• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2011/2012 NCAA Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ASU needs to get on this coaching search thing. Rich Rodriguez and Mike Leach are already gone. I'd like to think a big name is coming, but after the Dennis Erickson flop, I think a lower key name like Sonny Dykes is more likely.

Let's all hope WVU can win tomorrow night, otherwise we're gonna have to watch a repeat of last year's Fiesta Bowl, with Cincy or Louisville.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
ASU needs to get on this coaching search thing. Rich Rodriguez and Mike Leach are already gone. I'd like to think a big name is coming, but after the Dennis Erickson flop, I think a lower key name like Sonny Dykes is more likely.

Let's all hope WVU can win tomorrow night, otherwise we're gonna have to watch a repeat of last year's Fiesta Bowl, with Cincy or Louisville.

There are a lot of rumors flying in Houston today about Kevin Sumlin for both the ASU and UCLA jobs. I'd hate to see it but he's a great coach who has almost single-handedly resurrected the Houston program. Who is a better candidate? Sonny Dykes? Why?

I also agree....possible bowl matchups look terrible. Besides, unless you have a chance to play for a national championship, what relevance is there in any bowl game victory? What a fucked-up system we have in college football!

There are a lot of rumors flying in Houston today about Kevin Sumlin for both the ASU and UCLA jobs. I'd hate to see it but he's a great coach who has almost single-handedly resurrected the Houston program.

Although Sumlin is a very good coach, saying he resurrected UH football is a disservice for Art Briles, who really got the ball rolling. I'd also point out that last year without Keenum, the Cougars had a losing record. And the one time they actually got a great playmaking recuit, Terrance Broadway (who turned down Miss St and Oregon), he transferred after a year. Dykes, who was the offensive coordinator at both Texas Tech and Arizona, truly took over a crap program, and has them 8-4 (including an OT loss at Miss St) and have won the WAC without the luxury of a guy like Case Keenum to carry them.

Southern Mississippi at Houston (Conference USA Championship) I like Houston better than most
West Virginia at South Florida WV wins a very weak Big East than gets blown out in the Orange Bowl
Texas at Baylor I dont like the UT Defense against RG3
UNLV at TCU TCU wins and destroys Boise's BCS hopes
Wisconsin vs. Michigan State (Big 10 Championship at Indianapolis, IN) Wisconsin exacts revenge on Sparty, the game is very close tho
Oklahoma at Oklahoma State Rivalry game means ANYTHING can happen, i still think this is the year OK. st. rises to the occasion
UCLA at Oregon (Pac 12 Championship) If this game isnt a 50 point blowout, thatll be the upset of the century
New Mexico at Boise State New Mexico has 1 win, nuff said
Virginia Tech vs. Clemson (ACC Championship at Charlotte, NC) If this was confidence picks, this would be my lowest confidence number
LSU vs. Georgia (SEC Championship at Atlanta, GA)Georgia like Arkansas plays close, but LSU is always deadly in the 4th quarter

Jagger69

Although Sumlin is a very good coach, saying he resurrected UH football is a disservice for Art Briles, who really got the ball rolling. I'd also point out that last year without Keenum, the Cougars had a losing record. And the one time they actually got a great playmaking recuit, Terrance Broadway (who turned down Miss St and Oregon), he transferred after a year. Dykes, who was the offensive coordinator at both Texas Tech and Arizona, truly took over a crap program, and has them 8-4 (including an OT loss at Miss St) and have won the WAC without the luxury of a guy like Case Keenum to carry them.

This is true. I should have given more credit to Briles....he was the one who put the train on the right track. Problem was, he wasn't there long enough to maintain a legacy. Most folks in Houston give Sumlin the plaudits but Briles certainly deserves kudos as well. And look what he's done at Baylor. One note: last year the Coogs lost not only Kennum but Cotton Turner as well....that's the reason their season went down the drain. when Turner plays, the Houston offense doesn't miss a beat. Broadway never showed that ability. Good points all however!

There was some discussion about this on one of the ESPN shows and how it was possible that 3 teams could go. It didn't make any sense to me, so I just turned it off.

First, I never called you or anyone else, ignorant. In fact, not a single one of my posts in this thread even contains the word ignorant, so you don't need to try and put words in my mouth.

Second, the fact that you stated, It's not gonna happen, is essentially saying that it's impossible.

The point I'm trying to make is this: Bama fans need to postpone their celebration until after the Sooners win, or, if the Cowboys get the upset, wait until the final BCS poll is released and it shows Bama as #2.

ill take my chanchs..pour me the bama lsu koolaid...you can pour conner a glass and put it in the fridge..he will be along in awhile..may as well pour lurkingdirk a glass to he will be along shortly

Try reading it again and focus on the first word.

Ditto, read it again and focus on your word, Never.

And another that you misread.

And you think your attitude wasn't condescending?

I'm done with this discussion. No more speculation, I'll just wait until after the Sooner/Cowboy game/final BCS poll to see what is instead of what may.

got conner a big cRow in the crock pot :1orglaugh

Dirk's remarks were sarcastic, smoker. You need to keep up with the soap opera.

i had that figured out jagger..but if youll look way back at the soap..dirkie has been throwin punches at me all year..i was just taking me a shot..sorry if i offended you

MILF Man

milf n' cookies
im excited as well..because we wont be seeing his fuckface on espn every saturday morning

Yeah, but we still have to watch that twat Reece Davis all the time on ESPN.

Jagger69

This has got the Kevin Sumlin rumors flying on the radio talk shows here in Texas again. What's the better job....ASU in the Pac-12 South or an Aggie team moving to the strongest division in the nation? I still haven't heard anything official about the ASU rumors but man is he is a good bargaining position if any of this stuff is true....including a return to U of H with a hefty raise. I just don't like the timing. I hope the Coogs don't take their eye off the ball tomorrow against USM.

i had that figured out jagger..but if youll look way back at the soap..dirkie has been throwin punches at me all year..i was just taking me a shot..sorry if i offended you

Hell smoker no offense taken....just wanted to make sure you were tuned into the drama that's all. I'm betting your prediction will come true this weekend for sure....which will set the stage for an Alabama national championship when they turn the tables on LSU in a rematch....BCS hell breaks loose!!!

This has got the Kevin Sumlin rumors flying on the radio talk shows here in Texas again. What's the better job....ASU in the Pac-12 South or an Aggie team moving to the strongest division in the nation? I still haven't heard anything official about the ASU rumors but man is he is a good bargaining position if any of this stuff is true....including a return to U of H with a hefty raise. I just don't like the timing. I hope the Coogs don't take their eye off the ball tomorrow against USM.

I don't mean to sound like a homer here, but I really believe ASU is the better job. First of all, you get to live in beautiful Phoenix (well not actually in Phoenix, more like Scottsdale, but you get the point.) Secondly, you have a better chance at winning. I like Sumlin, but he doesn't have much of a chance competing against Alabama, LSU, Auburn and Arkansas every year. Utah, UCLA, Arizona, and sanctioned USC is much easier. Plus both squads are loaded with comparable talent. And his Texas ties would be a big plus in recruiting, and ASU already recruits California well. Although there's plenty of pressure on coaches in Tempe, in my estimation the pressure cooker's not as hot as in College Station. I think the only thing in A&M's favor is I guess they have the richer history and tradition.

Status
Not open for further replies.