• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Why FoxNews Isn't Actually a News Organization

Rachel Maddow lays it out, carefully, and actually somewhat charitably, why FoxNews isn't really a news organization at all, but just an arm of right-wing political extremism:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3LUid0IZ2w

:thumbsup::glugglug:

Keith Oberman lol

Either way, it is good to listen to what they say but do your own research, especially if you don't know what is really being discussed.

That is why I like it when Neal Boortz says: Don't believe anything I say until you look it up yourself.

That is commonsense. However, if you watch a channel with a ultimate bias, you will already get emotionally frazzled and bent out of shape and not listen, just simply judge and curse at.

Ratings seem to be doing well with Fox News. If it was a load of crap it would go the way of, oh, say liberals on the radio.

Keith Oberman lol

Either way, it is good to listen to what they say but do your own research, especially if you don't know what is really being discussed.

That is why I like it when Neal Boortz says: Don't believe anything I say until you look it up yourself.

That is commonsense. However, if you watch a channel with a ultimate bias, you will already get emotionally frazzled and bent out of shape and not listen, just simply judge and curse at.

Ratings seem to be doing well with Fox News. If it was a load of crap it would go the way of, oh, say liberals on the radio.

I'm a fan of Neil Boortz as well. Too bad the local talk station that carried him went to an all oldies format.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
I don't know that I would judge anything by ratings though... especially in the U.S. I mean, what gets better ratings, American Idol and Big Brother or The NewsHour with Jim Lehrer (arguably the best news program on television)? And even among those who watch television for the purpose of gathering accurate information, CNBC gets better ratings than Bloomberg. But Bloomberg is (IMO) a much better data driven network than CNBC (Constant Nonsense Bullshit and Crap). But Bloomberg is kind of dry and boring. Probably not enough bells & whistles to excite casual viewers, I suppose. And if you happen to also have access to a Bloomberg Terminal, you're one lucky duck. Fox Business News doesn't even rate, IMO. It's basically a(nother) political network that shows stock quotes. When I first saw that Cody fellow giving his "take" on the world of business, I knew that was a joke channel.

Anyway, I see MSNBC and Fox as the two most biased networks in the U.S. But with the events in D.C. this summer, I'd say Fox pulled ahead of them in the Fake Sweepstakes. I think of both of those networks as more news entertainment than actual news though.

Just because Fox News has high ratings doesn't mean it is a legit and credible objective news organzation as it tries to pass itself as. It's like foolishly saying pop music on the radio today is the greatest there is because of their high record sales and continuous airplay which we all know is far from the truth

Just because a NeoCon cable station or radio station has a higher ratings then their political adversaries doesn't necesarily mean they are the best, all it means they are brainwashing and misinforming Americans at an alarming higher rate with their NeoCon crapaganda. This happens to be the case because the majority of the media is owned by NeoCons, so of course they're going to give preferential treatment to NeoCon cable and radio programming rather then give Liberal programming a fair shake. Statistics show when Liberal radio programming battles NeoCon radio programming on radio airwaves in the same districts, Liberal programming beats the shit out of NeoCon radio programming.

No high ratings come from liberals who watch it to find something to whine and complain about.

The rest are just watching to see what is going on and then move along with their day.

You cannot deny the fact that majority of the media is owned by NeoCons so that is why they give more preferrential treatment to NeoCon hosts and airplay then they do to their competition. If you were intellectually honest and did your research you would see that I'm speaking the truth rather then be blinded by your right wing partisan hacks on cable and the radio

Yes I am blinded by nothing but right-wing. Ok. Move along. :rolleyes:

Go watch more Fox News. It's good for brainwashing!

In fact, I probably masturbate more to Fox News than the average liberal does for masochistic tendencies!

jasonk282

Banned
You cannot deny the fact that majority of the media is owned by NeoCons so that is why they give more preferrential treatment to NeoCon hosts and airplay then they do to their competition. If you were intellectually honest and did your research you would see that I'm speaking the truth rather then be blinded by your right wing partisan hacks on cable and the radio

WTF, it's widly know that the MSM is very liberal.

Wait. I don't watch Fox News... I guess the stereotypical neocon response does not apply to me.

^ Only idiots tell their more intellectualy honest counterparts to watch Fox News because ignorance is bliss.

Do your research on who owns the majority of the media in this country and why this has enabled right wing hosts to have higher ratings.

WTF, it's widly know that the MSM is very liberal.

I doesn't matter if a news station is liberal, conservative, libertarian, green, black, Muslim, Christian, Atheist, etc. as long as they are being intellectually honest, objective, and presenting actual facts to back up their positions is all fine with me. Fox and other NeoCons unlike their competitiors on the other hand, boast and claim that they are "Conservative, fair, balanced, unbiased, etc." while stating opinions with no legitimate facts

When I attended a university studying communications, many studies found that people gravitated towards content that were more likely to support their views and interests, verus being highly influenced by the content they see.

So, it is likely that if Fox has a more right-wing bent, and the other major news channels have more of left-wing bent, then that is why various camps are going to each channel. Fox is the only one with a right slant, while the others are splitting the left slant.

Years ago newspapers were the same way. They tended to be in favor of one party over the other. It's still true to some degree today.

I think its a good thing that we have Fox, CNN, MSNBC and other news sources, cause when one forgets to report something, or shows favoritism, the others are going to call them out on it.

Just because Fox News has high ratings doesn't mean it is a legit and credible objective news organzation as it tries to pass itself as.

And MSNBC and CNN have become White House spokespersons... The bottom line is that Fox will do some stories that the other news organizations just won't, and while I'm not a huge fan, I like that they provide the "other" side of stories.

But as noted above, don't believe anything you see on the news, and treat them all with skepticism.

Fox, CNN, MSNBC, none of them are there for news. They make TV shows to entertain people with current events, that may or may not be true, or even news.

You get just as much news from Comedy Central as the "news networks."

Fox, CNN, MSNBC, none of them are there for news. They make TV shows to entertain people with current events, that may or may not be true, or even news.

You get just as much news from Comedy Central as the "news networks."

This right here, you have hit the nail right on the head my friend. Most of them are to busy kissing Obama's ass to realize what is really news and what isn't, while the other is too busy sucking Rush and Glenn's dicks for all it's worth to actually be "fair and balanced". I can't stand to watch any of them because they are not neutral. They do not report real news just bash and praise political figures and parade around their favorite celebrity. Give me real news like this:

Mike Monsoon

which just for all you yuppies out there was featured on Fox News. But how often will you find this on your even new program?

This is the headline story on the Today Show website. MSNBC morning show

They all push a point of view. This is a dangerous slope we are going down when we decide which one is the only one allowed. I think they should all be allowed to have their say.

And MSNBC and CNN have become White House spokespersons... The bottom line is that Fox will do some stories that the other news organizations just won't, and while I'm not a huge fan, I like that they provide the "other" side of stories.

But as noted above, don't believe anything you see on the news, and treat them all with skepticism.

Fox News doesn't do the "other" side. Fox is just as guilty if not more than MSNBC and CNN for being mouthpieces for the CIA to spread lies and misinformation in order to dupe viewers into supporting the military industrial complex, the bogus wars on drugs, terrorism and spreading "democracy" abroad. The only difference I see between MSNBC, CNN versus Fox is that Fox boasts that it is fair and balanced which is not and even had the audacity to sue for the right to lie

I think any media outlet that claims to be a news organization but outright tells lies in order to manipulate Americans should be cracked down by the FCC for lying

I think any media outlet that claims to be a news organization but outright tells lies in order to manipulate Americans should be cracked down by the FCC for lying
Then you just cleared the field of all of them. They all lie and they all push a point of view. I started adding foreign news outlets to my news sources because so much of the mainstream media especially in America lies and holds things back. You don't realize just how much they keep from people until you start reading some of the foreign newspapers and online web sites. It amazes me that people are so down on Fox News when they are all guilty.