• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

X-Men 3 News

bout fuckin time.

I heard Patrick Stewart being interviewed a few weeks ago, he mentioned that he had received the script but wouldn't divulge anything about it.
I don't think a change of director will affect the film too much (I hope!), as long as most of the main stars are there, I think it will be a good 'un.

I'm amused by Halle Berry's quote from that site.... 'I have not read the script. All I have asked, is that if I come back as Storm, she need to be closer to the comic book. So, if they have in fact written her closer to the comic book character, then I'm in. If not, I'm out. I hope I'm in though. I love Storm, and really want to be part of the last film
Try reading the script pet... you might actually find out.

I'm not 100% sure she knows how much 'closer' Storm should be to the comic books... more like 'give me a bigger part or I'm off'

I think the film could survive with a different actress.. if she should pull out

Director will be Matthew Vaughn (who??)... lifetime of grief coming his way if he fucks it up!

Brino

Banned
tunsty said:
I think the film could survive with a different actress.. if she should pull out

I heard that if Halle turns down the role then they will just write Storm out of the script and film.

E

eschnabel

I can't believe there is going to be a different director! :mad: Hollywood makes two block buster movies and decides that a third movie needs to be made with or with out the vision, style, or direction of the original director. To me, the director is just as important as the title actors when it comes to sequels. Not to say no one else could do it, just won't be the same :(
On the plus side, well get to see The Phoenix and, since Night Crawler turned out pretty cool, I'll be interested in what they do with Beast. Hoping also to see Iceman finally mature and kick butt! :D

I agree, usually when the director is different the movie loses its touch.

eschnabel said:
I can't believe there is going to be a different director! :mad: Hollywood makes two block buster movies and decides that a third movie needs to be made with or with out the vision, style, or direction of the original director. To me, the director is just as important as the title actors when it comes to sequels. Not to say no one else could do it, just won't be the same :(
On the plus side, well get to see The Phoenix and, since Night Crawler turned out pretty cool, I'll be interested in what they do with Beast. Hoping also to see Iceman finally mature and kick butt! :D

Hollywood didn't decide anything. The director wanted to do another movie (Superman) and couldn't do X-Men 3 too. You also can't wait too long between sequels so Hollywood was forced to select a new director.

tjay said:
I agree, usually when the director is different the movie loses its touch.

I know you said 'usually', and your point is valid, but I was very happy with Harry Potter 3 and it had a new director. Also check out The Road Warrior and The Empire Strikes Back as good examples of when a new director does a sequel.

eschnabel said:

I'm more interested in seeing if they give Colossus a bit more 'screen time' than what they do with Beast. In X-Men 2 he (Colossus) was only shown in metal form for a whole 3 seconds, and when he was in human form i'm pretty sure i heard an american accent from a character that originates from russia in the few words he spoke

Phil77

Banned
Kinda sucks that Bryan Singer chose to do Superman over X-men 3, but if the original cast is back and they stay true to the series, it should still be good.

I still think there is no business making yet another Superman movie, especially after all the problems trying to get it made anyway. By now I am sure no one gives a damn. I know I don't.

BigNikkiFan said:
So, does Famke Janssen return????

I hope so... I've had a 'thing' for her ever since she was in Goldeneye.. :thumbsup:

BigNikkiFan said:
So, does Famke Janssen return????

apparently she will return as dark phoenix, since jean grey died(?) in the second film:
http://filmforce.ign.com/x-men/articles/578/578581p1.html
no worries, if she does not return (which is unlikely since she appears to have a juicy role in X-3, she may jumpship to superman return:
http://filmforce.ign.com/x-men/articles/586/586134p1.html
http://www.efavata.com/CBM/Xmen3.htm
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0376994/fullcredits
http://www.xmenfilms.net/cast.html

it is too early in pre-production for certainties though

Last edited:

BNF

Ex-SuperMod
tunsty said:
I hope so... I've had a 'thing' for her ever since she was in Goldeneye.. :thumbsup:

:yesyes: Exactly when I fell for her too... :yummie:

More on topic, I was pleasantly surprised how good X2 was, I hope that X3 maintains the quality.

james marsden says he isint returning for x-3 ( cyclops has a small role anyway) its also said the beast and angel will have heavy roles in the third film, with gambit having a small role, id gladly trade beast out for gambit ....anyway im curious to see how Angel And beast would be heavy charecters involving a pheonix story..also i read somewhere halle berry talking about storm saying "id love to a part of the last film" or something to that affect....does that mean x-3 is the last xmen film...... sure hope not!

asgood said:
james marsden says he isn't returning for x-3

Thats a shame, I thought he was decent enough in the part.. though I always imagined Cyclops to have a physique closer to Wolverine's.. perhaps a change of actor wouldn't be too bad.

darkwarrior3007 said:
i'm with you on seeing gambit over beast. i'd like to see if gambit has to fight iceman for rogue.
I would imagine that if beast is in there, he would have to be CGI... It would have to be bang-on convincing though.

BTW.. I wonder if Rogue will finally get Miss Marvel's Powers.. like in the comics ( Not that I'm so knowledgeable.. I gather that was what happened.. correct me if I'm wrong)

Last edited:

Brino

Banned
asgood said:
james marsden says he isint returning for x-3

That's Ok, with the eyepiece that cyclops wears you could probably bring in another actor with little noticable difference.