• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2011/2012 NCAA Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You want to shut up Boise State? It's a very simple solution. Get your favorite BCS conference school to man up and actually play them. Nobody wants to ruin their season by getting beat by them, especially at home. At least Michigan State put them on the schedule for next year. It probably won't matter next year but at least someone from a big conference grew a pair.

Let's put it this way. You are out with your wife/girlfriend and someone starts hitting on them right in front of you. Do you cowboy up and punch them in the face or do you wait around for someone else to beat their ass? Until someone beats them, shut up about it. I personally pull for anything or anybody that hastens the demise of the stupid ass BCS.

Well, I hope the moguls at UT are happy with their $300 million deal with ESPN to set up the Longhorn Network...

I read in the local paper today that the Pac-12 commissioner has verified that he has been contacted by other schools about expansion. He also said that if Texas did join, it would have to dump the Longhorn Network. Last year, they were more than willing to let Texas have whatever they wanted, but now that the Pac-12 has their own TV deal and Texas A&M is poised to jump ship and further damage a sinking SouthWest, the bargaining power of Texas is falling fast. If Texas does join, I suspect they may do it on the condition that the Pac-12 must renegotiate their TV deal to get more money, or ESPN give them a payoff for dropping the Longhorn Network.

If all this conference expansion starts to take off, The Mountain West should raid whatever is left in the SouthWest, which won't be much if 4 schools go to the Pac-12 and 2 others head for the SEC as everyone seems to be predicting.

Bwahahaha. The rankings are just dumb.

AP Top 25

1.Oklahoma (36)
2.Alabama (17)
3.Oregon (4)
4.LSU (1)
5.Boise St. (2)
6.Florida St.
7.Stanford
8.Texas A&M
9.Oklahoma St.
10.Nebraska
11.Wisconsin
12.South Carolina
13.Virginia Tech
14.TCU
15.Arkansas
16.Notre Dame
17.Michigan St.
18.Ohio St.
19.Georgia
20.Mississippi St.
21.Missouri
22.Florida
23.Auburn
24.West Virginia
25.USC

USA Today

Oklahoma (42)
Alabama (13)
Oregon (2)
LSU (2)
Florida St.
Stanford
Boise St.
Oklahoma St.
Texas A&M
Wisconsin
Nebraska
South Carolina
Virginia Tech
Arkansas
TCU
Ohio St.
Michigan St.
Notre Dame
Auburn
Mississippi St.
Missouri
Georgia
Florida
Texas
Penn St.

Both still have Notre Dame ranked in the top 25. Hilarious.

I thought it was a nice opening weekend for my Sooners (basically a tune-up for Florida State). The only concern that I have with OU is their safeties. Saturday, Javon Harris gave up 3 big pass completions (2 resulted in TDs). I'm guessing he will be replaced by Proctor before the Florida State game. Other than that, the OU defense looked great, and LB Cory Nelson could be next Travis Lewis.

As for the Big-12 news, it looks like the conference is over. Ironically, Texas was the program the kept the Big-12 together. Now, they're going to be responsible for breaking up the conference with their Longhorn Network.

I think Oklahoma and Oklahoma State go the the Pac-12, Texas goes independent, and A&M and Missouri go to the SEC.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
Bwahahaha. The rankings are just dumb.

AP Top 25

1.Oklahoma (36)
2.Alabama (17)
3.Oregon (4)
4.LSU (1)
5.Boise St. (2)
6.Florida St.
7.Stanford
8.Texas A&M
9.Oklahoma St.
10.Nebraska
11.Wisconsin
12.South Carolina
13.Virginia Tech
14.TCU
15.Arkansas
16.Notre Dame
17.Michigan St.
18.Ohio St.
19.Georgia
20.Mississippi St.
21.Missouri
22.Florida
23.Auburn
24.West Virginia
25.USC

USA Today

Oklahoma (42)
Alabama (13)
Oregon (2)
LSU (2)
Florida St.
Stanford
Boise St.
Oklahoma St.
Texas A&M
Wisconsin
Nebraska
South Carolina
Virginia Tech
Arkansas
TCU
Ohio St.
Michigan St.
Notre Dame
Auburn
Mississippi St.
Missouri
Georgia
Florida
Texas
Penn St.

Both still have Notre Dame ranked in the top 25. Hilarious.

How in the hell is Oregon ahead of LSU?? What an absolute joke. :rolleyes:

^^^^

Those rankings are from last week because technically the college football weekend hasn't ended yet. Miami and Maryland have yet to play, so I'm thinking the rankings will be out tomorrow.

Yes, but I like to believe that the majority of people who watch only do it to watch them get their asses kicked.

I don't know a single ND fan, and I live in the DC area...

Going to be an interesting year. I hold with my original prediction of a one loss NC this year.... all of the top teams have at least one weakness.

is anyone besides me taking miss st serious???
Nope. Just you.

On to other more important things---

It will be interesting to see if Notre Dame goes into a tailspin or right's the ship. It will be GLORIOUS to see how far ucla falls this season :thefinger
Auburn may only win 4 games this season. Nice followup to an NC. :facepalm:

I'm really not sure that Texas even wants to join Pac12. I think the Okies and Texas Tech would LEAP at the Pac12. Therefore if no Texas who would the Pac12 approach? UNLV for Vegas market? SDSU for San Diego market? Boise State would make sense purely as a football invite, but they don't bring much to the table in other sports.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
zacly...beating georgia dont put them in the championship race in my book..im sick of these rinky dink..cupcakes if they going to throw these little corksoakers in the top 5 every year..they should have At least 5 tough games..needless to say its on...horse face helen keller and Boysie st will be in the way alllllll year...the rest of their games is a breeze..then they will take up a major bowl and get hell beat out of them..i thought i already seen this episode....:wave:

Yeah right smoker....if the Dawgs would have won you'd be beating the SEC drum as usual. Instead, they lose so Georgia sucks, right? At least you've got your argument covered either way. :1orglaugh

I'm no BSU fan but Peterson has done a tremendous job with that program any way you slice it. They are consistently good year after year without any affiliation with a BCS conference. Give 'em credit where credit's due....they came into UGA's backyard and took 'em out plain and simple. Maybe some other SEC school will have a chance to take 'em out at the end of the year. We'll see. Until then, they will be very highly ranked until or unless they happen to lose....which is entirely possible in the crazy world of college football.

Auburn may only win 4 games this season.

:rolleyes:

Auburn will win more than 4 games.

Yes, they barely have double-digit returning starters. Yes, the defense looked poor in the opener. Yes, Ted Roof is pathetic at defensive coordinator, and this year, Auburn has one of the toughest schedules in the country, but Gus Malzahn is a master at finding ways to win in tough situations. They may not be going to a BCS game this year, but mark my words, as long as they don't have any serious injuries to their few key players, Auburn will go to a bowl game.

maredsous

You avin' a laugh?
these new Maryland uniforms make the BYU uni's look like Armani suits. Hideous

i'm typically for the modern looks put out by nike and ua especially the pro-combat sets....but they've gone to far this time. maryland's new uni's this year were going to be wild enough as it is. :surprise:

I'm really not sure that Texas even wants to join Pac12. I think the Okies and Texas Tech would LEAP at the Pac12. Therefore if no Texas who would the Pac12 approach? UNLV for Vegas market? SDSU for San Diego market? Boise State would make sense purely as a football invite, but they don't bring much to the table in other sports.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I thought.
http://board.freeones.com/showpost.php?p=6039129&postcount=427

If not Texas, do you think the Pac 12 would go after the Kansas teams? Kansas brings an elite basketball program. :dunno:

How would you like to have a six team parlay alive to Miami +3 1/2 ?

Less than a minute on the clock, the score is 26 to 24 Maryland, Miami's got the ball inside the Maryland 40 driving for a possible game winning field goal or TD.

The ONLY POSSIBLE way you can lose your bet is to have an interception run back for a touchdown....

I am the unluckiest motherfucker to ever walk the planet :1orglaugh

Nope. Just you.

On to other more important things---

im not sure how long...but its been many moons since miss st was a 7 point fav. against auburn @ home..if miss st goes in to auburn and wins easily..watch them close the rest of the year if it pans out like this i see them all in the way

Yeah right smoker....if the Dawgs would have won you'd be beating the SEC drum as usual. Instead, they lose so Georgia sucks, right? At least you've got your argument covered either way. :1orglaugh

I'm no BSU fan but Peterson has done a tremendous job with that program any way you slice it. They are consistently good year after year without any affiliation with a BCS conference. Give 'em credit where credit's due....they came into UGA's backyard and took 'em out plain and simple. Maybe some other SEC school will have a chance to take 'em out at the end of the year. We'll see. Until then, they will be very highly ranked until or unless they happen to lose....which is entirely possible in the crazy world of college football.

only problem i have with boise st is they play a week lineup...i think you should play at least 5 tough games..the rest they got left is a cake walk and i know i leen toward the sec..but we both know..georgia was not in the secs best at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.