• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2005 NFL season

Morlock

Banned
I'm not enough of a fan to make predictions, so I'll make wishes.

1) Terrel Owens dies of his injuries after being gang-raped for 24 hours.

2) The Eagles lose every game.

3) Actually, I dunno about #2, since it was sooooo much fun to watch them walk away without any rings again last season.

4) Given 3 & 4, I guess my real wish is that they don't win the superbowl.

I...hate...the...Eagles. In fact, I hate the Eagles more than I like any other team. In fact, I enjoy watching the Eagles lose more than I enjoy watching my team win.

What's the best thing about hating the Eagles? I get to cheer for a new team every week of course!

I don't understand how you guys think that the Rams are a good team. We were horrible last year and picked up a bunch of washed up vets to "improve" our already sad defense. All we have is Tory Holt and Steven Jackson. Issac bruce has heart problems and failed a physical the first time around. I seriously question his productivity this year. Marc bulger throws way to many interceptions but I don't know if its because of him or if its because our idiot of a coach.

Unfortunatley I have to say that the Cardinals will take the NFC west. They made some huge moves in the offseason and already have a very solid recieving core. I love the pick up of Kurt Warner. He was a great leader for us here and I hope he does great in the upcomming season. They made improvements to defense and also picked up a solid runningback in the draft. Also they have a great coach in Dennis Green... A proven winner.

The seachickens also made big improvements. They kept the big 3 (hassleback, walter jones and alexander) and picked up some good free agents (Jamie Sharper, Andre Dyson and Jerome Pathon). Rumors is that they are trying to sign Peter Boulware also. Peter Boulware is likely to sign with them since his brother is on the team. If PB sign with seattle then the seahawks have a good chance on taking the division but, until they show that their receiving core has improved I am predicting that they finish 3rd in the division behind us.

Last edited:
jaysfrontier64 said:
Doomsdayhunter, you get my offical george thumbs up! Any more insight for this season?

Well, sure. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. I'm always happy to answer questions.

Malcom Sex said:
I don't understand how you guys think that the Rams are a good team. We were horrible last year and picked up a bunch of washed up vets to "improve" our already sad defense. All we have is Tory Holt and Steven Jackson. Issac bruce has heart problems and failed a physical the first time around. I seriously question his productivity this year. Marc bulger throws way to many interceptions but I don't know if its because of him or if its because our idiot of a coach.

Unfortunatley I have to say that the Cardinals will take the NFC west. They made some huge moves in the offseason and already have a very solid recieving core. I love the pick up of Kurt Warner. He was a great leader for us here and I hope he does great in the upcomming season. They made improvements to defense and also picked up a solid runningback in the draft. Also they have a great coach in Dennis Green... A proven winner.

The seachickens also made big improvements. They kept the big 3 (hassleback, walter jones and alexander) and picked up some good free agents (Jamie Sharper, Andre Dyson and Jerome Pathon). Rumors is that they are trying to sign Peter Boulware also. Peter Boulware is likely to sign with them since his brother is on the team. If PB sign with seattle then the seahawks have a good chance on taking the division but, until they prove that their receiving core has improve I am predicting that they finish 3rd in the division behind us.

I'll give you some reasons why the Rams will come out on top of the NFC West.
The Rams defense, while average at best, only needs to stop opponents SOME of the time to win. Their offense is centered around speed. Steven Jackson is one of the best north/south runners in the NFL (his style is such that once he makes the first defender miss, it's tough to bring him down because he's always going straight ahead. The WR's are solid, and you'll get positive contributions from Torry Holt, Dane Looker, and Kevin Curtis regardless of whether Isaac Bruce plays or not. If you break down the Rams defense, it's not that bad. DE Leonard Little is one of the better pass-rushers in the NFL, the LB core is excellent with Chris Claiborne, Dexter Coakley, Robert Thomas, and Pisa Tinoisamoa. The CB's in the secondary are a little weak, but with S Adam Archuleta behind them, they won't give up too much deep.
The Cardinals will be the NFC's breakout team, but their defense is not ready to contend for a division title yet. The offense is strong with QB Kurt Warner under center, RB Marcal Shipp in the backfield, and WR's Anquan Boldin, Larry Fitsgerald, and Bryant Johnson catching passes. The problems sit on defense. The front seven of the team are anemic and short on depth. DT Wendell Bryant is the team's best pass-rusher, and he's in a position that doesn't pass-rush mostly. He's a better run-stopper than pass-rusher. That's why they have him at DT instead of DE. LB James Darling is the best of the LB's, and he gets no help. This team's savior on defense comes in the form of S Adrian Wilson. Luckily, he'll have some help from new CB Antrel Rolle, but this team gives up rushing yards in bunches. If you play ball control football (i.e. run the ball, control the clock, play keep-away), the Cardinals stand a serious chance of losing.
Seattle is trying to gear up for another division crown, but QB Matt Hasselbeck has no one of good worth to throw to. WR Darrell Jackson leads receivers in "Seattle Syndrome" (the ability to drop a pass thrown directly to the chest or hands), WR Koren Robinson is off the team, WR Jerome Pathon has gotten grief from coaches of previous teams for his poor route-running, WR Bobby Ingram is Darrell Jackson Jr., with worse hands and less speed, and TE Itula Mili can catch passes, but is horrible at pass and run blocking. On defense, DE Grant Wistrom is the only pass-rusher they have. I will admit they have good linebackers in Niko Koutouvides and Jamie Sharper. They also have a top 5 secondary in CB's Marcus Trufant and Kelly Herndon (Andre Dyson will be the nickle CB), FS Michael Boulware and SS Ken Hamlin. The Seahawks downfall will be their scheduling. Even though they only finished 9-7, they were division champs, which means they get a division champs schedule this year. Games against Dallas, Indianapolis, Philadelphia, and Atlanta will hurt. Arizona wasn't spared either. They get Philadelphia, Indianapolis, Detroit, Dallas, and Atlanta. St. Louis will have to face Philadelphia and Indianapolis as well, plus they'll face Minnesota, but avoid Atlanta. I'd rather face Minnesota than Atlanta (even though both will be division chanps this year). Arizona and Seattle face 5 possible 10 win teams that aren't in the division. St. Louis only faces four. I'm willing to bet that's the one game St. Louis wins the division by.

Watching NFL Live right now and they just confirmed everything I said. Rams suck and you all are idiots.

*edit* ok ok I shouldnt take out my anger on you folks. But like I said.... The Rams suck.

*edit2* the seaclucks also signed our other DE in the offseason in Bryce Fisher. He had 8 sacks last year. I just checked out their WR's and it looks liek they picked up Joe Vicious too from Tampa Bay. Joe Vicious was great in Tampa... Anyone remember the pass he cought against philly? He's 6'5 with proven good hands.... but his health is questionable.

Last edited:
Actually doomsdayhuner, Dallas isn't so thin a RB.
Because Julius was logging so many carries at the end of the season we made a couple of moves and got the former Bear A-Train Anthony Thomas and drafted a young talented (and very underrated if you've ever seen him play) RB from Min. named Marion Barber.
With those additions it should help Julius from getting worn down or injured, and if he does, we still have a good RB right behind him.
As for the right side of our offensive line... well great progress has yet to be seen.

Lucky said:
Actually doomsdayhuner, Dallas isn't so thin a RB.
Because Julius was logging so many carries at the end of the season we made a couple of moves and got the former Bear A-Train Anthony Thomas and drafted a young talented (and very underrated if you've ever seen him play) RB from Min. named Marion Barber.
With those additions it should help Julius from getting worn down or injured, and if he does, we still have a good RB right behind him.
As for the right side of our offensive line... well great progress has yet to be seen.

Very good insight.
Rep for you.
So Dallas has more depth at RB than I thought...nevertheless, it's still not enough to overtake Philadelphia in the NFC East. They still should be the top wild card, in the #5 spot.

WSLer

Banned
Re: Arizona as the NFC's breakout team.

BWahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :1orglaugh :1orglaugh :1orglaugh :1orglaugh

That's rich.

With the possible exception of Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sperling, the Arizona Cardinals have the absolute worst owner in team sports.

Rick Reilly did a piece on both the team and the owner in this week's Sports Illustrated.

Kurt Warner is decent but he is by no means the savior. He did jack for the Giants and they had comparable talent.

Plus the Cardinals now have the ugliest uniforms in the NFL.

They will suck pus encrusted donkey cock as usual this season.

T.O. manages to prove once and for all that he is the biggest shitbag in the NFL, far out-eclipsing Randy Moss, who gets a ton of undeserved bad press. At least Moss isn't always bleating about how "It's all about T.O.!!!! Jeff Garcia is a faggot!!!! Jeff Garcia is a faggot!!! Jeff Garcia is a faggot!!!! I wasn't the one who got tired at the end of the Super Bowl!!!!!

Funny how no team has rushed out and signed Freddie Mitchell. Buttfucker can't back up his weak smack, and now look at his ass. Take your pimp fur coat over to the Arena Football League, ScumQueen.

New England remains The team to beat. Until they get beaten in the playoffs they are still the best team in football and Tom Brady is the best quarterback in football.

Payton Manning is way overhyped. So he broke the record for touchdown passes in a season, he only broke it by one . That's hardly a great accomplishment.

And he hasn't done shit in the playoffs except get his ass, cock and nutsack handed to him by the Patriots.

Terrell Owens has yet to catch a meaningful touchdown pass in his career and it will remain that way as he alienates the quarterbacks on his team. But on the Eagles, he will not oust Donovan McNabb. I predict the cancerous TO will be traded by at least mid-season; I hope that they deal him, because I have a feeling that TO will play "good team-mate" until crucial moments and then drop the ball, blaming McNabb.

The Satyr Icon

Hello all. I'm new here
and Freddie Mitchell was signed over a month ago by the Chiefs.

I agree with alot of what was said, but here is my opinion.

The Eagles
T.O did great at the super bowl considering his ankel injury... he had 122 receiving yards
I hate T.O and the Eagles, but if Brett Farve had of played with an injury like that and put up good numbers, everyone would have been sucking his dick
Honestly, I believe the Eagles are not within reach of a superbowl victory, considering the lack of a running game. A great passing game depends on a solid running game.
Westbrook is a receiver who lines up at runningback. He had 73 receptions for the season, and Pinkston only had 36. An example of how much this hurts them was when the patriots were using a 2-5 formation in the superbowl.

The Cardinals
For a team who lost twice to the 49ers, the Cardinals have not improved enough to win the NFC west. The Rams suck, but they're better than the Cardinals

The Panthers
They lost 2 pro bowlers this offseason... but considering they went 6 and 2 in the final 8 games wtih 9 players on the IR, they're a really solid team.
Steve Smith will replace muhammed as the go to guy, and Rod Gardner will fit nicely on the other side, with Keary Colbert playing the slot.
There is alot of depth at running back. They have an improved the O-line with Pro Bowler Mike Wahle
Ken Lucas joined a struggling secondary as did Idrees Bashir and Marlon McCree. Not to mention their first round draft pick. So their weakpoint became a strong point.
Disagree if you want, but i think they're a much better team than last year.
The Falcons are the biggest problem. But I don't see why everyone thinks they're are going to lose. The last game they played against atlanta went into overtime.
I think they'll take the NFC south or atleast make the playoffs if they can stay healthy. But I'm a Panther fan, so my opinion is biased.

Last edited:
I think the NFC will be the divison to watch. I would love to see Green bay lose to the bears and brett farve give his speech way they played so crappy.

Attachments

• positive10.jpg
    positive10.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 88

WSLer

Banned
TheSatyrIcon said:
Terrell Owens has yet to catch a meaningful touchdown pass in his career and it will remain that way as he alienates the quarterbacks on his team. The Satyr Icon

Well, there is that TD pass he caught against the Packers on the last play of the game a few years back, when Steve Young was still the quarterback.

Re: Freddie Mitchell.

So he was picked up by the Cheifs last month.

He was released by the Eagles back in February/March. Doesn't say very muich in his favor that he hung around utterly unwanted and unclaimed for over 4 months, now does it?

prelyt said:
Hello all. I'm new here
and Freddie Mitchell was signed over a month ago by the Chiefs.

I agree with alot of what was said, but here is my opinion.

The Eagles
T.O did great at the super bowl considering his ankel injury... he had 122 receiving yards
I hate T.O and the Eagles, but if Brett Farve had of played with an injury like that and put up good numbers, everyone would have been sucking his dick
Honestly, I believe the Eagles are not within reach of a superbowl victory, considering the lack of a running game. A great passing game depends on a solid running game.
Westbrook is a receiver who lines up at runningback. He had 73 receptions for the season, and Pinkston only had 36. An example of how much this hurts them was when the patriots were using a 2-5 formation in the superbowl.

The Cardinals
For a team who lost twice to the 49ers, the Cardinals have not improved enough to win the NFC west. The Rams suck, but they're better than the Cardinals

The Panthers
They lost 2 pro bowlers this offseason... but considering they went 6 and 2 in the final 8 games wtih 9 players on the IR, they're a really solid team.
Steve Smith will replace muhammed as the go to guy, and Rod Gardner will fit nicely on the other side, with Keary Colbert playing the slot.
There is alot of depth at running back. They have an improved the O-line with Pro Bowler Mike Wahle
Ken Lucas joined a struggling secondary as did Idrees Bashir and Marlon McCree. Not to mention their first round draft pick. So their weakpoint became a strong point.
Disagree if you want, but i think they're a much better team than last year.
The Falcons are the biggest problem. But I don't see why everyone thinks they're are going to lose. The last game they played against atlanta went into overtime.
I think they'll take the NFC south or atleast make the playoffs if they can stay healthy. But I'm a Panther fan, so my opinion is biased.

Several things...
1 Great thought on Terrell Owens and playing injured. If Brett Favre did something like that, I'm sure someone in Freeones would create a "Brett Favre is god" thread.
2 Same agreement on the Cardinals.
3 I'll give Carolina this: I probably underestimated them a lot, in the fact that I put New Orleans and Tampa Bay ahead of them, and they will be healthy this year but, they still haven't beat Michael Vick. Whenever he's been on the field, the Panthers have not won. They're 0-4 vs. Vick. Sure, the last one went into OT, but winning by one point is the same as winning by 30. It's still a win.
4 And BTW, welcome to Freeones. :)

WSLer said:
Re: Arizona as the NFC's breakout team.

BWahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :1orglaugh :1orglaugh :1orglaugh :1orglaugh

That's rich.

With the possible exception of Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sperling, the Arizona Cardinals have the absolute worst owner in team sports.

Rick Reilly did a piece on both the team and the owner in this week's Sports Illustrated.

Kurt Warner is decent but he is by no means the savior. He did jack for the Giants and they had comparable talent.

Plus the Cardinals now have the ugliest uniforms in the NFL.

They will suck pus encrusted donkey cock as usual this season.

T.O. manages to prove once and for all that he is the biggest shitbag in the NFL, far out-eclipsing Randy Moss, who gets a ton of undeserved bad press. At least Moss isn't always bleating about how "It's all about T.O.!!!! Jeff Garcia is a faggot!!!! Jeff Garcia is a faggot!!! Jeff Garcia is a faggot!!!! I wasn't the one who got tired at the end of the Super Bowl!!!!!

Funny how no team has rushed out and signed Freddie Mitchell. Buttfucker can't back up his weak smack, and now look at his ass. Take your pimp fur coat over to the Arena Football League, ScumQueen.

New England remains The team to beat. Until they get beaten in the playoffs they are still the best team in football and Tom Brady is the best quarterback in football.

Payton Manning is way overhyped. So he broke the record for touchdown passes in a season, he only broke it by one . That's hardly a great accomplishment.

And he hasn't done shit in the playoffs except get his ass, cock and nutsack handed to him by the Patriots.

Several more things...
1 BTW, there are teams that continue to win or improve, despite poor management or uniforms. Take the Cincinnati Bengals, Ottawa Senators of the NHL, and those same Los Angeles Clippers you mentioned (they won more games than the Lakers.)
2 As for Freddie Mitchell, you forgot the World Heavyweight Title he carries with him.
3 Tom Brady as the best quarterback in football? I'll concede top 5, maybe even best 3. If you stuck several other quarterbacks in that same setup with the same receivers, and defense backing them up, there are guys that would put up monster numbers. Brady threw for 3700 yds. (3692 to be exact), 28 TD's, and 14 INT's. Daunte Culpepper threw for 4700 yds. (4717 to be exact, 39 TD's, and 11 INT's, with nowhere near the receiving depth, running game, or defense that Brady had. Heck, Matt Hasselbeck threw for 3400 yds. (3382 to be exact), 22 TD's, and 15 INT's, doesn't have the support that Brady does, AND his receivers led the league in most drops. I could rattle off quarterbacks that have similar numbers, yet less options and support that Brady has. In other words, Brady is a product of the system in which he is placed in. His reputation as a QB goes to Bill Belichick and Charlie Weis. You could stick any above-average QB in that scheme and they would go berzerk. The Patriots scheme is similar to what Denver has for RB's...you have no choice but to succeed.
4 Peyton Manning is not overhyped. His only knocks are performances in high-pressure situations, and his lack of mobility. Performance-wise, he's strong and he'll break through to that next level. It almost reminds me of when Steve Young, before he broke through. Put it this way. Peyton Manning and Tom Brady play offense with equally similar players (top notch RB's, deep WR units) and check the numbers. Exactly. Their only difference, is that Tom Brady has reached that breakthrough point as a player, but Peyton Manning hasn't yet. Wait till he does. It'll be scary.

WSLer

Banned
doomsdayhunter said:
Several more things...

3 Tom Brady as the best quarterback in football? I'll concede top 5, maybe even best 3. If you stuck several other quarterbacks in that same setup with the same receivers, and defense backing them up, there are guys that would put up monster numbers. In other words, Brady is a product of the system in which he is placed in. His reputation as a QB goes to Bill Belichick and Charlie Weis. You could stick any above-average QB in that scheme and they would go berzerk. The Patriots scheme is similar to what Denver has for RB's...you have no choice but to succeed.
4 Peyton Manning is not overhyped. His only knocks are performances in high-pressure situations, and his lack of mobility.

I've heard that "You could stick any quarterback into the Patriots system and the results would be exactly the same.

Oh really?

How many Super Bowls did Drew Bledsoe lead the Patriots to under that system?

Zero.

Zip.

None.

If that "you can stick any quarterback into the system" arguement had any basis in reality, then the 49ers could have signed Danny Wuerfful and he'd have led them to the Super Bowl under the West Coast Offense.

What a bunch of crap.

The system has nothing to do with it.

It's how the quarterback relates to the rest of his team and whether they accept him as a leader or not.

How many Super Bowl MVP's have Daunte Culpepper, Payton Manning and Matt Hasselback won?

Oh that's right, none of them have even gotten to the Super Bowl.

And as far as the Patriots having superior receivers then the Vikings last year, please.

Randy Moss is head and shoulders above the rest of the receivers in the NFL.

Period.

Payton Manning's only knocks are performance in high-pressure situations.

In other words he's a pussy who can't be counted on when there are 90 seconds left to play, you are down by 5 points and the ball is on your own 1 yard line.

Tom Brady doesn't have that problem as witness the playoff game against the Raiders back in 2002 and the final drive against the Rams in Super Bowl XXXVI.

Manning always has been and always will be a pussy who folds in the big games.

He never got it done in college.

He never even came close to beating Florida and Tennessee only won a national championship after he left.

Since he hasn't done it yet, he never will get it done in the pros.

Og, Fran Tarkenton is better then manning, 'cause at last Tarkenton got his teams to 3 Super Bowls.

Manning can't even get his team to one.

WSLer said:
I've heard that "You could stick any quarterback into the Patriots system and the results would be exactly the same.

Oh really?

Zero.

Zip.

None.

If that "you can stick any quarterback into the system" arguement had any basis in reality, then the 49ers could have signed Danny Wuerfful and he'd have led them to the Super Bowl under the West Coast Offense.

What a bunch of crap.

It's how the quarterback relates to the rest of his team and whether they accept him as a leader or not.

How many Super Bowl MVP's have Daunte Culpepper, Payton Manning and Matt Hasselback won?

And as far as the Patriots having superior receivers then the Vikings last year, please.

Period.

In other words he's a pussy who can't be counted on when there are 90 seconds left to play, you are down by 5 points and the ball is on your own 1 yard line.

Tom Brady doesn't have that problem as witness the playoff game against the Raiders back in 2002 and the final drive against the Rams in Super Bowl XXXVI.

He never even came close to beating Florida and Tennessee only won a national championship after he left.

Og, Fran Tarkenton is better then manning, 'cause at last Tarkenton got his teams to 3 Super Bowls.

Bledsoe didn't play under the same system Brady does. When Bledsoe was injured, and Brady stepped in, they made tons of variations that were kept in the next season when Brady stepped into the starting role, and note...I said above-average QB, Bledsoe is average at best.
Daunte Culpepper, Peyton Manning, and Matt Hasselbeck haven't played on teams that have Patriots caliber defense. If they did, one of the three would have won a title by now.
And yes the Patriots have a deeper WR core than the Vikings did last year. You have Randy Moss (a league elite), and then Nate Burleson and Marcus Robinson. Burleson is a #2 receiver at best. Robinson in his prime was a #1 receiver, but not now. The Patriots have Bethel Johnson, Troy Brown (good enough to play CB), David Givens, and Deion Branch.
Peyton Manning, in time, will lead a team to the Super Bowl. But just because he hasn't doesn't make him a pussy. That's just an opinionated remark with no fact or statistical data to corroborate it.
As educated fans, we have to step above the "he's a pussy" comment.
We all are better than that.

WSLer said:

Oh really?

Zero.

Zip.

None.

What a bunch of crap.

Period.

See bold, Trent Dilfer is the only one i can think of a system QB, the system was dont throw interceptions and allow the defense to win, See Ravens Superbowl win... just my :2 cents: Otherwise great posts gang! :glugglug:

Preseason has started and Green Bay snuck out with a win. Does this mean anything? Will it mean anything? What do u peeps think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Woah, this guy is really losing his head over this !! :D