• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2011/2012 NCAA Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There would be no need for those guarantee games, as in my alignment, those four teams are all in the same division.

I didn't pay attention, seeing that you had dreamed up a new alignment. Anyhow, I don't think it would work. The SEC office wanted to move one team, Auburn, and have T-A&M and Mizzou in the same division, but the Alabama officials went bat-shit nuts over that plan. Imagine a complete reshuffle of the conference and the ensuing revolt. I think a smaller re-alignment is best, moving LSU making the most sense. As it is now, Bama & LSU must play each other every year. Imagine if they were in different divisions and had not played each other this year. They both would have been undefeated going into the SEC Championship with the winner getting a guaranteed ticket to play in the BCS Championship. The ENTIRE country would have tuned in for that game! Instead, we got a ridiculous SEC Champ game, with all the power brokers saying that even if LSU lost, they'd still be in the BCS game and most of the country ending up pissed off that two teams from the same conference are playing each other again.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
The Outback Bowl. Fuck 'em. I'm eating Bob Evans food. Yeah. Mexican day on Sunday for the NFL games, but BE for Monday, because I have coupons. Plus Cousins is facing his final collegiate game. And Georgia's potent Murray-to-Charles combo needs to be checked. Dantonio will likely stack the box and force Murray to throw, shadowing Charles. There is no clear-cut RB in the 'Dogs' platoon system. And Grantham will push the 4-3, while rushing Cousins with that monster Jarvis Jones. All-in-all, I'm routing hard for my SPARTANS, but I gotta give the Bulldogs a 6-point edge. :hairpull:

BCT

Pucker Up Butter Cup.
Eventhough I'm a Bama fan the SEC did one of the most underhanded things you could do, they fucked Mizzou and TAMU on the scheduling, they have one home game between the two in November and that home game is Mizzou traveling to TAMU, that's terrible. They set it up so the southern states dont have to play in the cold. Both of these teams should have stayed put. They are going to get fucked without the courtesy of a reacharound in the SEC. :facepalm:

icerfan

Nikkala made me do it!
I saw that aTm has to go to Auburn, then Miss State, then Bama in consecutive weeks ... yikes! :eek:

BCT

Pucker Up Butter Cup.
I saw that aTm has to go to Auburn, then Miss State, then Bama in consecutive weeks ... yikes! :eek:

I've been reading some sports boards and their fans are irrate, they are insulted by that welcome by the SEC and I don't blame them, thats not a good way to start a new relationship we are better than that. I can honestly say that I've never seen a schedule where a team had to play all of their road games in the most important month of the season to finish the year, thast really a shame, even I can see that fuck job!

If the TamU people thought going to the SEC was going to be an easy ride, they were sorely mistaken. If im an AandM fan, im thankful to even win 2 games in that conference, they have not been able to compete against the SEC in a long time. If they could only win 3 or 4 games in the Big 12 which is only half as good as the SEC, whats the hope they will compete in their new home. All i can say is, i hope AandM alums are not upset about 7-5 as their best seasons, cause thats all they should expect, esp. with the first 3 SEC game as theyre set. I dont think Missouri is going to last in that conference either, they are in worst shape than TAM and are even worst against SEC teams in the past, i hope they are ready for a big succession of seasons where the most games they win is 6. The SEC is a rough and tumble conference where defense rules the day, Texas AandM and Missouri are not known for their defense.

BCT

Pucker Up Butter Cup.
Mizzou is really fucked because they run that spread that gets completely shut down by solid defenses. I welcome them but both teams fucked up going into this conference.

Actually, Missouri and T-A&M don't have any legitimate complaint about the scheduling. If you really think about it, all those away games will become home games the following year. Auburn's schedule is like that. One year, they'll have most of their SEC games at home (except Bama), and the following year, most of their SEC games are on the road (except Bama).

As for competing against other SEC teams, they'll have a tough go for the first couple years, but I believe both can build stronger teams. In a sense, A&M won't be recruiting against Texas. Some Texas recruits may want to play in the SEC, but not have the heart to leave Texas, but with A&M in the SEC, they can stay at home. And, to a lesser degree, Missouri is in the same position, not having to recruit against the Big 12. Give them some time to build SEC-like teams, and Texas could find themselves being dominated by the Aggies on a consistent basis.

Actually, Missouri and T-A&M don't have any legitimate complaint about the scheduling. If you really think about it, all those away games will become home games the following year. Auburn's schedule is like that. One year, they'll have most of their SEC games at home (except Bama), and the following year, most of their SEC games are on the road (except Bama).

As for competing against other SEC teams, they'll have a tough go for the first couple years, but I believe both can build stronger teams. In a sense, A&M won't be recruiting against Texas. Some Texas recruits may want to play in the SEC, but not have the heart to leave Texas, but with A&M in the SEC, they can stay at home. And, to a lesser degree, Missouri is in the same position, not having to recruit against the Big 12. Give them some time to build SEC-like teams, and Texas could find themselves being dominated by the Aggies on a consistent basis.

I agree to this extent. In the past Texas HS players who wanted to play in the SEC went to LSU or Arkansas cause those are nearby states. They leave Texas regardless of their wishes but they stay close to home. My thought is that why would a recruit want to go the TaM and endure 7-5 seasons when you can go to LSU and have 11,12,13 win seasons instead, or to Arknasas where you can win double digit games. Missouri would need a coach who knows how to recruit in the Southeast, which Gary Pinkel is not, to survive in the SEC. All the great talent in the SEC comes from the Southeast and that has been the dominating conference for the better part of the last 7 years.

I think A&M will do fine in recruiting actually. LSU, Bama, FL, GA all have stacked rosters of blue chips. Why go to one of those schools and wait on the bench for 2 years min? A&M can offer immediate playing time for many recruits.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Fuck. I've got no nails left to bite...

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
SHITTING A HAPPY TURD!! :baconsalt::partysml:

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
Justin Blackmon is a beast @ WR for OSU, Top 10 in the NFL draft for sure.
38-38 w/ 2 mins to go.
Looks like the Nerds will have the last drive to win it.
No such thing as defense in college football anymore.....unless you are LSU or Alabama.

Are these games any good? Canadian television would rather air Blue Mountain St and World Junior highlights than premier college games.

Status
Not open for further replies.