• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Why the World Hates America

Re: Consider ...

Consider how many people actually use, engage and enjoy such movies in the US itself. If you think most Americans are fast food and movie junkies, you are mistaken.

In fact, more and more AMA documentation continues to come out that the US grocery stores are filled with food that is little better than fast food. So many processed foods are causing a lot of our obesity (along with lack of exercise), not that we eat "fast food."

As far as movies, MPAA bitches yearly about their reduced revenue and profits. It's not piracy, it's lack of originality. I don't know many Americans who aren't sick of the remakes and sequels. You see it in the retail superstores now as independent films are massively growing in volume over the last decade.

Ignore our advertising-based media, from the fast food to movies.

If you use the US media as a basis, guilty as charged. Unfortunately, it only represents about 25% of the US. And despite what people say, it's people registered to both parties.

Dude, every nation has their history. There have been brave individuals all over the world. Heck, as much as I bash the French Government and its history, the US would not exist if it wasn't for the bravery and honor of select, influential French individuals. The US' own history has been blessed by select, key French nationals, among others.

Dude, the US media -- Disney especially -- excels at such insult of ignorance. Again, and I will say it again ...

The US media reflects upon less than 25% of the US population

Unlike virtually every other nation, the US media is never run by the state, and is 100% based (other than NPR, PBS, etc..) on advertising dollars and ... as a result ... sensationalism. Conflict, insults, etc...

I suspect Sunnis would differ with Shities and Kurds on that one. ;)

If you base your views of the American way of life on the US media, then you've got a pretty skewed view.

If you've never visited the US, or at least different portions, you might be surprised. Most people who visit the mid-west US are surprised that most people are friendly, kind and not sneering in the least bit towards immigrants.

Americans like to forget that without French help they wouldn't have won the war of independence.
The media in Europe aren't state run. The BBC , the biggest news gathering organisation in the world by far , has constantly resisted any influence by the government and protects its impartiality proudly.

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
And the Frogs are loathe to admit we bailed them out of three fucking wars; WWI, WWII, and Viet Nam. Four if you count their recalcitrant attitude towards the war on terror. I wonder how they'd react to a plane being driven into the Louvre.

America is great because we have it all!

Los Angeles, the city of Angels, where the stars live, and great movies are made;
then to the desert, Las Vegas, "Sin city", where you can get married at 1:00am and then get divorced at 3:00pm. Come with 10,000, leave with 10.
Then to the mountains, Aspen, ski, snowboard, etc...
Or even to the Concrete Jungle, New York, where all the world meets, enjoy great theater, network capital of the world.
Go down south to the tropics, Miami, grab a mojito, watch beautiful women, party your ass off, or just drive to the Keys and chill or jet ski.
If not south florida, travel across the pacific, Hawaii, have a romantic getaway, surf, enjoy the beach!

And the list goes on and on...

We have everything! What other countries can say that?

Facetious

Moderated

^ Good Attitude :thumbsup:

If you base your views of the American way of life on the US media, then you've got a pretty skewed view.

If you've never visited the US, or at least different portions, you might be surprised. Most people who visit the mid-west US are surprised that most people are friendly, kind and not sneering in the least bit towards immigrants.

Ding Ding Ding ! :yesyes:

It's all there :thumbsup:

America is great because we have it all!

Los Angeles, the city of Angels, where the stars live, and great movies are made;
then to the desert, Las Vegas, "Sin city", where you can get married at 1:00am and then get divorced at 3:00pm. Come with 10,000, leave with 10.
Then to the mountains, Aspen, ski, snowboard, etc...
Or even to the Concrete Jungle, New York, where all the world meets, enjoy great theater, network capital of the world.
Go down south to the tropics, Miami, grab a mojito, watch beautiful women, party your ass off, or just drive to the Keys and chill or jet ski.
If not south florida, travel across the pacific, Hawaii, have a romantic getaway, surf, enjoy the beach!

And the list goes on and on...

We have everything! What other countries can say that?
Yep you have all that but no proper culture or history

I wonder how they'd react to a plane being driven into the Louvre.

The loss of human life being incalculable in value, the Louvre contains works of art that document the scope of history's drive toward creativity and expression. The World Trade Center was a financial office building that was insured anyway.

and what does that have to do with anything? are you trying to imply that if it wasn't for the war on terror, that that would have happened to them? then why did it fail to prevent it from happening in america?

It's because no one wants to destroy artwork, they want to destroy the mechanisms of US corporate and military involvement in the middle-east, which they perceive as abusive and intrusive. I'm not justifying it, I just don't get why it seems most people have no clue about why they choose the targets that they did, and it wasn't because they represent American culture (in the anthropological sense).

Philbert

Banned
I apologize. I was drunk when I wrote that. :o What I meant to say is that I hate the direction which America is moving in.

Exception noted...I also dislike the direction the US is taking, albeit I am more accepting of the inevitable march of change and reality. Things will be what they become, and the best that can be hoped for is that enough people are involved in keeping the mainstream American experience on track, and we can at least recognize the immediate future USA as the same great country countless diverse peoples have shaped and empowered as the great melting pot.
This is the most diverse population of any nation on the planet, yet we have non violent elections, rule of law, and so many universal benefits for citizens.
Bounded by 3,000 miles wide and 2000 miles north to south of the most beautiful and varied land, freely travelled by all the citizens.
Awesome place.
Even the most anti-American crackpots get to spew twisted drivel out loud, and live to drivel another day. The West is the freest culture on the planet, and the USA is the largest single member of the group, although Brazil is pretty close in size, I think.
I'm sure someone will post exact specs any minute now.:rofl:

Ace Boobtoucher

The loss of human life being incalculable in value, the Louvre contains works of art that document the scope of history's drive toward creativity and expression. The World Trade Center was a financial office building that was insured anyway.

and what does that have to do with anything? are you trying to imply that if it wasn't for the war on terror, that that would have happened to them? then why did it fail to prevent it from happening in america?

It's because no one wants to destroy artwork, they want to destroy the mechanisms of US corporate and military involvement in the middle-east, which they perceive as abusive and intrusive. I'm not justifying it, I just don't get why it seems most people have no clue about why they choose the targets that they did, and it wasn't because they represent American culture (in the anthropological sense).

Hey, congratulations you successfully edited my post to make no sense at all. You're so bright and clever! Well done, you. Who's awesome? You're awesome! God you're so smart. You should be teaching people that. Really, I can't say enough about how cool you are to try to put someone in their place in an online forum. You ROCK!

My point, awesome one, was that if France had suffered the catastrophic type of attack on their own soil would they still be such big pussies about this conflict or would they actually do just enough and then have the U.S. bail them out again?

Facetious

Moderated
Bounded by 3,000 miles wide and 2000 miles north to south of the most beautiful and varied land, freely travelled by all the citizens.
Awesome place.
Even the most anti-American crackpots get to spew twisted drivel out loud, and live to drivel another day. The West is the freest culture on the planet, and the USA is the largest single member of the group, although Brazil is pretty close in size, I think.
I'm sure someone will post exact specs any minute now.:rofl:

Washington DC is 68.3 square miles surrounded by reality, if that helps. :p

The US media reflects upon less than 25% of the US population

Unlike virtually every other nation, the US media is never run by the state, and is 100% based (other than NPR, PBS, etc..) on advertising dollars and ... as a result ... sensationalism. Conflict, insults, etc...

Where do you get this 25% figure from?

As for it not being state run, well that's up for debate given the fact that business and government are so heavily intertwined. As many know the media convinced people that Iraq was an imminent threat to American sovereignty and 'freedom', it wasn't, and would likely have fallen without U.S. intervention.

It was reported and is now known that the Pentagon, in collaboration with the major networks, brought on all sorts of retired high ranking military personnel to affirm this dire need to send our military in to overthrown Hussein's government.

And here, just take a look at this information published by the marine corps times:

DoD walks fine line between news, propaganda

Your tax dollars are going to pay for your own brainwashing! haha

A friend of mine began working in psyops after he served in Afghanistan and according to him what's even more troubling is that the government actually has people implanted in the mainstream press precisely to spread pro war/pro establishment propaganda.

To try and dismiss the skew that American media has would be absurd. The media is owned and operated by a handful of people, and they are all supportive of the state and of it's allies, no questions asked. State run? Maybe not, but it's just as bad if not worse than if it was.

And to the other person who mentioned BBC, fuck man they would not even allow the side of the Palestinian people to be recognized in the recent war by Israel. Not until it was obvious what had transpired did the views begin to turn, same thing happened with Georgia's attack on South Ossetia. It took almost two weeks before even one reporter in mainstream American or British press told the truth of what happened, and do you know why? Because Russia was broadcasting their own news in English which leaked into the Western press and then slowly but surely the story on that changed into reality of the conflict i.e Georgia's outright murder of thousands of innocent people.

Really ? I thought that they we're owned by lots & lots of shareholders. :confused:

Technically speaking yes, so let me rephrase it, the mainstream press is dominated by a handful of people who own the majority of shares in the various networks of news and entertainment media. Is that better?

The age of bureaucracy and semantics, isn't it grand. No one is held accountable for anything because nothing exists and all argumentation is circular. Just turn on c-span sometime and watch all of the wonderful world we have created for ourselves.

"Well I didn't know"

"It's your job to know"

"Well I didn't know"

"Why do you still have a job?"

"Well you see my friend, he put my here to collect a paycheck and gleen profits of the people in this country who are actually working for a living and he said I could stay"

"Ok, well next time make sure you pay closer attention"

*we'll now call a short recess for our $2,000 lunch*

"Hey man I'm sorry, just keeping up appearances"

Hey, congratulations you successfully edited my post to make no sense at all. You're so bright and clever! Well done, you. Who's awesome? You're awesome! God you're so smart. You should be teaching people that. Really, I can't say enough about how cool you are to try to put someone in their place in an online forum. You ROCK!

All I did was take a sentence that you said and repeated it exactly as stated and then make a comment. How precsiely is that editing your post to make no sense?

In fact, what I did was answer the question that I had presumed you asked, which was how France would feel about a terror attack at the Louvre museum.

Talk about taking things out of context, I answered your question, and then you ask it again and spout off an entire paragraph like a big baby throwing a tantrum about how I supposedly criticized you.

Hey, welcome to the internet dickhead, people are not going to agree with you all all the time, and most of them will just be the asshole that you wrongly accuse me off instead of having the decency to actually give a thoughtful reply to what you said, as I have done.

Philbert

Banned
All I did was take a sentence that you said and repeated it exactly as stated and then make a comment. How precsiely is that editing your post to make no sense?

In fact, what I did was answer the question that I had presumed you asked, which was how France would feel about a terror attack at the Louvre museum.

Talk about taking things out of context, I answered your question, and then you ask it again and spout off an entire paragraph like a big baby throwing a tantrum about how I supposedly criticized you.

Hey, welcome to the internet dickhead, people are not going to agree with you all all the time, and most of them will just be the asshole that you wrongly accuse me off instead of having the decency to actually give a thoughtful reply to what you said, as I have done.

Actually, I got the sense of what he was saying right away...the idea that a terrorist selects targets for their representational value is pretty ludicrous.
The targets are selected for heartbreak value, that's why mommies and little children are favorite targets of a terrorist, not factories and post offices.
The Twin Towers were a center of New York, full of people and New York pride. Perfect targets. A real smackdown for the USA, they felt.
The Louvre would be a perfect target, and will most likely get nailed someday.
The French can be really nasty when provoked, and as France is mostly placating it's Moslem population and staying out of any serious military activities the head Mullahs want to keep France outside the battle zone...but it will come to all the Western countries sooner or later.

Ace Boobtoucher

Philbert, you have crystalized my thoughts eloquently. If I could give you some rep right now, I would. Tomorrow then.