• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
OK, perhaps the most exciting and improbable World Series in history just concluded with the St. Louis Cardinals being crowned the new World Champions. Now the hot-stove season begins. Some high-profile free agents will be testing the waters and it will be interesting to see where they land. Will Pujols be back in St. Louis or will be end up playing for another team? What teams do you see as being the early favorites to win their divisions in 2012? Who's gonna suck again next year? Let the wrangling begin....

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Pujols to Florida, and Ryne Sandberg to St. Louis.

Pujols will stay in StL.
I dont know where Prince goes, I would have thought the Dodgers would make a play for him, but Im not sure what kind of budget the new owner is going to be working with

OK, perhaps the most exciting and improbable World Series in history just concluded with the St. Louis Cardinals being crowned the new World Champions. Now the hot-stove season begins. Some high-profile free agents will be testing the waters and it will be interesting to see where they land. Will Pujols be back in St. Louis or will be end up playing for another team? What teams do you see as being the early favorites to win their divisions in 2012? Who's gonna suck again next year? Let the wrangling begin....
http://www.pantagraph.com/sports/ba...cle_c73e2066-05d6-11e1-9f95-001cc4c03286.html

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
Don't be surprised if Terry Francona ends up getting hired for the Cubs manager position by the new President of Baseball Operations; his friend, Theo Epstein.

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
Ryne Sandberg becomes the skipper of the Cubs...
Theo Epstein said on Tuesday night that Ryne Sandberg will not even be considered. Epstein's main reason was that Sandberg has no major league managerial experience. Last year, he was the Triple A manager of the Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs in the Philadelphia Phillies organization.

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
Look for the Cards to give a long look to their 3rd base coach (name escapes me-Oquendo maybe?) due to the fact that he and Pujols are tight and word is that if he gets the job, Pujols will stay.

Pujols wants a market value contract. is St.Louis prepared to pay him 28 million a year for 10 years if not he leaves. do not be surprised to see him in a Cubs uniform.

Fielder will go where he is payed the most.

The Giants will overpay for the wrong guy again

red001

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
Sandberg will not be the Cubs' new manager....you can take that to the bank. If someone is crazy enough to give Albert $28-plus million for 10 years and he wants to go for the money instead of the legacy, he'll be gone. As a Cardinal fan, I love Albert and would be thrilled to see him end his career wearing the birds on the bat but I do not want this team to be shackled like that. Face facts....the dude will be 32 next season. His best years are behind him. He's still great but he's not worth a $280 million/10-year contract. If the Cubs, Marlins, Angels or Rangers want to give that to him, go for it. If Albert opts to go elsewhere, it frees up a boatload of money for St. Louis to pursue greater strength at SS (Reyes maybe?) and 2B as well as getting more pitching help and a RH hitting center-fielder who can platoon with Jay against lefthanders. We move Berkman to 1B and put Craig in left field and move Holliday to right. Mozeliak is prepared for Albert's departure if and when it happens.

BCT

Pucker Up Butter Cup.
Sandberg will not be the Cubs' new manager....you can take that to the bank. If someone is crazy enough to give Albert $28-plus million for 10 years and he wants to go for the money instead of the legacy, he'll be gone. As a Cardinal fan, I love Albert and would be thrilled to see him end his career wearing the birds on the bat but I do not want this team to be shackled like that. Face facts....the dude will be 32 next season. His best years are behind him. He's still great but he's not worth a $280 million/10-year contract. If the Cubs, Marlins, Angels or Rangers want to give that to him, go for it. If Albert opts to go elsewhere, it frees up a boatload of money for St. Louis to pursue greater strength at SS (Reyes maybe?) and 2B as well as getting more pitching help and a RH hitting center-fielder who can platoon with Jay against lefthanders. We move Berkman to 1B and put Craig in left field and move Holliday to right. Mozeliak is prepared for Albert's departure if and when it happens.

The way I look at it is I'm sad to see him go but if it's in the Cardinals best interest to release him into free agency than they have to do what they have to do. He gave this franchise many great years and 2 rings. He's my fav player but the way salaries are these days your not going to be able to hang onto a player of his calibar unless your a big market club like New York, Philly, or Boston. This is why baseball has taken such a huge hit, you don't see players playing for the same franchise their whole careers like George Brett or Robin Yount, those were the days.

Ryne Sandberg becomes the skipper of the Cubs... Pujols bids farewell to the Cardinals.

Theo Epstein said on Tuesday night that Ryne Sandberg will not even be considered. Epstein's main reason was that Sandberg has no major league managerial experience. Last year, he was the Triple A manager of the Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs in the Philadelphia Phillies organization.

Definitely not Sandberg, for the Cubbies at least.

...Believed to be a candidate again for the Cubs, Sandberg was told by president of baseball operations Theo Epstein that he would not be a considered to replace Quade, who was fired on Wednesday.
http://espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/story/_/id/7185520/tony-la-russa-very-special-ryne-sandberg

Deepcover

Closed Account
That WS was pure poppyc*ck! The Phillies should have went all the way. They had the best fucking record and they let some cardinal red churp eat their colons. Next year Phillies and Yanks WS.

P.S. Do you think Manny will make a comeback or play in Japan?

That WS was pure poppyc*ck! The Phillies should have went all the way. They had the best fucking record and they let some cardinal red churp eat their colons. Next year Phillies and Yanks WS.

P.S. Do you think Manny will make a comeback or play in Japan?

I'm actually pretty tired of people telling me that game 6 was the best WS game in history... 19 total runs, 28 hits, 5 errors and 3 blown saves? Give me a break with that. I can certainly say that it was one of the most exciting WS games I have ever seen due only to the general sloppiness and lack of quality pitching that made pretty much anything possible.

IMO there shouldn't be 19 runs scored in an entire World Series, let alone in one single game. Great pitching, great defense and timely clutch hitting should define a World Series, not the garbage defense and pitching we saw in game 6. :2 cents:

And as far as Manny goes, if he tries to play in any league that is in any way associated with MLB he's still going to have to serve that 100 game suspension. His career is over, and he is worthless without the juice these days.

StanScratch

My Penis Is Dancing!
Seeing Ryne Sandberg take over the managerial position of the St. Louis Cardinals would be the funniest thing for me in the world! I so want it to happen!

Status
Not open for further replies.