• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

What's Your Dream Car?

I know my dream car may seem to be a little out of place with most if not all of the other choices here but I would have to say my dream car would be a completely restored 1970 VW Beetle. I know itmay not be the sportyest car around but I do have some fond memories of it when I was a kid.

georges

Staff member
mcrocket said:
I actually owned a ZR-1. A 1990 or 91 (I am somewhat embarrassed that I cannot remember which year); the first year for it and with 'only' 375 horsepower. I bought it used in '95. It was an interesting car. But I only kept it for a year. Every time I started it it would make a tap-tap-tap-tap noise; like it was out of oil. It would go away in 20 seconds or so. But I suspect the LT5 (the special Lotus built motor for the car) had an oil circulation problem. And when I read that GM had no spare parts left for the motor- well, that was it for me and I sold it.
IT was a highway car all the way. It was a high RPM motor (having 4 valves per cylinder), so it kind of lugged, lugged it around town. But on the highway it was incredibly smooth. And the faster the better.
Funny thing about it was that the rear tires were 315's. i.e. REALLY wide. And they were stock. And I could not go through car washes (yes, I am lazy) because the rear tires would not fit in the grooves in the carwash. Funny.

Anyway, sorry to go on. I just love cars. Especially rear wheel drive V8 (or alternatively V10) engined ones.

My neighbour before he moved in the south of France baught a ZR1, he was very satisfied of it. He still has it till today. In my chevy high performance book written by Robert C Ackerson the lt5 was depicted as one of the most complicated and reliable engines. It was built by Mercury Marine who was big expreince of machining aluminium. The car in its debut was fitted with good year eagle zr60 tires before being fitted with good year eagle gsc tires. The zr1 was one of the best vettes and now one of the most collectible.
Another great special chevy has seen the day in the early 70's the baldwin motion chevelle ss 454 ls6
http://www.hemmings.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/dealers.detail/hmn_vehicle_id/218924
That one is for sale but I can't resist to her beauty.

Elwood70

Torn & Frayed.
georges said:
good choice.:thumbsup: They were a reduced version of the ford torino fastback gt. Mainly powered by a 351 cleveland 4 barrel with semi hemi heads they were fast cars and equal in performance to the torino gt 429 cobra and super cobra jet fastbacks. The one that madmax had, had a blower and made over 600hp.

Now you're talking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1971FordTorinoGT_graylaser.jpg

4G63

Closed Account
mcrocket said:
I actually owned a ZR-1. A 1990 or 91 (I am somewhat embarrassed that I cannot remember which year); the first year for it and with 'only' 375 horsepower. I bought it used in '95. It was an interesting car. But I only kept it for a year. Every time I started it it would make a tap-tap-tap-tap noise; like it was out of oil. It would go away in 20 seconds or so. But I suspect the LT5 (the special Lotus built motor for the car) had an oil circulation problem. And when I read that GM had no spare parts left for the motor- well, that was it for me and I sold it.

Nice car, more of a race car than a street car though. The motor needs to stay up high in the revs to make power, like a honda. I've always wanted one though, they have so much potential. You hould have kept her, straped a blower to it, it would have walked away from a Z06.

Sounds like the lubrication system needed some work, and some 15W30 synthetic oil. Sorry to ramble but I love ZR-1s GM needs to put those heads on the new Vette. I have a certian penchant for big displacemant RWD's too. But I saving up for a used Jag XK. :thumbsup: Movin on up!

:thumbsup: But I will take the "S" Model! ;)

The Ultimate Aston Martin
‘The fastest road car in the history of Aston Martin. A car that fuses hand-crafted tradition with the highest calibre of automotive technology. Appropriately it is our flagship car - the V12 Vanquish S - the ultimate Aston Martin.’

Dr Ulrich Bez, Chief Executive Officer, Aston Martin

PS Just bought a 2005 Acura TL 6 Speed! The semi-dream car, I can actually afford............

Last edited:

McRocket

Banned
x4g63x said:
Nice car, more of a race car than a street car though. The motor needs to stay up high in the revs to make power, like a honda. I've always wanted one though, they have so much potential. You hould have kept her, straped a blower to it, it would have walked away from a Z06.

Sounds like the lubrication system needed some work, and some 15W30 synthetic oil. Sorry to ramble but I love ZR-1s GM needs to put those heads on the new Vette. I have a certian penchant for big displacemant RWD's too. But I saving up for a used Jag XK. :thumbsup: Movin on up!
Interesting idea. But putting a blower on - I assume - would mean cutting a hole in the hood. I do not recall tonnes of space under it as it was. And ti me - that would make the car look a little cheap. TO me, a car's look's are as important as the performance. WIthout one - there is no point to the other to me (almost).
And I much preferred my balck conv. Vette with the 430-440 horsepoweer motor I bought a few months after I sold the ZR-1 (well, I bought the car and then a year later I had the motor built and installed).
I like the c4 coupe looks. But I loved the c4 convertible looks.

That Jag you are saving for sounds cool. Power, class and style. Nice.

georges

Staff member
Why does none speak about the chevy impala and bel air super sports 409 (remember the beach boys song "she is so fine my 409" the anecdote was that the author of that song owned a plymouth super stock powered by 426 maxwedge or hemi). They are highly collectible and highly desirable cars. None mentioned Chrysler 300 letter cars from 1956 til 1965 who both combined luxury and performance (best year of the letter car was 1957 with 392ci firepower hemi 375hp engine and best virgil exner design (exner was awarded that year for his design)). None mentions also ford fairlanes 500 gt and mercury comet cyclones powred by a 427ci side oiler or a 427 cammer (sohc). None mentioned the early bbodies with the plymouth gtx and the dodge coronet r/t with a 440ci magnum or 426ci under the hood. None mentions the most powerful, best handling and most prestigious fwd personal car ever built: the cadillac eldorado 500ci (8193cm3 and 400hp in 1970 510 lbs/ft of torque @ 2500rpm). There are very intersting cars of the past with real engines not with computerized things which sometimes are expensive too repair. I also like old jaguars type E, xk 120 and xk 140 as well as facel vegas hk 500 and jensen interceptors. But many cars of today have too many electronics and are too assisted. Nothing beat a hurst t handle stickshift or a hurst pistol grip stick shift in mopars with a heavy duty 4 speed tranny . I personnally prefer to drive with a heavy duty gearbox than driving a fragile modern gearbox. Today cars are not made to last decades, sadly. The design of many cars turned into shit and not all the engines are as solid as before. I personnally prefer older cars to modern cars but that is me.

Elwood70

Torn & Frayed.
georges said:
Why does none speak about the chevy impala and bel air super sports 409 (remember the beach boys song "she is so fine my 409" the anecdote was that the author of that song owned a plymouth super stock powered by 426 maxwedge or hemi) I personnally prefer older cars to modern cars but that is me.

First of all;hello Georges;nice to see someone who is as into these cars as I.

Second;here's the story:The co-writer of "409" was a gentleman by the name of Gary Usher,I believe,who was close friends with Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys,and he was the one who gave Brian the "technical" aspect of the lyrics to "409";"Little Duece Coupe",and others.

You have two different songs confused."She's real fine,my 409" is in fact the song "409";and the song that prominately features a Super Stock Dodge with the 426 Max Wedge racing a Fuel-Injected Corvette is called "Shut Down"

So, the auther in question never owned the Super Stock Dodge;but did in fact own a 409.As a matter of fact;the revving sound that you hear at the beginning of "409" is his car!!

P.S.If I've come across as too obnoxious;or as a "know-it-all",I truly apolagize.

P.P.S.-I completely agree about the older cars!!!!!

Mine changed recently, so heres the updated one.
gtr06.jpg

The Ultima GTR is officially the fastest all round road legal supercar.

0-60mph ......................................................................2.7 secs
0-100mph..................................................................5.5 secs
0-150mph..............................................................11.8 secs
30-70mph..................................................................2.0 secs
0-100mph-0 ..........................................................9.8 secs
100mph-0 braking..................................3.6 secs
Skidpad (200ft diameter circle) ............1.176g
Speed achieved on 1.5 mile straight 204mph
Top Speed 231mph (Gearing Limited)
Standing 1/4 mile 10.5 secs @ 140mph terminal
Speed achieved on 1.5 mile straight 204

http://www.ultimasports.co.uk/gtr/index.html

This beat the macca f1 0-100-0 by over a second and costs less than $60k!! :bowdown:

om3ga

It's good to be the king...
Vauxhall VX220

vx220main.jpg

Failing that a classic Merc Gull-wing will do:

34.JPG

McRocket

Banned
chrisbr68 said:
Mine changed recently, so heres the updated one.
gtr06.jpg

The Ultima GTR is officially the fastest all round road legal supercar.

0-60mph ......................................................................2.7 secs
0-100mph..................................................................5.5 secs
0-150mph..............................................................11.8 secs
30-70mph..................................................................2.0 secs
0-100mph-0 ..........................................................9.8 secs
100mph-0 braking..................................3.6 secs
Skidpad (200ft diameter circle) ............1.176g
Speed achieved on 1.5 mile straight 204mph
Top Speed 231mph (Gearing Limited)
Standing 1/4 mile 10.5 secs @ 140mph terminal
Speed achieved on 1.5 mile straight 204

http://www.ultimasports.co.uk/gtr/index.html

This beat the macca f1 0-100-0 by over a second and costs less than $60k!! :bowdown:

For under 60K? US? THat is still expensive. But for bang for the buck - Excellent.
I still do not see why a major mahufacturer cannot build a sort of Cobra replica. Small, cheap, simple and INCREDIBLY fast.

georges

Staff member
what about a 1970 chevelle ss 454 ls6? or a 1970 olds 442 w33? Gm produced nice a bodies muscle cars in the early 70's with great engines too.

McRocket

Banned
georges said:
what about a 1970 chevelle ss 454 ls6? or a 1970 olds 442 w33? Gm produced nice a bodies muscle cars in the early 70's with great engines too.

You DO know your muscle cars Georges. My personal fayourite A body car was the 1970 Buick GSX (in Yellow). I didn't really love the holes in the hood. But otherwise I thought it looked great. Had more luxury then any other A body - apparently. And had 510 foot pounds of torque!

Attachments

• aa-buick-gsx-1970b.jpg
    aa-buick-gsx-1970b.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:

georges

Staff member
mcrocket said:
You DO know your muscle cars Georges. My personal fayourite A body car was the 1970 Buick GSX (in Yellow). I didn't really love the holes in the hood. But otherwise I thought it looked great. Had more luxury then any other A body - apparently. And had 510 foot pounds of torque!
Yes the gsx was quite a bad ass car yes 13.36 @ 110 mph on bias tires. The holes in the hood were a forced air induction like the cowl induction hood on chevelles. I also like a 1968 charger hemi r/t which is for me the best b-body mopar muscle car ever designed. thanks mods to approve the pic.

Attachments

• 1968dodgechargerhemirt.jpg
    1968dodgechargerhemirt.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 110