• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!
Breaking: WWE Diva & Ring Announcer Released From WWE
by Nick Paglino
Nov 25, 2009

Several readers have sent in word that ECW ring announcer Lauren Mayhew's profile has been removed from WWE.com's Divas section and ECW section. PWInsider.com is now reporting that Mayhew is now officially done with WWE, and her contract with the company was a limited, short term deal.

The parting between Mayhew and WWE was amicable, however, and it's being said that the door is open for the two sides to potentially work together again in the future.

Tony Chimel filled in for all of the announcing duties on last night's edition of ECW.

icerfan

Nikkala made me do it!
To new business, the Gold Standard is finally on his way to some gold (or silver, since it's ECW belt). About damn time he get to star in a match at a PPV.
I'd love to see them give Shelton and Christian enough time to tear the house down, which we all know they're full capable of doing ... but you know WWE, God forbid anyone shows up the headliners. :crash:

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Not to face Cena. Though Kofi is hot right now, he should continue his fued with Orton and finish it @ TLC pay-per-view. Sheamus is a monster heel and he has to prove himself against a champion. I do wish it was Swagger instead since he's been ECW champ and Sheamus pretty much still new.

My problem with it is that he isn't over with the crowd.

Remember when they put Gene Snitsky in the main event of Survivor Series? Remember how he main evented after that? I don't.

So did I just witness that? Batista (now the strong and silent type...what a character reach) is now the #1 contender? Just when I thought they'd smartened up in the WWE by giving Shaemus a "chance" against Cena, they put the same ol' same ol' hack back in the pole position.
Yes, by my quotes I am inferring that Shaemus has no chance whatsoever. I mean, it is Cena for crying out loud. He doesn't lose unless he gets run over by a tank first, and only if the tank had a steel chair. But at least they might do some buys on the next PPV or (gasp!) develop a character...
SmackDown! itself was decent. I am hoping the Cryme Tyme/ Hart Dynasty feud is finally resolved, but I liked the repackaging of Festus, and even Batista/ Kane didn't bore me to tears.
Can't um, wait for TLC...

I'd love to see them give Shelton and Christian enough time to tear the house down, which we all know they're full capable of doing ... but you know WWE, God forbid anyone shows up the headliners. :crash:

Yeah, EC dub barely represented at all in the SS PPV. Terrible. Either fold the division and give the stars the work they need on the big two, or give ECW some time to shine. They seem to consistently throw out some of the best matches, yet are buried in the background.
Exactly how long to they plan on "punishing" Christian for going to TNA anyway? It's time for a SmackDown! run. Let Shelton have the gold...

jusnelldem

Closed Account
Smackdown was a little weak after a really good RAW this week. I do like the new direction for Festus, however after his alliance with Punk is over he'll end up like Bull Buchanan or Jesus (w/Carlito). Cena vs Taker would be cool and is probably needed to push Cena further and for Taker to bow out at the end of 2010. At this point I try not to pay attention to the "rumors", they're fun and get your imagination running wild but they're hardly ever true.
BTW you guys are awesome. You're smarter marks than the WWE Universe.

Smackdown was a little weak after a really good RAW this week. I do like the new direction for Festus, however after his alliance with Punk is over he'll end up like Bull Buchanan or Jesus (w/Carlito). Cena vs Taker would be cool and is probably needed to push Cena further and for Taker to bow out at the end of 2010. At this point I try not to pay attention to the "rumors", they're fun and get your imagination running wild but they're hardly ever true.
BTW you guys are awesome. You're smarter marks than the WWE Universe.

Thanx! This is th ebest place to talk wrestling. I LOVED seeing Sheamus punk out Cena, even if he is a little green. but, it is nice to see someone new in the ME> yes, i know cena won't do the job.

Batista vs. Taker, though... I mean who the fuck cares?!

I thought Smackdown was terrible The segment the stuff w/ Vicki and her "man" was fucking unwatchable.

yea? well he better get back to wwe sooner than later and get into shape...wrestling shape! or it wont be worth it.

2 months till the rumble and about 5 months till mania. He should be ok.

With a rumor like this you kinda wonder if they're trying to get Rock in the HOF.

Could be, kill 2 birds with 1 stone, in a positive way of course.

Vince wants that money money yea yea!

If done right then vince gonna be cakin in

Kinda looked to me like they were pushing Cena/Taker with the Tombstone on RAW 2 weeks ago. Roughly the same way they started the Michaels feud, maybe a little less subtle.

Yea i heard they have been talking about cena taker for several months now, but it was the "mabie its time the rock guest hosted raw" that could have had the creative thinking some more. Plus the rock said he would really like to come back and not just host a show he said. Its in the Es hands.

Your right, they could have Cena vs Taker and HBK vs Rock. But we know how vince's eyes will light up at the possiblity of Cena vs Rock.

Report: Major Details Behind Why WWE is Pushing New Talent
by Nick Paglino
Nov 28, 2009

The Wrestling Observer is reporting that the reason why Kofi Kingston is getting such a big push right now is because WWE officials feel that the company needs an African-American baby face towards the top of the card. After several other talents that were selected for the spot didn't work out the way the company had hoped, the decision was made to give Kingston the big push.

It's also being reported that Jack Swagger's push has been slowed down, and possibly even halted, as WWE officials feel that he is not panning out the way the company had hoped.

As far as Sheamus and Drew McIntyre are concerned, they are getting their respective pushes right now because Sheamus is the work out partner of Triple H, and McIntyre is well liked by both Triple H and Shawn Michaels.

Bret Hart Praises Melina: She's The Best In The World
by Matt Boone
Nov 29, 2009

MelinaPerezFan1 sent along the following:

Bret Hart has praised WWE Divas Champion Melina in an audio interview with Ministry of Slam. In the past, Bret has praised her work and referred to her as his favorite wrestler today. In this audio interview, he says: “I think there's some great wrestlers in the WWE. I think Melina is, you know to me is really creative and imaginative, and she's an innovator and she comes up with some great matches, I love watching her wrestle. In a lot of ways I think she’s the best wrestler in the world right now.”

Listen to the entire audio interview at this mp3 link: http://www.ministryofslam.com/BretHart.mp3

by Nick Paglino
Nov 28, 2009

The Wrestling Observer is reporting that the reason why Kofi Kingston is getting such a big push right now is because WWE officials feel that the company needs an African-American baby face towards the top of the card. After several other talents that were selected for the spot didn't work out the way the company had hoped, the decision was made to give Kingston the big push.
I've noticed this a lot when they started pairing up Kingston with Mark Henry and MVP.

jusnelldem

Closed Account
by Nick Paglino
Nov 28, 2009

It's also being reported that Jack Swagger's push has been slowed down, and possibly even halted, as WWE officials feel that he is not panning out the way the company had hoped.

As far as Sheamus and Drew McIntyre are concerned, they are getting their respective pushes right now because Sheamus is the work out partner of Triple H, and McIntyre is well liked by both Triple H and Shawn Michaels.

Always with the good stuff. I think that the whole African American wrestler push is honestly not bad. It shouldn't come down to race, but you start thinking there are some good black wrestlers that are not getting pushed. Kofi's a good start, my boy Shelton is finally getting some love, after them the other guys aren't that interesting. (It's like in comic books. All superheroes can't be white or aliens, other people live on earth too.)

by Matt Boone
Nov 29, 2009

Bret Hart has praised WWE Divas Champion Melina in an audio interview with Ministry of Slam. In the past, Bret has praised her work and referred to her as his favorite wrestler today. In this audio interview, he says: “I think there's some great wrestlers in the WWE. I think Melina is, you know to me is really creative and imaginative, and she's an innovator and she comes up with some great matches, I love watching her wrestle. In a lot of ways I think she’s the best wrestler in the world right now.”

Listen to the entire audio interview at this mp3 link: http://www.ministryofslam.com/BretHart.mp3

Bret's wild, really Melina? Not even his own niece? Melina is an entertaining diva, mainly because she's not afraid to try something new. Her ring attire is usually well thought out and she does have a cool entrance. But the divas division (especially on Raw) is in dire straits anyway.

jusnelldem

Closed Account
by Nick Paglino
Nov 28, 2009

Always with the good stuff. I think that the whole African American wrestler push is honestly not bad. It shouldn't come down to race, but you start thinking there are some good black wrestlers that are not getting pushed. Kofi's a good start, my boy Shelton is finally getting some love, after them the other guys aren't that interesting. (It's like in comic books. All superheroes can't be white or aliens, other people live on earth too.)

by Matt Boone
Nov 29, 2009

Bret's wild, really Melina? Not even his own niece? Melina is an entertaining diva, mainly because she's not afraid to try something new. Her ring attire is usually well thought out and she does have a cool entrance. But the divas division (especially on Raw) is in dire straits anyway.

Thanx! This is th ebest place to talk wrestling. I LOVED seeing Sheamus punk out Cena, even if he is a little green. but, it is nice to see someone new in the ME> yes, i know cena won't do the job.

Batista vs. Taker, though... I mean who the fuck cares?!

I thought Smackdown was terrible The segment the stuff w/ Vicki and her "man" was fucking unwatchable.

Yeah, what happened with that? Vickie actually used to be a good heel, to have some real heat. Now she just stinks up the joint, and who the hell is this Escobar anyway? I was actually scared for a moment they might have that braying loudmouth interfere and take the title off Morrison. Yikes.
Batista/ Taker has been done, and I had a hard time caring the first time. They laid it on the line for Mania, but it just got weak and overdon afterwards. Could they not push someone else up the ladder?