• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Why do so many people hate Lars Ulrich?

Because they had these "shower girls" back in the day, who were there to wash them and give them blowjobs after the gig. Who wouldn't be jealous...

Seriously, he's a bit of an arrogant asshole. And a TERRIBLE drummer who can't keep up the tempo. Has written some good tunes though, but a shitload of bad ones as well.

Metallica is a band which is as dangerous as Frank Sinatra.

Doomed to do the same things over and over again.

Sold-out/Not greative.

Much of the hate has to do with the Napster controversy but also just look at him and listen to the man. His creepy appearance and the tone of his voice and the way he speaks just rubs many people the wrong way. Sometimes you meet people and you like them right away and sometimes you meet people and you DON'T like them right away. If you watch Some Kind of Monster Lars is the biggest dick in the movie and I got the impression he's THE pain in the ass of the band. He's definitely not the kind of guy I would want to hang out with. I'm not saying everyone on the planet hates Lars Ulrich though. It's just some talk about him like he's an asshole.

He's also a mediocre painter too. Leave darkness to someone with actual talent like H.R. Giger.

I'm not a fan of Metallica,and I think that Lars is a bit of an asshat most of the time,but I also think that he's the greatest drummer in the history of music,so I give respect where it's due.

I'm not a fan of Metallica,and I think that Lars is a bit of an asshat most of the time,but I also think that he's the greatest drummer in the history of music,so I give respect where it's due.

Greatest drummer in the history of music? Not sure if serious.

Because he's a self-centered prick. Last December we had Metallica at the Fillmore for a week to celebrate their 30th anniversary. On one of the nights he hit traffic on the way to the gig, like what happens to many other people who try to get around San Francisco on a Friday at 5 in the afternoon, and he threw a tantrum when he got there. He punctuated his fit by throwing his coffee mug against the wall in the alley where we load in and out, raining ceramic shards all over where we were working. It's the little details like that that make people dislike him.

I hate everything about Metallica. They fucking blow, and its retarded that they get all the glory from the thrash days when there were several bands that came out of that scene that blow them out of the proverbial water. Fuck Metallica.

Petra

Cult Mother and Simpering Cunt
Their older music isn't bad but quite frankly I much rather see smaller bands who can't really afford to pull the crap that Lars and Metallica pulls because the smaller bands actually have to APPRECIATE their fans.

I also prefer the smaller bands since I don't have to sell a fucking kidney to see their shows. Hell, even Epica who is quite big over here, a ticket is less than 40 euro.

That is indeed quite funny. Unfortunately there are many people who think that he's a great drummer. Seriously, I have never seen a worse drummer perform live.

Dave Lombardo makes him look like blind pre-schooler with a set of fisher price drums.

He really isn't a great live drummer. Dave Lonbardo, Gene Hoglan or hell even Frost have superior on stage skills.

If you don't like METALLICA, fair enough, but "Kill 'Em All", "Ride The Lightning", Master Of Puppets" and "...And Justice For All" cannot be missed in any serious Metal collection as all four are killer albums that helped define subgenres such as Thrash or Speed Metal.

He really isn't a great live drummer. Dave Lonbardo, Gene Hoglan or hell even Frost have superior on stage skills.

If you don't like METALLICA, fair enough, but "Kill 'Em All", "Ride The Lightning", Master Of Puppets" and "...And Justice For All" cannot be missed in any serious Metal collection as all four are killer albums that helped define subgenres such as Thrash or Speed Metal.
Nor is he a great studio drummer. Wasn't that like 50 (or more) takes from which Enter Sandman was culled from? :clap:

I indeed agree that the first four and even the fifth are essential listening for anybody who is into metal.

But talk about great drumming, you did come up with some great names. Dave Lombardo's groove is irresistible and exceptional on up tempo parts. Gene Hoglan is a technical marvel, just listen to stuff like Symbolic. Haven't listened much to Satyricon but he must be a LOT better than Ulrich.. :D

Another metal drummers worth mentioning: Mike Portnoy (ex-Dream Theater), Chris Kontos (ex-Machine Head), Proscriptor McGovern (Absu), George Kollias (Nile) and of course the ultimate hard rock drummer, Phil Rudd (AC/DC).