• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Who on here loves to hit the weights?

You don't necessarily need to be a bodybuilder or powerlifter, but I wanted to find where my iron brethren are at and some general info like height, weight, poundages lifted, how long you've been training, etc.

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
Can't say that i'm a fan of lifting weights.

i just hit the weights tonight!

I guess I'll start off...

I'm 24. I've been training for about 4 years, not including a little here and there for football and baseball.
I'm 5'11'' and currently about 203lbs @ 9% body fat.
Max Bench - 385lbs
Max Squat - 425lbs and...
Max Deadlift - 505lbs.
I was cutting for the summertime and now want to start bulking again. I want to get up to about 225-230lbs @ under 13% body fat.

i'm 18. i play semi-pro soccer, i played PG in highschool until i had to make a choice. i'm 5'8 155 and don't think i'll make the NBA at my size. the soccer team has us in the weightroom from time to time, like tonight & saturday

in highschool my max bench was - 195lbs. now my max is 215lbs
the coaches have us cycle around the gym with various excercises, but i love doing it.

I have always loved weightlifting. I lift 3-4 times a week depending on the program I'm doing. I don't do any max lifts but here some of the weights I use in my current routine.
incline dumbbell press: 100 lb dumbbells 6-8 reps
deadlifts: 315 lbs 4-6 reps
chinups: bodyweight 8-10 reps
I weigh 211 lbs, 6'2" tall, 6.7% bodyfat

I used to, but nowadays I'm on and off with it. I just do enough in the offseason to keep myself strong for the sports I play. I got really bored with weightlifting after a while and realized that I'd rather just go for a long run or play sports instead.

i lift

I'm 6'2 and 255lbs (about 11% fat)
Max Bench - 400lbs
Max Squat - 450lbs
Max Deadlift - 500lbs, i dont attempt this alot, i had significant knee problems during my teens

Facetious

Moderated
I was on the wrestling team in high school. Every other day I'd mix - combo my workouts. It was really a passion and I got relatively huge. I carried on for six and a half years, all the special diet shakes the works !

My pal Borelli and I would always finish up the lifting day with "flys". Those things would just burn the hell outta the man boobs :1orglaugh The neat thing about building up the body in my younger years, is that the muscles are still under there !

Everybody has a story about gettin' the barbell stuck on your chest and no one around to spot !!:eek:

High School 6'-0'' 170 lbs Max bench press 240 twice • Today 182 lbs. still no rubber tire 'round the middle ! ;)

Fortunately, we don't have an inherited weight problem in this family. It must be really difficult for those who do. If you do carry extra weight that you'd like to shed, take walks at night and don't consume anything but fruit after dinner.
You will loose weight.

Really ! It's a piece of cake ! :o Sorry ! :o

:)Ive got to leave this thread as im going down to my kitchen to lift some Dunkin Donuts straight into my mouth, or lay in the bench press position dangling them into my mouth (Homer style)

uummmmm dohnuts

I lift weights five days a week for about 8 hours a day.

Oh you mean at the gym.

Not a chance, I do it for a living. So I'm certainly not going to the gym to do more for pleasure.

Why do I get the distinct feeling that the next step is dropping our pants and comparing sizes?

Why is it that you're the only one who thought of that? Stay out of the locker room, bud.

Anyway... Lifting is the easy part. There's nothing that relives stress quite like getting in the squat rack and hitting 4-6 reps out of a deep hole. You can't tell me that there's anything else on your mind after doing that... well maybe getting under the HUGE rack that's on the treadmill.
Dieting is a whole different story. I don't know what's harder - putting on muscle or losing fat.

Weightlifting is okay if you are just trying to look big.
Here is the key to fitness in my opinon...

www.crossfit.com

The workouts may look somewhat easy, but they will kick your ass for sure. I just started doing this so i cant say anything for the results, only the muscle aches and my new found love of tiger balm.

Why is it that you're the only one who thought of that? Stay out of the locker room, bud.

Anyway... Lifting is the easy part. There's nothing that relives stress quite like getting in the squat rack and hitting 4-6 reps out of a deep hole. You can't tell me that there's anything else on your mind after doing that... well maybe getting under the HUGE rack that's on the treadmill.
Dieting is a whole different story. I don't know what's harder - putting on muscle or losing fat.

Putting on muscle is harder IMO.

Yeah your right lifting the weights is the easy part. It's the other approximate 22-23 hours in the day that can be hell. It's often hard to get people that don't lift or don't bodybuild to seriously understand that. Everything from calculating every meal you have, every calorie you burn, and every type of food you eat and splitting it all up at exactly the right time to getting enough sleep, getting the right amount of and kind cardio if you do that, and making sure you stay dedicated to it for years, maybe decades without stopping. Serious people always make sure their plan comes first. Sometimes the workout is the release from all of that.