• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Wich country has the best beers ?

Wich country makes the best beers ?

• Germany

Votes: 40 32.0%
  • USA

Votes: 17 13.6%
  • Mexico

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • Belgium

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • Netherlands

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • Canada

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Ireland

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other

Votes: 26 20.8%

• Total voters
Germany is always highly regarded but much of what is written is so much hoo-ha.Back in 1516 there was a problem with grain supplies so a decree called the Rheinheitsgebot was passed, effectively telling bakers to use wheat and brewers to use barley.This is now passed over as a Purity Law though it was never anything of the sort.It was only in Bavaria though when Germany united it gradually became law there.Since the EU it's no longer the law though many German brewers still stick to it.Britain had a similar (and in many ways stricter) law until 1880 when pressure from brewers had it removed.It was regarded as restrictive and preventing progress in the brewing industry.
At present , no country makes the best beers.You could set up a brewery in Outer Mongolia, import malt from the UK and hops from the US and brew beer as good as anybody else on the planet.I would though point out that the UK and to a lesser degree some European countries do sell fresh, unfiltered unpasteurised beers straight from the cask and the difference between these and anything from a bottle is remarkable.

Germany.

Poland (Okocim, Zywiec, Tyskie, Lech etc.). Good, strong beer. Okocim is nectar!

Belgium (Jupiler, Leffe, Chimay, Duvel etc.) Again, good, strong beers, I got nicely, slowly hammered in Bruges last year, they tend not to serve 'pints' because of the beer's strengths, so you can have a good day out, get drunk, but nicely drunk. Cool. :)

I also like Thai beer, Chang in particular is very nice.

As an Englishman, I'd wager the only good brew to come out of this country is cider - Henry Westons in particular.

As for our lager - Carling? 'Tis fouler than piss!

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
If your answer here isn't Germany, you've answered incorrectly. Please try again.

^
Do we hold the Germans accountable for Beck's? If we're gonna hold the U.S.'s feet to the fire for the corny Macros, then...just sayin' ;)

I come back to my earlier post where Germany (which does produce a host of magnificent beers) enjoys a reputation for quality based on a public misunderstanding of their so called Purity Laws.These "laws" actually restrict brewers from being as innovative and creative as those in other nations.
Why though should one country produce the best beers anyway?Ingredients are internationally available , brewers don't become more or less competent because of where they come from , the water doesn't matter any more as it can be treated to match any other brewer's in the world (and is)
Living in the UK I see an ocean of swill like Foster's,Carling and such insipid gnat's piss but also a staggering range of really world class brews from our 600 or so micros and regionals.I think the availability of good beer is not matched anywhere else (a village of 200 or 300 may well have a pub with a good range of these beers)

I have enjoyed beers from many places including Germany, England, Belgium, Mexico, Canada, and Ireland. But I always seem to come back to the USA. It may have something to do with living with in 50 miles of so many breweries in Colorado.

Vlad The Impaler

Power Slave
Canada. Because of Grizzly, can get it here in New York anymore. It tasted like 12 horse but better, stronger.

However...the US makes the best beers. Why? Because in addition to all the major breweries we also have tons of micro-breweries that make every kind of beer you can imagine.

USA FTW!!!

:cool:

This is true! I mean, if people only want to talk about the big, chain-owned, major breweries then yes, it sucks (except for Sam Adams), but there are so many great micro-breweries. Well, Sam Adams started out that way, but they're the only ones who didn't sell out and become piss when they got bigger.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
The correct order is Canada first, Canada second, Canada third, Germany fourth and Canada fifth.

Red XXX

Official Checked Star Member
It's a matter of horses for courses.No country can match the UK for its pub culture and the fresh beer sold in so many of them.Well informed Americans say "yes , the UK leads in that direction but the range of styles is much greater in the US thanks to the micro brewery revolution".The Germans argue that most of what's sold around the world isn't beer anyway , the Czechs get overlooked. I leave Ireland out from this, it's famous for Guinness but that's an English beer style. Arthur Guinness brought in brewers from London to brew his version of a London porter , he just happened to be Irish and brew in Dublin.
Strangely the countries which brew some of the best beers also seem to brew some of the worst. UK-Carling , Belgiun-Stella Artois , US - Bud, Miller, Coors
marquis2 I'd give up if I was you! You're the only one on this thread that knows what they're talking about - but its a thread full of fools!

Had a pint of Moors JJJ IPA in 'The Seven Stars' in Bristol the other day - lovely beer - but what would everyone on this thread make of it? An English IPA thats brewed in Somerset by an American :eek: But a poll on best beer countries, without the UK is no poll at all!

Just wait for the Cider poll!

:glugglug: