• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Who's Getting Diablo 3?

FreeOnes_Anders

Closed Account
Its getting closer, only 5 more days now.

I'd have to buy a new computer , but sure why not, there are lots of games (single player) that I wish to play and I need a better computer to handle some graphic design projects. I am also looking forward to Xcom Enemy Unknown (the turn based version) and really still want to play Starcraft III. Also carmageddon reincarnation will be released in the future and they are currently running a kickstarter to raise extra funds.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/stainlessgames/carmageddon-reincarnation

I don't have a gaming PC so I am on the outside looking in. If there is a console port, I'll be first in line.

Lungzyn

Die For Me
News is servers are at full capacity, error 37 abound :rolleyes:

I'd like to get it eventually, no time at the moment though

The requirement of always having to be online just to play single player was a deal breaker for me.

Is this the kind of thing that would ever be ported onto consoles? like The Witcher? I've heard a lot of positive hype, but that's pretty much the only way I'd ever be able to play it.

BrookeLima

Official Checked Star Member
I'll be playing later today! I'm super excited about it. I've never played before so we'll see how much I like it. I'm a little nervous because I don't want to completely suck at it. Lol I'll let you guys know how I do :) xoxo

Is this the kind of thing that would ever be ported onto consoles? like The Witcher? I've heard a lot of positive hype, but that's pretty much the only way I'd ever be able to play it.

I have the original Witcher for the PC, and I don't know how well it would do for consoles. It's been awhile since I played it. Considering that people are saying that Diablo 3 has low system requirements I wouldn't be surprised if consoles could handle it, but one of the things that I notice about games like this that are ported to consoles is that both their controls and their interfaces for handling things like spells and items along with almost anything else really suck considering they were originally made to be used with a mouse and keyboard.

I've been playing today in between server crashes. I've managed to get my Monk to level 11 and my Wizard to level 9. So far, I like playing the monk more just because of his brutal fighting style and fun combos.

It's a beautiful game with smooth graphics and imagery. The play style is pretty much the same as D1 and D2, but the skill sets are different. You can change your skill sets anytime and there's only like a 20 second cool down. The health globes drop so plentifully, I haven't once used my Monk's healing ability cos his health doesn't drop much at all which makes me think a Barbarian must be able to waltz through combat without harm. Probably not. The music is good too, but that's not surprising for a Blizzard game. The Catacombs and Hell level music from D1 still gives me the creeps. I've posted them below if you are a random Demon living on Earth and need some comfort music. So far D3 music hasn't been as unnerving as D1, but still gels perfectly with the feel of the game.

The server downtime and disconnects, while annoying as hell, is typical of any Blizz product that is at it's infancy or just had a major patch. If you've played WoW or SC you'll know what I mean. Doesn't mean it's right but Blizz has never been big on customer relations. They'll smooth it out eventually I'm sure but in the meantime I'm squeezing in a couple of levels between crashes.

Good luck and good gaming. See you in Hell!

D1 Hell Theme

D1 Catacombs Theme

FreeOnes_Anders

Closed Account
I had a fun one, when trying to start it up it told me that my Radeon 5850 wasnt supported.... doh...

EU forums gave nothing, but the US forums had the fix... instead of clicking the ok button on the error message I had to hit the esc-key... that launched the game.

BrookeLima

Official Checked Star Member
I thought the graphics were beautiful too. Really nice job. Irritated with the server issues. You would think they would have had that figured out by now. But overall I'm stoked :)
I've been playing today in between server crashes. I've managed to get my Monk to level 11 and my Wizard to level 9. So far, I like playing the monk more just because of his brutal fighting style and fun combos.

It's a beautiful game with smooth graphics and imagery. The play style is pretty much the same as D1 and D2, but the skill sets are different. You can change your skill sets anytime and there's only like a 20 second cool down. The health globes drop so plentifully, I haven't once used my Monk's healing ability cos his health doesn't drop much at all which makes me think a Barbarian must be able to waltz through combat without harm. Probably not. The music is good too, but that's not surprising for a Blizzard game. The Catacombs and Hell level music from D1 still gives me the creeps. I've posted them below if you are a random Demon living on Earth and need some comfort music. So far D3 music hasn't been as unnerving as D1, but still gels perfectly with the feel of the game.

The server downtime and disconnects, while annoying as hell, is typical of any Blizz product that is at it's infancy or just had a major patch. If you've played WoW or SC you'll know what I mean. Doesn't mean it's right but Blizz has never been big on customer relations. They'll smooth it out eventually I'm sure but in the meantime I'm squeezing in a couple of levels between crashes.

Good luck and good gaming. See you in Hell!

D1 Hell Theme

D1 Catacombs Theme

I have the original Witcher for the PC, and I don't know how well it would do for consoles. It's been awhile since I played it. Considering that people are saying that Diablo 3 has low system requirements I wouldn't be surprised if consoles could handle it, but one of the things that I notice about games like this that are ported to consoles is that both their controls and their interfaces for handling things like spells and items along with almost anything else really suck considering they were originally made to be used with a mouse and keyboard.
I haven't played it yet, but The Witcher 2 hit Xbox360 about a month ago and looks pretty goddamned awesome. Got pretty great reviews too. I'd pick it up if I weren't broke.

idk. im on the fence with this game, i never played any of them, dont really know much about the game. whats so great about it?