• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Who is Your Favorite Classical Music Composer?

Who is Your Favorite Classical Music Composer?

• Total voters
Beethoven is the most influential (IMO) and none of his works are done half-assed. They're all master pieces. They're also very versatile and Beethoven clearly wanted you to never become bored or uninterested while listening to his music. Even while deaf, Beethoven could create groundbreaking music - which says a lot about his virtuoso.

Some people argue Mozart is greater. Personally, I never liked Mozart because even though he has produced a lot, half of it are just uninteresting jingles. Sort of like how modern pop music works - you like one or two tracks from most artists but the rest is mediocre at most.
Also, I think Mozart due to his young age and personality was never really able to induce the same sort of emotions into his music. Perhaps this was never his intention, but there is a clear line between Beethoven and Mozart. That said, a few of his works are outstanding, but I'm no big fan of his.

So my vote goes to Beethoven without hesitation. Bach comes in close second.

Ludwig van Beethoven:dunno:

I honestly like them all. And a few not mentioned. But I actually have a Tchaikovsky cd that I listen to while driving.

Bach but I wish i could have voted for Prokofiev.

Well, since I am a guitarist, I'm partial to Tárrega, Sor, and Albéniz. As a music student, I've always been partial to French Impressionism, so I'll go with Débussy, Ravel, and Satie. Although I don't listen to too much 20th Century music, I like the works of Arvö Pärt. I also like the works of John Dowland and Gaspar Sanz. Dowland was a great Rennaissance composer, and Sanz wrote great music in the early Baroque. As far as all-time greatest masters I'll go with Bach, Mozart, and Beethoven. :thumbsup:

Another composer that ranks high on my "Kick Ass" list is Niccolò Paganini. Not only did he set the bar for violinists, but modern-day shredders wouldn't have 90% of their licks without him.

Gustav Mahler. He has a number of pieces that just speak to me.

H

Mahler's a great composer, but it's too far out there for me. Just as is the case with Wagner, I can't listen to a work that starts in the key of F and ends in the key of B. :crash:

Mahler's a great composer, but it's too far out there for me. Just as is the case with Wagner, I can't listen to a work that starts in the key of F and ends in the key of B. :crash:

That's too much thinking for me :glugglug:

I listen to it. If I like it, and it helps me write, or is just pleasing to listen to, I don't much fuss over the musical nuts n' bolts.

H

That's too much thinking for me :glugglug:

I listen to it. If I like it, and it helps me write, or is just pleasing to listen to, I don't much fuss over the musical nuts n' bolts.

H

The reason why the dramatic changes in tonality work and aren't unpleasant in the end is because the pieces are so freaking long. After 80 minutes one is much less likely to notice that the piece is ending in a radically different key than after, say, 8 minutes.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
Wagner, followed closely by Ludwig van.