• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Why did you pick your name?

Re: Explain your User/Profile Name

I am Tall...6'6"....and I am From Texas and I live on a Ranch...So hence TallCowboy

The topic has been done. But who the fuck wants to dig up an old thread. Well done.

Baal was the canaanite god of thunder, lighting and fertility - i used raiden to depict him as raiden was derived from the japanese raiden who was also the god of thunder and lighting - minus the fertility...

Baal was the canaanite god of thunder, lighting and fertility - i used raiden to depict him as raiden was derived from the japanese raiden who was also the god of thunder and lighting - minus the fertility...

I picked my usename because I dont know kungfu but its ok KFD has my back. Also the black beauty is safe with him around.

Perilypos

Retired Moderator

My username is my real name: JCM - Jan C. Michael (Jan is Czech form for "John") + Svoboda (which means "Freedom" - it is the next most common surname in Czech Republic).

Aegis was just a name that popped into my head for no real reason. I have heard or seen it in various places, but I think that it was from a movie that I remembered the name. I think that it was a military name like Aegis Destroyers, Aegis Missiles or something like that.
So before signing up I did a search on the name just to make sure that it didn't actually mean something weird. Found out that it was originally the shield of Zeus, and that was okay with me.

Perilypos

Retired Moderator
Aegis said:
Aegis was just a name that popped into my head for no real reason. I have heard or seen it in various places, but I think that it was from a movie that I remembered the name. I think that it was a military name like Aegis Destroyers, Aegis Missiles or something like that.
So before signing up I did a search on the name just to make sure that it didn't actually mean something weird. Found out that it was originally the shield of Zeus, and that was okay with me.
A piece of information: Aegis is a Latin translitteration of the Greek "Aigis", which simply means "shield". The word itself is said to be derivated of "aix" (genitive case "aigos") - meaning "goat" - besides others, a few layers of goat skin was originally used at manufacturing shields. I hope it's a little interesting for you...

JCMSVOBODA said:
A piece of information: Aegis is a Latin translitteration of the Greek "Aigis", which simply means "shield". The word itself is said to be derivated of "aix" (genitive case "aigos") - meaning "goat" - besides others, a few layers of goat skin was originally used at manufacturing shields. I hope it's a little interesting for you...
:thumbsup:
It's always good to learn something new. I wasn't aware of what you just told, because all I really did before signing up was to search wikipedia for Aegis, and nothing like that came up.

I wasn't actually aware that goat skin was used for shields either. I would have guessed ox.

- I use a lot of foreign words when talking.
- I wear glasses.
- I spend a lot of time with IT equipment, at work and at home.
- Girls only talk to me to complain about their boyfriends or if their computer is broken.

see... I'm a nerd!

The story for my nick is a bit silly. It comes from the movie "Highlander", where there is an immortal called Sundra Kastigir. The first time I saw the movie I thought he pronounced the name Rastagir, so I liked the sound of that name, and adopted it as a nick. But there was hell on many boards and irc chat channels where everyone thought that the nick was Rastagirl.... I 'll spare you the details!

Jizm said:
The topic has been done. But who the fuck wants to dig up an old thread. Well done.

Well thank you Jizm, if that's your real name muahahaha...
I started a stand-alone thread yesterday, but then the administrators moved it and inserted it here instead. So don't you "blame" it on me!!!

:thefinger

Homer Simpson: - “Homer Simp... ehm... Max Power.”
Trent Steele: "Well, hey great name!"
Homer Simpson: - “Yep, I found it on the hairdryer.”

its my real name ;)