• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Would you rather be stabbed or shot to death?

In light of all the gun-ban talk, I propose a question: Would you rather be stabbed to death with a knife or shot to death? I talked to a local police officer lately and he said that 1 in 3 cops that is stabbed dies, wherein about 1 in 5 that are shot perish. He was adamant about the citizens right to bear arms. So, if you had a choice, which would way would you rather pass?

GabberMan

Closed Account
Shot in the head.

I'm adamant about the right not to have to bear arms.

Do I get to pick where I'm shot or stabbed? That makes a difference because if you're going to shoot me in the femoral artery so I can just bleed out slowly vs. getting stabbed in the heart, I'll take stabbed in the heart...it has to be quicker.

However if you're just going to stab me in the stomach when I could just take a bullet to the temple...Give me the bullet please.

Do I get to pick where I'm shot or stabbed? That makes a difference because if you're going to shoot me in the femoral artery so I can just bleed out slowly vs. getting stabbed in the heart, I'll take stabbed in the heart...it has to be quicker.

However if you're just going to stab me in the stomach when I could just take a bullet to the temple...Give me the bullet please.

I suppose that would be something to consider. I can't imagine how horrible it would be to have someone slowly slide a knife into my heart though.

Absolutely. :thumbsup:

Yet, you would rather take a bullet than some dull, rusty knife? :dunno:

Namreg

Banned
i read once that handguns have a lower mortality rate if you are shot in the head vs shot in the stomach. can't find a link anymore but i think that's interesting. i'm guessing small caliber bullets can do more damage in soft tissue and thus cause more bleeding?
that might be the reason for your knife vs. gun stat as well: if you stab someone you'd stab them in the stomach, not in the head.

i'd rather get shot than stabbed, i imagine there's less pain and it happens quicker. i might very well be wrong, but i hope i'll never have to find out.

Not really a fair experiment, because you have to think about the consequences of being stabbed or shot in the exact same place. You cant say I'd rather be shot in the head, but on the other hand I want to be stabbed in the heart for example. Wherever you want to be shot you also have to be stabbed, so you get shot in the head, you have to get stabbed in the head and the same for any other part of the body. It's the only way in which the two medical outcomes can be measured.

I would rather not choose as the chances of me being shot in the head with a gun is - although increasing - still very slim, whereas being stabbed carries a much higher risk if you are to believe the press.

But still, this just feel's like another way to justify guns, and coming from a place where guns are not the norm I just cant get into the mindset where I can think about being shot. This isnt a european preaching about the US and its guns so dont get all defensive, I perfer not living in a country where guns are legal and I cannot put myself in the position where I am shot, ever.

So I'm out :hatsoff: if you have read this far you have wasted your time :D

well the bus guy was insane, but he could have killed a lot more people if he had had a gun.

Hmmm. It's funny (and ironic) that rural America where legal gun ownership is through the roof, is much safer (and murder free) than the inner-city where crime and criminals are rampant. :dunno:

Hmmm. It's funny (and ironic) that rural America where legal gun ownership is through the roof, is much safer (and murder free) than the inner-city where crime and criminals are rampant. :dunno:

Dont you think that has something to do, with people living further away from one another? That has to be at least one reason.

Dont you think that has something to do, with people living further away from one another? That has to be at least one reason.

So kind of the lord of the flies argument? Too many animals in one place and they start killing eachother, like chickens and pigs? I don't dispute that that is part of it, but the fact remains that rural America almost everyone owns a firearm and rarely, if ever, we hear about a gun homicide.

GabberMan

Closed Account
This is kind of why I thought of the thread (remember the loon who beheaded a kid on the Greyhound bus for no fucking reason, with a big Rambo knife?): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a68-FEohdY

I used to carry a knife (that didn't end well) and I've used a few guns: training rifles, pistols, shotguns and several SA80 variants. I don't like guns really - apart from when I'm on farmland shooting pigeon and rabbit, which I eat. That aside I'm against guns in the household, car, pocket - anywhere really, unless you're killing religious nutbags, in which case, go for it.

Apart from that I stick up for our public's right NOT to have to bear arms. :)