• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Wich country has the best beers ?

Wich country makes the best beers ?

• Germany

Votes: 40 32.0%
  • USA

Votes: 17 13.6%
  • Mexico

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • Belgium

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • Netherlands

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • Canada

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Ireland

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other

Votes: 26 20.8%

• Total voters
....warm beers? cold beers?? (see thread by Fac.) :)

The temperature you drink the beer profoundly affects the taste.Even American beer enthusiasts realise that when drinking good beer the last thing it wants is chilling right down and serving from a frosted glass.How can the flavours come through that?
The consensus is that good beer is probably best drunk at the low 50s.

The mass produced fake Pilsners (a long list of unfortunately most of the world's beers by volume) such as Foster's, Stella, Red Stripe,Corona,Bud,Miller,Coors,Heineken and so on are all characterised by very low flavour levels, low hop rates and boring total consistency.These are not good beers in the sense that they offer so little to the drinker.

i don't understand why so many people say Germany, i think most of the german beers are not that great at all.

lechepicha

Prince of the Rotten Milk
Netherlands

There is a brewery in South Berlington, Vermont called Magic Hat Brewing Company and they make the best beer I've ever had. Their #9 is fucking good. I thought I loved Moosehead and Alexander Keiths, but after drinking #9, I feel like I am punishing myself with all these other beers.

I hate to admit it, but I have to vote for the USA. #9 is too good.

^
I had Lucky Kat this summer and it was the fucking cat's meow..WOW it was sooo good. I agree with you; I have to give the ol' USofA the win here...we really do produce a lot of delicioso micros....

Sadly we also have the world's worst swills too....:mad:

^
I had Lucky Kat this summer and it was the fucking cat's meow..WOW it was sooo good. I agree with you; I have to give the ol' USofA the win here...we really do produce a lot of delicioso micros....

Sadly we also have the world's worst swills too....:mad:

Mmmmmm

It's a matter of horses for courses.No country can match the UK for its pub culture and the fresh beer sold in so many of them.Well informed Americans say "yes , the UK leads in that direction but the range of styles is much greater in the US thanks to the micro brewery revolution".The Germans argue that most of what's sold around the world isn't beer anyway , the Czechs get overlooked. I leave Ireland out from this, it's famous for Guinness but that's an English beer style. Arthur Guinness brought in brewers from London to brew his version of a London porter , he just happened to be Irish and brew in Dublin.
Strangely the countries which brew some of the best beers also seem to brew some of the worst. UK-Carling , Belgiun-Stella Artois , US - Bud, Miller, Coors

Amish country of course!

I just can't understand why the UK isn't one of the poll options. It's been a global leader in brewing for centuries and has given the world many styles like pale ales, IPA, stout and so on.It has the most craft breweries per head of any country , a trend which the US gratefully emulated.
"Best" is of course subjective but a good beer should be the sort of thing you are still thinking about half an hour later.90% of the world's "beer" ia mass produced and instantly forgettable.

I liked the irish beer I had on layover from the sandbox, but being the cheap bastard I am, I love my PBR :D

Sorry not a serious comment but a humorous observation about diffrences in beer:

Americans: Drink weak, bad-tasting beer.Canadians: Drink strong, bad-tasting beer.
Brits: Drink warm, bad-tasting beer.
Aussies: Drink anything with alcohol in it.

If you drink major brands, one trip to the Great American Beer Fest will change that quickly.

:glugglug: