• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2010 World Cup Thread

World Cup Winner 2010

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That was about the worst officiating I have seen for years. And though I certainly did want the Netherlands to win, and I know I'm biased, I feel the calling (especially early in the game) was really in Spain's favour.

Also, why, right at the end of the game, when the free kick went off the Spanish wall, was there not a corner? Am I just being ignorant?

That was about the worst officiating I have seen for years. And though I certainly did want the Netherlands to win, and I know I'm biased, I feel the calling (especially early in the game) was really in Spain's favour.

Also, why, right at the end of the game, when the free kick went off the Spanish wall, was there not a corner? Am I just being ignorant?

You're kidding right? The biggest call of the game went in favor of the Dutch when Nigel de Jong karate kicked Xabi Alonso in the chest in the first half, and got merely a yellow card. If he gets a red there, the Dutch really have no chance. Then they probably woulda took off an attacking player for De Zeeuw, and Spain woulda had about 90 % possession and eventually knocked at least one in before the 90 were up.

You're kidding right? The biggest call of the game went in favor of the Dutch when Nigel de Jong karate kicked Xabi Alonso in the chest in the first half, and got merely a yellow card. If he gets a red there, the Dutch really have no chance. Then they probably woulda took off an attacking player for De Zeeuw, and Spain woulda had about 90 % possession and eventually knocked at least one in before the 90 were up.

I don't know why people are complaining about the ref. The Dutch played horrible today and they deserved all those yellow cards. They played like absolute thugs today. They committed reckless challenges throughout the game and were lucky that they only got nine bookings because they should have gotten more. I mean where should I start? De Jong's karate kick to Xabi's chest should have been an automatic red as he didnt even play the ball, I don't know how Van Bommel didnt get a pair because he played reckless the entire game, and the ref had no choice but to send off Heitinga after he clearly had his hands all over Iniesta's shoulder. The Dutch have only themselves to blame, not the ref.

Not ignorant....I noticed that and was wondering too.....fairly new at following football, but that did catch my eye.
I don't know why people are complaining about the ref. The Dutch played horrible today and they deserved all those yellow cards. They played like absolute thugs today. They committed reckless challenges throughout the game and were lucky that they only got nine bookings because they should have gotten more. I mean where should I start? De Jong's karate kick to Xabi's chest should have been an automatic red as he didnt even play the ball, I don't know how Van Bommel didnt get a pair because he played reckless the entire game, and the ref had no choice but to send off Heitinga after he clearly had his hands all over Iniesta's shoulder. The Dutch have only themselves to blame, not the ref.

Totally agree....again, I admit I am new to the sport, but Netherlands were all OVER Spain when it didn't really seem to be the appropriate time to be....and....agh...I forget his name, but number eight for the Dutch, early in the match....flying kick to the chest?! Really?! I tell ya, I never saw a moment in my life where I would come up off the couch yelling "You can't do that!" while watching soccer!

Overall, I think the good guys won today....congrats to Spain.

Not ignorant....I noticed that and was wondering too.....fairly new at following football, but that did catch my eye.

Totally agree....again, I admit I am new to the sport, but Netherlands were all OVER Spain when it didn't really seem to be the appropriate time to be....and....agh...I forget his name, but number eight for the Dutch, early in the match....flying kick to the chest?! Really?! I tell ya, I never saw a moment in my life where I would come up off the couch yelling "You can't do that!" while watching soccer!

Overall, I think the good guys won today....congrats to Spain.

The ref did make a mistake of not awarding a corner to the Dutch when the free kick deflected off a Spanish defender.

De Jong was the Dutch player who karate kicked Xabi Alonso in the chest as he tried to go for the ball. That was really reckless because he was nowhere close to the ball.

BAYAMONXXX

Land Of The Snakes
Congrats to Spain :hatsoff: :party:

Andrés Iniesta :bowdown: :glugglug: :bowdown:

The netherlands team played dirty (Bitches) that's why they didn't win! go smoke some marijuana to ease the pain :1orglaugh

I wanted Holland to win but Spain and Holland played very well in the world cup. Well done to Spain but I think Holland are due to win the world cup since they are a good side.

The better footballing team won. Congrats to Spain. :hatsoff:

The Dutch could have easily been down to 10 or even 9 men by the end of the first half so it's really hard to see where the complaints are coming from. If Robben had taken his chances when they came to him it might have been a completely different story.

It's not the German team who wasn't worth of the Final, it was the Final who wasn't worth of the German team :D

Imo, my favourite team was Germany. Even Bafana Bafana gets my respect, because it was fun to see them play together as a team, almost like the Germans. South Africa was a good host, better than I feared. And like our team some of the African players have a positive future. I hope they can keep it up!

tartanterrier

Is somewhere outhere.
Well done to Spain.They deserved to win as they were the better
side on the night and it was also good to see a new name on the
trophy.

But my favourite side of the tournament were Uruguay.From the
beginning I thought they were the dark horses and they went on
to prove me right and entertainely so too :thumbsup:

How Howard Webb failed to send off Nigel De Jong is beyond me, though I think that is the only big call he failed to make. I thought I was watching Wimbledon circa 1990 rather than Holland.

I'm just glad Spain won it in normal time so that we didn't have to go to the lottery of penalties.

Well done to Paul I should say :hatsoff:
90-150725-b00dd8760f94b579256caa493705842e.jpg

:1orglaugh:rofl:

They should call him as Paul Armßtrong (Armsstrong). :) His mate is also a big problem for 007 who is Octopussy. :D

:glugglug:

He's the man. :thumbsup:

The point you mention is the perfect example of the ref being inconsequent. Puyol did the same to Robben (well it was way clearer), only Robben didn't fall (normally he fall easily) and tried to score, but then the ref should still give a yellow card afterwards.

You're right about De Jong and Van Bommel though. Couldn't handle the pressure. Fauls that weren't necessary (in the middle of the playfield).

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Congrats to Spain!:thumbsup: Now let's thump LeBron.:fight: I mean Dan Gilbert.:crash: I mean George Steinbrenner.:fight: Oh, wait...not George. He's dead.:angels: