beaters: Iowa (YES) Iowa State (YES), Louisville (NO)?

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Hey...I admit I was wrong about the 'Bama game......

---BUT---LSU still blew a big lead and let the Tide O stay in it. If nothing else, it's a moral victory. PLUS...I accept the power and playmaking ability of LSU and coach Org. But, head to toe, I don't really see a big divide between the Big 10 and the SEC. To the media, the Big 10 will always show its weaknesses when teams beat each other, while the SEC will always show its diverse strengths and toughness in the same scenario.
---Is it just me, or do my SPARTANS always blow all of their fuel in the first quarter, then flounder for the rest of the game??
---Man, I still think there's a small possibility that the CFP Committee made the Top 25 the way they did initially on purpose. Other than maybe the PSU outcome, it pretty much played out the way they figured, and in the end they'll get the matchups they wanted in the first place.
---Other than LSU, we're making a big deal over the victories in the games featuring 5-8...when in most of those cases the higher-ranked teams didn't play anybody.
---It'll be VERY interesting to see what the Committee does with Minnesota. Where they end up Monday will say a helluva lot about the pollsters' opinions of the power conferences.
---I feel sorry for the Buckeyes. For the second time, their gonna drop in the rankings after trouncing their opponents.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
---Finebaum is only critical of Saban because he got his heart broken by LSU. So now he entreats everyone to anoint the Bayou Bengals as Gods Of The Arena. Poppycockbreath. He channels so much bullshit sycophantic bravado for the SEC he must be Stonewall Jackson reborn. He rails all over teams who have a weak schedule, then puts 'Bama at #4. This AFTER admitting the Tide haven't played anybody and, quote, "Need to win this game." He put Clemson at #3 after their impressive wins against Wofford and Our Ladies Of Eternal Misery. He gets credit, though, in having enough nerve left to vault the high-flying Gophers 112 places up to #6. You know what? Finebaum, I'm gonna go with what you said on Greenie's show: THE TIDE IS FINISHED. If they indeed go #4, They'll likely play LSU again, and lose again. Clemson will likely be #3 come Monday and since they only have patsies and Wake on their remaining schedule, they will win out. They will thus play OSU...and get beat by 30. That leaves OSU and LSU as the highlight game January Whatever. If you ask me, I'll have my fill of worthwhile games once I enjoy whoever Minnesota plays in the Rose Bowl, and whatever bowl game they put Appalachian State into...the Whatsit Insurance Prickly Pear Bowl or whatever.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Just watched Finebaum's reaction after the LSU/Ole Miss game. For once I agree with him. The pathway is open for Ohio State and Clemson. Plumley ate up the LSU D with his legs...and this is a QB who can't pass worth a shit. It was like watching a high school game. I remember thinking, "If this was Ohio State with their mobile quarterback, LSU would've gotten killed." This is the CFP as of today:

1. LSU
2. Ohio State
3. Clemson
4. Georgia
5. Alabama
6. Oregon

They were nice to the Nittany Lions and only dropped them to 8. The Utes deserve to be at least as high as they are at 7. I agree with the AP. I would put the Sooners ahead of PSU after their big win AT Baylor. I was eating cream cheese off a turd for picking Georgia to win the SEC. But now, who knows? I still think Clemson is gonna get railroaded in their playoff game against whoever. One thing's for sure: Coach Org is probably STILL practicing his defense with 3-a-days as we speak. And to the Bucks and Coach Day: Look Out. When you decimate PSU, get right the hell on the field again. Because lurking in the shadows is the team up north...and they've beaten their opponents by a combined score of 123-31 after their loss in Happy Valley. I was wrong when I said Harbaugh is through. He's not. And the AD at Michigan had better agree with me.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Wow.

---#6 Oregon falls to Az State. I think Coach Edwards put something in freshman QB Jayden Daniels' frappuccino. :stir:
---#4 Georgia barely slips by TAM. I guess the Aggies ain't so turrible after all. :2 cents:
---#1 LSU did their damnedest to hold onto the Top Dog status by trouncing the mighty 2-9 Razors...yet they still managed to give up 20 at home. :facepalm:
---#5 'Bama impressed absolutely nobody by routing Saint Mary's Wayward University by 209...who schedules these fuckin' things? :dunno:
---#2 Ohio State fumbled, stumbled, and rumbled their way to a respectable but underpowering win at home against #9 PSU by 11. Hey...at least THEY played somebody in the Top 10...and in this country...:clap:
---FOOTBALL FANS: Forget LSU v Alabama. The game of the year is next week in Ann Arbor. Don't miss it. Quit your job. Drop out of school. But don't miss that game.

#6 Oregon falls to Az State.

How the F ? :facepalm:
Oh well, as an Oregon fan one gets to experience a lot of these moments. They weren't likely to make the final four anyway, but at least they had a shot.

Bob Griese during the UCLA/USC game: "I have no idea what the UCLA defense is trying to do". You sure weren't alone, Bob. UCLA D gave up 515 passing yards without ever making any kind of pertinent in game adjustment to what USC was doing :rolleyes: Long past time for Chip Kelly to pink slip his old buddy Azzinaro as DC.

Ohio State at Michigan next Saturday. Every time I think Michigan has found itself it takes a dump.

Rice on a two game winning streak :cthulhu: - Should handle UTEP next week. Will still leave them one game short of the bold 4 win prediction :crying:

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
And Here It Is...

The CFP Top 10:

1. Ohio State
2. LSU
3. Clemson
4. Georgia
5. Alabama
6. Utah
7. Oklahoma
8. Minnesota
9. Baylor
10. Penn State

Exactly how I would have done it...except for Alabama. I would have flipped them and Utah. For once I agree with Herbstreit...the Committee looked at the whole body of work, rather than just SOS and the size of offensive output. In the end it doesn't matter. Especially after next weekend.

Exactly how I would have done it...except for Alabama. I would have flipped them and Utah. For once I agree with Herbstreit...the Committee looked at the whole body of work, rather than just SOS and the size of offensive output. In the end it doesn't matter. Especially after next weekend.

I dunno. You're probably right but the win over Penn State wasn't breathtaking.
Georgia is shaky to me in the 4 slot. I'm still thinking The Tide will end up there.

Georgia is shaky to me in the 4 slot. I'm still thinking The Tide will end up there.

Oops. Never mind. What happened to Alabama's defense today??? :anonymous

Does a loss to LSU next week move anybody past Georgia into the top 4? Utah will be lobbying hard if they beat Oregon.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
I think there's a Tuesday show with the CFP Committee. Then they'll wrap it up after the Conference Championships next weekend.

--Just for shits and giggles, I routed for LSU to score at least 115 points on TAM because maybe that way the pollsters would see it in their hearts to flip the Tigers and The Bucks AGAIN...:facepalm: But dammit wouldn't ya know, Day and Chase went in there and beat the WingedHelms soundly in the Big House. Clemson used their voodoo to beat the tough as turnips SC Cocks by 35 and set some kind of wistful scoring record or something...so they won't move. Then Georgia behind Fromm's 4 TD passes deconstructed the G Tech Yellows and will remain at #4. All of ESPN and everyone at Fienbaum's house will mourn as the Committee is forced to do the unthinkable: drop 'Bama out of the Top 6. Hey...Utah soundly beat CO and Okie bumped around a ranked Cowboy team so they will both go up. If it wasn't for the Gophers losing, there might not have been room for Coach Savehim to make the Top 10. That SC loss could hurt GA if LSU beats them handily...or maybe at all. In that case it's Utah unless the Comm decides that Utah hasn't played anybody all year. In any case, the Conference Championships are going to prove vital to everyone this year, it's that tight.

How much does that Oregon loss to Arizona hurt now? Omg :suicide:

The mighty Buckeyes down 14 zip to Wisconsin early second quarter :1orglaugh

OSU rallies. Gynormous choke avoided.

It really doesn't matter who the committee puts in the 4 slot. Whoever it is will have a 0.00 chance of winning the national championship.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
HERE are the final Top 4 CFP Standings:

1. LSU
2.Ohio State
3.Clemson
4.Oklahoma

---So, it's Ohio State against Clemson. Or, Clemson against Ohio State if OSU had been #3. :dunno: Thing is, it never fucking mattered. The pollsters and ESPN wanted LSU in at the top spot and a patsy at #4 and that is exactly what they got. Now, it doesn't matter a rat's toucus what happens between OSU and Clemson...if the Bucks win, they have the travel money, the ad money and the TV picks. If Clemson wins, they have the sexy pic, the defending champs, and the SEC grudge match. And thus they still get the money. You see? The rankings never mattered. It was all about money.:2 cents::2 cents:
---Coach Org has never seen a bottle of Listerine. Somebody show him one. :glugglug:
---The Big 10 will NEVER be afforded the props that the SEC has and will always get. To the media--and everyone beneath the Mason-Dixon line--LSU beating an injury-depleted Georgia is worth more than 3 Ohio State ranked victories in a row. And if Clemson wants respect, do something respectable. Beat a Top 10 opponent. You have that chance now. Do it, or you are a fucking sham.
---Oklahoma will lose by twenty. In fact, I will be watching a few of the other bowl games that don't involve the playoff. Because to me, it's like playing sandlot ball with all the other guys at recess...while a few of the popular rich kids are over at the tennis courts.

MILF Man

milf n' cookies
And the college football world can send a big thank you to the Auburn Tigers for knocking Alabama out of the College Football Playoff.