• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Wich country has the best beers ?

Wich country makes the best beers ?

• Germany

Votes: 40 32.0%
  • USA

Votes: 17 13.6%
  • Mexico

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • Belgium

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • Netherlands

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • Canada

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Ireland

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other

Votes: 26 20.8%

• Total voters
No Question, Germany!

I gotta go with
American>Belgian>German

I assume German beer drinkers do not count Beck's as German beer (but swill geared for the American market?)

It's easier to get good Belgian beers--Saison Dupont and Chimay in the states than real German...imo.

Spleen

Banned?
I wish this was a public vote, I'd love to see which 9 people know FUCK ALL about beer.

Micros in America are untouchable. I adore Belgian beers though, too. Other countries are far more miss than hit for me.

Oh yeah, and Norway/Sweden are nearly as great as American Micros, I've never had a bad beer from either country.

US has good beer's, what about Great Lakes, Rogue, Lagunitas, Brooklyn, Three Floyds....the list can go on for days.

Fuck yeah! Lagunitas! My favorite brewery EVER. I think it's funny how so many people only think of Macros when it comes to beer in America, but if you discover the thousands of Micro breweries, you discover a wealth of platinum.

Netherlands, i love the taste of Grolsch.

Micros in America are untouchable. I adore Belgian beers though, too. Other countries are far more miss than hit for me.

Oh yeah, and Norway/Sweden are nearly as great as American Micros, I've never had a bad beer from either country.

Fuck yeah! Lagunitas! My favorite brewery EVER. I think it's funny how so many people only think of Macros when it comes to beer in America, but if you discover the thousands of Micro breweries, you discover a wealth of platinum.

Here's where you get subjectivity. Some micros in the US produce excellent beers (it must be recognised that the micro revolution was imported from the UK which has many more of them per capita) and on the whole produce a greater number of styles than anywhere else.This gives cause for many Americans to claim #1 spot but there's more to it than that.America has on the whole no brewing traditions like Britain, Germany and Belgium so they simply brew every style they can find.Some of these styles though depend on having the right local ingredients and attempts to substitute American domestic malt (known to be relatively lacking in flavour) don't always work well.And the craft sector in the US is tiny as a proportion of the whole beer scene dominated by beer substitutes like Bud, Miller and Coors.
Personally I wouldn't swap any beer culture for my own.I love to be able to walk into any of a multitude of pubs , often in the tiniest of villages, and be able to drink world class beer.A relatively restricted choice of styles but still more variety than anybody can exhaust in a lifetime.I don't drink much bottled beer because bottling dumbs down the flavour, just go for well kept cask which has no equal anywhere.

Here's where you get subjectivity. Some micros in the US produce excellent beers (it must be recognised that the micro revolution was imported from the UK which has many more of them per capita) and on the whole produce a greater number of styles than anywhere else.This gives cause for many Americans to claim #1 spot but there's more to it than that.America has on the whole no brewing traditions like Britain, Germany and Belgium so they simply brew every style they can find.Some of these styles though depend on having the right local ingredients and attempts to substitute American domestic malt (known to be relatively lacking in flavour) don't always work well.And the craft sector in the US is tiny as a proportion of the whole beer scene dominated by beer substitutes like Bud, Miller and Coors.
Personally I wouldn't swap any beer culture for my own.I love to be able to walk into any of a multitude of pubs , often in the tiniest of villages, and be able to drink world class beer.A relatively restricted choice of styles but still more variety than anybody can exhaust in a lifetime.I don't drink much bottled beer because bottling dumbs down the flavour, just go for well kept cask which has no equal anywhere.

These are simple words, where is your proof? I want to see proof in how an English Porter is better than an American Micro Porter. If you can't prove it, you ain't got no fact, and my point stands. RESPEK.

These are simple words, where is your proof? I want to see proof in how an English Porter is better than an American Micro Porter. If you can't prove it, you ain't got no fact, and my point stands. RESPEK.

Both countries produce masses of excellent porters.Some English porters are perhaps better than sone American ones, some American ones will be better than some brewed in the UK."Better" in this case is subjective , it's a matter of individual preference.
What is generally acknowledged is that British brewers are unrivalled in producing flavoursome low gravity beers. American brewers tend to take the path of getting flavours by simply using more malt though many do in fact import British malt .The British approach fits in with the fact that most beer is consumed away from home in pubs and there's not a lot of point in trekking all the way to a pub where beer is 8% and you have to drive home.American craft beer is overwhelmingly sold in 12 ounce bottles and mostly enjoyed at home where it doesn't matter too much about the strength.Also there is a feeling that "the bigger the better" ; we went down that road a century or so earlier and in general realised it isn't.
It really does boil down to ingredient quality because all other things are equal.No country produces more competent brewers than any other , they just have experiences of different conditions and materials.With one exception; in the UK and to some degree in Germany it's possible to get good live beer free from extra gas and not chilled to death.The difference is amazing.A very few bars offer this in the US and though they get rave reviews it's not really a part of the US beer scene.

Ireland (Guinness, even though the stuff we drink in the States is brewed in Canada):dunno:
England (Bass Pale Ale is my favorite beer...ever) :thumbsup:
Czech Republic (Pilsner Urquell, this is the best pilsner in the world) :)

Ireland (Guinness, even though the stuff we drink in the States is brewed in Canada):dunno:
England (Bass Pale Ale is my favorite beer...ever) :thumbsup:
Czech Republic (Pilsner Urquell, this is the best pilsner in the world) :)

I'm given to understand that all Guinness in the US is Dublin brewed.I'll check that one out but that's my understanding.

The thread is actually impossible to answer sensibly because the five major players (Belgium, Czech Republic,Germany , UK and the US) all produce some superb beers and who is to say which is best? It depends on what you like and up to a point what you are used to.Just let it be said that in all these countries you can get world class beer.
Unfortunately the same countries also brew some pathetic stuff.Belgium , highly respected for its tradition has inflicted Stella Artois on the world.The UK is also responsible for Foster's (pretending to be Australian), Carling , Kronenburg with all its fancy French writing comes from Manchester ( forget the 1664 and substitute 1952) , the US is guilty of brewing Budweiser and selling it under false pretences as a beer.

It's easier to answer "Where is good beer most widely available" and the answer to that is at present the old European brewing nations.

Reactions: drf
I'm given to understand that all Guinness in the US is Dublin brewed.I'll check that one out but that's my understanding.

The thread is actually impossible to answer sensibly because the five major players (Belgium, Czech Republic,Germany , UK and the US) all produce some superb beers and who is to say which is best? It depends on what you like and up to a point what you are used to.Just let it be said that in all these countries you can get world class beer.
Unfortunately the same countries also brew some pathetic stuff.Belgium , highly respected for its tradition has inflicted Stella Artois on the world.The UK is also responsible for Foster's (pretending to be Australian), Carling , Kronenburg with all its fancy French writing comes from Manchester ( forget the 1664 and substitute 1952) , the US is guilty of brewing Budweiser and selling it under false pretences as a beer.

It's easier to answer "Where is good beer most widely available" and the answer to that is at present the old European brewing nations.

The last time I bought Guinness extra stout I looked at the label and it said it was brewed in Canada. This was a few months ago.
You are right great beer is made everywhere and so is shit.