• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa qualification

go Spurs!!!!!
Unless they are playing Everton. Except under the following conditions:

if Spurs win and Everton lose - Everton do not get relegated, but if Spurs win and Everton lose, Liverpool do not then make the top four and go bankrupt and are either forced onto the streets as male prostitutes or to take jobs in womens shoes a la Al Bundy.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
My friend is uber-excited that Greece stamped their tickets to South Africa today. Can't really share his enthusiasm, though.

I think if FIFA had any balls they would mandate a replay of France v Ireland. I am a French fan, Domenech hater, and the way France went through is appalling. There is simply too much money and pressure to NOT have this game replayed so that we get a fair result.

Instant replay of all goals needs to be introduced at the World Cup level. Again, there is too much money in the World Cup to NOT have as perfect a result as possible.

It is a sad day fror French football SACRE BLEU!!!

I never was a fan of Ireland national team, but the shit that happened this week is just extremely fucked up.
If I were an Irish guy, I would probably attempt to murder this asshole referee. One of the most crying injustice in the history of football! Ireland deserved to qualify, and they deserved a victory over France.

fucking shame!

feller469

Moving to a trailer in Fife, AL.
no victory is guaranteed. Ireland could have lost in the rest of OT or on PKs.

Ireland lost to out to cheating but there is no way of knowing if either team would have scored in extra time or who would have won on pens.

The referee made a howler which ultimately cost the Irish a shot, however the game should not be replayed as it would open up a huge can of worms in which teams will demand a re-match for every howler a ref makes in a game they lose.

I do feel that Henry should be punished.

om3ga

It's good to be the king...
Ireland lost to out to cheating but there is no way of knowing if either team would have scored in extra time or who would have won on pens.

The referee made a howler which ultimately cost the Irish a shot, however the game should not be replayed as it would open up a huge can of worms in which teams will demand a re-match for every howler a ref makes in a game they lose.

I do feel that Henry should be punished.

The way our press is going on, if I was Henry I'd take the Long Walk into the Cursed Earth....:(

It's like Eduardo & N'Gog combined...

thinking of the whole shit, once again I came to the conclusion
that I do not understand those who say that "video replays are against the spirit of the game"
what the fuck are they talking about? :confused:
do goals like the one scored by France represent this spirit? if so, I'd say: fuck this spirit!

the video replay might solve a lot of problems, and prevent such a crazy injustice like the one happened in France - Ireland game.

It doesn't take a lof of time to see a replay. The more so, when the game is translated live on tv. 4-th referee can simply watch the game, and use their fucking walkie-talkie - or whatever they use to communicate with the ref on the pitch - and tell him whether it was a penalty, fair goal, etc..

It is the question of few additional minutes, sometimes even seconds.

tartanterrier

Is somewhere outhere.
I think Henry is guaranteed a place for next summer just for the
entertainment he'll bring to the WC.By being the "bad boy" :)

If someone like Maradona did it on a WC final and he's worshiped... Doubt they will do anything to him. Maybe 1-2 games.

The only place they will hate him is Ireland.

om3ga

I say ban Henry from the World Cup........

He cheated. End of story.

I was livid at Eric Cantona's declaration that had he been an Irish footballer, he would have "thumped" Henry.
Henry cheated, but he never launched a 'kung-fu' kick at a football fan like Cantona did:

And Cantona now has the frickin' NERVE to pass moral judgement?

om3ga

I say ban Henry from the World Cup........

Sorry - I ran out of time before responding to your comment.

Banning Henry would be opening a very large can of worms.
If we're going to ban players for deliberate handball, then why stop there? Why not ban footballers for the following:
  • Diving
  • Winning a free kick when there wasn't a foul
  • Getting away with a foul
  • Appealling for a throw on when the ball actually touched you last
  • Playing on - even though the ball went out of play
  • Pulling your opponent's shirt
  • Moving the ball forward at a free kick
  • Impeding a runner on a corner
  • Claiming a goal when the ball didn't cross the line

We see the above (and other forms of deception) all the time at football matches - these are also blatant attempts to win a match by cheating.

(no wonder Americans think "Soccer" sucks)

If we're going to ban players for deliberate handball, then why stop there? Why not ban footballers for the following:
  • Diving

We see the above (and other forms of deception) all the time at football matches - these are also blatant attempts to win a match by cheating.

There's cheating and/or controversy on american sports too. From spying on other teams like Bill Belichick to the whole steroids scandal on the MLB (Which also applies to the NFL).

• Diving

They already ban players in Mexico for diving to get game deciding penalties... Happened to Matias Vuoso week 2 of the Apertura.......He dove, his team got the penalty and won 1-0...Vuoso got suspended for week three.

I guess what really upsets me is that Henry is now trying to cover up by asking for a replay knowing dang well that there will never be one.....He's a cheat and in my mind(and many others I believe) he will always be a cheat.

om3ga

They already ban players in Mexico for diving to get game deciding penalties... Happened to Matias Vuoso week 2 of the Apertura.......He dove, his team got the penalty and won 1-0...Vuoso got suspended for week three.

I guess what really upsets me is that Henry is now trying to cover up by asking for a replay knowing dang well that there will never be one.....He's a cheat and in my mind(and many others I believe) he will always be a cheat.

Henry cheated: yes
His reputation is tarnished: yes
Henry will always be a cheat - we don't know what the future holds.

Apparently Henry is getting crucified in the French press. So be it - he will have to face the consequences of his actions with his fellow countrymen.

But as for the reaction in the UK: God help us if an England player does something similar in next year's WC finals.

For example: if one searched the internet, you'll see claims that Gary Lineker dived for the penalty that allowed England to eliminate Cameroon in Italy 1990! The following comment was made on one website:

this proves what hypocrites english are. they dive like everyone else

As I stated in my previous post, I fear our moral indignation could put us in deep doggy-doo...:2 cents: