• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Why FoxNews Isn't Actually a News Organization

I continue to find it hilarious that the liberals are so angry at the conservatives being allowed to have one channel instead of them all being slanted to the left.

:cool:

Here's a really good summation of the arguments against Fox (but still, it's far from thorough!):

http://www.thenation.com/doc/20091109/alterman

I found these points from it to be the highlight:

"What all these critics fail to address is that the administration's argument is right on the merits. Fox's pretense of being an actual news network is hardly more convincing than, say, Milton Berle in a bra and garters posing as a woman. By refusing to acknowledge Fox's open and avowed partisanship, its MSM defenders are not only flacking for Ailes & Co.; they're diminishing the work of honest journalists who try to play fair. Ask yourself:

§ Would a genuine news network reproduce a Republican press release, replete with typos?

§ Would a genuine news network run, over a five-day period, twenty-two excerpts from healthcare forums in which every single speaker was opposed?

§ Would a genuine news network allow a producer to cheerlead, off camera, anti-Obama protesters?

§ Would a genuine news network take out full-page ads to complain of insufficient coverage of antigovernment protest marches it had promoted?

§ Would a genuine news network run the following headlines, trumpeting each story as a "Fox Nation Victory"?

Senate Removes 'End of Life' Provision

Congress Delays Health Care Rationing Bill

Anti-Tea Party Reporter Dumped by CNN

Obama's Drive for Climate Change Bill Delayed

Obama's 'Green Czar' Resigns

(Note: I have not had to quote the lunatic ravings of Messrs. Beck, Hannity or O'Reilly to make my case.)

Fox is not a news organization; it is a propaganda outlet, and an extremist one at that. Is it any wonder that according to survey after survey, Fox News viewers are among the worst informed Americans when it comes to politics, despite their obsessive interest? A recent study by Democracy Corps finds that this audience believes "Obama is deliberately and ruthlessly advancing a 'secret agenda' to bankrupt our country and dramatically expand government control over all aspects of our daily lives," with the ultimate goal of "the destruction of the United States as it was conceived by our founders and developed over the past 200 years." "

====

"Fox nation" I haven't heard that one before.They are I'm sure happier in some ways republicans are out, they can go back to being totally anti govt.

This is an older clip from the documentary "outfoxed".In it Fox's lead political reporter talks to Bush before going on the air about how his wife is out campaigning for Bush.No mention of that when they go on air though.As the clip points out CNN had similar situation and told their employee he had to not be involved in any political reporting due to conflict of interest.But at Fox there was no such concern which is why they are not in the slightest way fair or balanced or journalists.

Outfoxed: Fox News' Carl Cameron sucks up to Bush
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huf-4XVUwkY

Would a news organization knowingly use fake documents as evidence in a segment intended to influence voters against a Republican nominee?

CBS did.

Would a news organization knowingly use fake documents as evidence in a segment intended to influence voters against a Republican nominee?

CBS did.

What about all those quotes that have no official citation about Rush? There was an interview the other day where they laughed about it. Pretty lame reporting IMO yet people still watch their shit. All News stations are a joke. They don't report "news" they just attack their opposition, and brainwash their followers.

CBS did.

That doesn't warrant the "cool" icon at all.

Dan Rather had to GO because of that, and there was a real shake-up at CBS over that incident.

Unlike at FoxNews, which gets called out on its deceptions on a regular basis but just keeps rolling as though nothing at all happened. Without lies, Glenn Beck really couldn't even have his show.

Also, let's not forget that Bush actually DID actively AVOID serving in Vietnam. That's a fact, even if someone who was overeager to show that fudged a document.

Now give me those sunglasses.

jasonk282

Banned
All news is slanted in one direct or another. People should look at the story being "reported" and then research into it further.

All news is slanted in one direct or another. People should look at the story being "reported" and then research into it further.

This is exactly it. Where do you find your information on the net that is truly not biased? I can not stand looking on the mass media sites they don't supply any facts just dumbass opinion.

jasonk282

Banned
That doesn't warrant the "cool" icon at all.

Dan Rather had to GO because of that, and there was a real shake-up at CBS over that incident.

Unlike at FoxNews, which gets called out on its deceptions on a regular basis but just keeps rolling as though nothing at all happened. Without lies, Glenn Beck really couldn't even have his show.

Also, let's not forget that Bush actually DID actively AVOID serving in Vietnam. That's a fact, even if someone who was overeager to show that fudged a document.

Now give me those sunglasses.

Dan Rather is an actual journalist, Glenn Beck is an opinated show big difference.

Clinton also AVIODED serving in vietnam by getting several derferments.

Draft Records from the Freedom of Information Act

Bill Clinton's Draft Records from the Freedom of Information Act files show he was a Pardoned Federal Felon

* Bill Clinton registers for the draft on September 08, 1964, accepting all contractual conditions of registering for the draft. Given Selective Service Number 3 26 46 228.

* Bill Clinton classified 2-S on November 17, 1964.

* Bill Clinton reclassified 1-A on March 20, 1968.

* Bill Clinton ordered to report for induction on July 28, 1969.

* Bill Clinton dishonors order to report and is not inducted into the military.

* Bill Clinton reclassified 1-D after enlisting in the United States Army Reserves on August 07, 1969 under authority of Col.E.Holmes. Clinton signs enlistment papers and takes oath of enlistment.

* Bill Clinton fails to report to his duty station at the University of Arkansas ROTC, September 1969.

* Bill Clinton reclassified 1-A on October 30, 1969, as enlistment with Army Reserves is revoked by Colonel E. Holmes and Clinton now AWOL and subject to arrest under Public Law 90-40 (2)(a) 'registrant who has failed to report...remain liable for induction'.

* Bill Clinton's birth date lottery number is 311, drawn december 1, 1969, but anyone who has already been ordered to report for induction, is INELIGIBLE!

* Bill Clinton runs for Congress (1974), while a fugitive from justice under Public Law 90-40.

* Bill Clinton runs for Arkansas Attorney General (1976), while a fugitive from justice.

* Bill Clinton receives pardon on January 21, 1977 from Carter.

All these facts come from Freedom of Information requests, public laws, and various books that have been published, and have not been refuted by Clinton.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/clintons/felon.asp

Is it any wonder that according to survey after survey, Fox News viewers are among the worst informed Americans when it comes to politics, despite their obsessive interest?

No it's not.
And furthermore neither the network or its viewers seem to have any shame about that fact :dunno:
Thanks to Palin and her ilk, it almost seems hip to be ignorant. How messed up is that? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

No it's not.
And furthermore neither the network or its viewers seem to have any shame about that fact :dunno:
Thanks to Palin and her ilk, it almost seems hip to be ignorant. How messed up is that? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Trust me, there are ignorant ideologues on both sides of the political spectrum.

What is disturbing to me is the fact the White House keeps attacking Fox... like them or not, we do have freedom of press in the US (for now anyway) and it IS important to have at least one major news outlet that doesn't suck Obama's cock 24/7.

Trust me, there are ignorant ideologues on both sides of the political spectrum.

What is disturbing to me is the fact the White House keeps attacking Fox... like them or not, we do have freedom of press in the US (for now anyway) and it IS important to have at least one major news outlet that doesn't suck Obama's cock 24/7.

Thank you. This is exactly what I have been saying all along. Weather I agree with them or not is another story but at least go against the grain.