• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

What was your college experience like?

Go out, get hammered and fuck random drunk girls = You are so cool
Stay in, study and get good grades = NEEEEERD!!!

:dunno:

I don't get it...

It doesn't have to be an either/or. The key to a well-rounded college experience is to balance the two (work and fun).

I loved college, both the learning and the socializing.

Cerish each and every day 'cause all at once, you'll find yourself in your mid thirties . . . but college seemed like three years ago !

OMFG it scares the shit out of me, this time flight !

Yes and the fact is it just keeps accelerating as one gets older. By their mid-forties most people still feel amazed at how recent their college days seem.

So, do you think that I'm pathetic?

Of course not. It takes a lot of guts to walk around in an animal print crotchless unitard.

I fell head over heels for a girl in my freshman year. We studied together,were best friends, and when she went to a larger branch campus, we wrote weekly letters to each other for 2 years.
Upon graduation, she quickly became engaged to another. I received an invitation to the wedding, but just sent a generous gift. I was too heartbroken to ever attend.
Yes, I am today married,(not so happily) and with children as is she.
I had the courage to contact her after 29 years, (we are both in the same profession) and she was polite,however I sensed a "how dare you" attitude in her response. I provided contact info and needless to say, she didn't re contact me nor did I.
I told her in my response that I never forgot her.
Even now,30 years later, I have never been so hurt or crushed in my life.
Why do people do that to others? I was crushed when she left me, and crushed again at her lack of response. Life is cruel. Thanks for listening.

Facetious

Moderated
I fell head over heels for a girl in my freshman year. We studied together,were best friends, and when she went to a larger branch campus, we wrote weekly letters to each other for 2 years.
Upon graduation, she quickly became engaged to another. I received an invitation to the wedding, but just sent a generous gift. I was too heartbroken to ever attend.
Yes, I am today married,(not so happily) and with children as is she.
I had the courage to contact her after 29 years, (we are both in the same profession) and she was polite,however I sensed a "how dare you" attitude in her response. I provided contact info and needless to say, she didn't re contact me nor did I.
I told her in my response that I never forgot her.
Even now,30 years later, I have never been so hurt or crushed in my life.
Why do people do that to others? I was crushed when she left me, and crushed again at her lack of response. Life is cruel. Thanks for listening.

I wouldn't take it personally, garrison. There could be any number of reasons as to why she reacted the way she did. None of it because of you personnally, I can assure you that. ;)

WAIT ! She could be pissed that you never made it to the wedding, 30 years later. Women are good at that, as if you didn't know by now.
:hammer:
:female:
^
and no I don't advocate physical discipline . . . either ! :tongue:

Look at it like this garr, I had started a thread about run ins, years later, with ex gfs . . you know, at he grocery store, gas station, HOME REPOT, etc. and if I recall correctly, the guys' responses weren't very positive.

Uh, i shoulda been a nerd, I fucked so much my brains fell out and did so many drugs i was retarded and barely graduated HIGHSCHOOL and never WENT to college so....

dont ever have sex or do drugs ever for any reason

go to school and beat off on freeones and youll do good.

I wouldn't take it personally, garrison. There could be any number of reasons as to why she reacted the way she did. None of it because of you personnally, I can assure you that. ;)

WAIT ! She could be pissed that you never made it to the wedding, 30 years later. Women are good at that, as if you didn't know by now.
:hammer:
:female:
^
and no I don't advocate physical discipline . . . either ! :tongue:

Look at it like this garr, I had started a thread about run ins, years later, with ex gfs . . you know, at he grocery store, gas station, HOME REPOT, etc. and if I recall correctly, the guys' responses weren't very positive.

Thanks Facetious. Its just that I never really knew why she dumped me. I had her on such a high pedestal. I think the curt, yet polite response after 30 years hurts the most with no follow up.
It's just a stumbling block for me that I can't seem to jump over. I know their are many disappointments in life, but this is a big one.
Funny how things are important to you, whereas they mean nothing to others.

Ruddiger

temp ban
Hey,
I always hear wild stories of other people's college experience. I myself have only attended community college and never lived in a dorm room. But all of these stories I'm constantly hearing makes me want to go back to college (university) and live in a dorm room. And to attend those wild Friday Night parties that people keep talking about.

Wild parties where shocking stories take place. Stories that tell the tale of the quiet girl in class giving it up to 2 or 3 guys while intoxicated. Or the hot blonde girl giving oral in a locked bathroom. This is some wild shit.

What was your college experience like?

You're not missing much. It was an okay experience. Is college for everybody? No. I still connect with one of my classmates and I did attend my former professor's gallery show back in October 2010. We are on good speaking terms. When I went to Sac State I didn't live in the dorm because I lived close by and the dorms were prone to constant burglaries.

old thread, but...my college experience was beer pong, pool, video games, cheap beer/40's, jack daniels, lots of sleep and sex with some legit school work thrown in there. i was underwhelmed by the lack of care and effort exhibited by a number of my professors so i figured since i'd spent the money to be there i might as well make it worthwhile in other ways since the education part was lackluster.

My college wasn't particularly exciting. I did manage to meet the one guy on Earth who I could actually sleep with without feeling disgusted, so that was a plus. Overall though, it was a major waste of money and time. All that effort for a 3.94 GPA and a nice shiny degree. Which turned out to be virtually worthless. For all the good it did me, I should have either skipped it completely, or spent my time there trying to fuck as many girls as possible.

My college wasn't particularly exciting. I did manage to meet the one guy on Earth who I could actually sleep with without feeling disgusted, so that was a plus.

Hi, Helen!! ;) (j/k by the way)

Overall though, it was a major waste of money and time. All that effort for a 3.94 GPA and a nice shiny degree. Which turned out to be virtually worthless.

Kind of like this? :dunno:
ee4ff561-b0f0-4ada-8a92-c333ba95fe44.gif

:tongue: just f'ing with ya... :rolleyes:

My college experience was kind of like that, met a girl who became the love of my life there, too bad we both had to go our separate ways. And it was also a waste of time since I ended up dropping out sophomore year but it sure was fun when it lasted. I chose a college where a lot of my high school friends went to, made new and interesting friends from different countries, and some interesting ones from right here in the USA. Being from S. TX it was interesting to talk to people from other regions in the US, all those different accents from New England to the Louisiana Bayou. I did flunk a class for the very first time in my life but otherwise all my other grades were A's and B's. I did have a work scholarship and looking back it sure seems fun now, though I hated it, working at the cafeteria, always volunteering to wash the dishes instead of serving, must be the Mexican in me, though a lot of horseplay there with my buddies. Dorm life ruled!! Sneaking my GF to my room or me sneaking to her room when her roommate went home for the weekend. Or just hanging out with my buds having a Tecmo Superbowl tourney (my team was da' Bears) or watching movies. Plus I was in the best shape of my life back then, even though I did gain about 10 lbs in one year. But I hung out with non-pot smokers so I didn't experiment and don't care about experimenting with it anyway. Either way, I prefer sex to pot.

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
The best 4 years wasted in my entire life. When I retire I want to back just to take classes so I can tell those professors what shit heads they are. Just like Dangerfield in Back to School.

Deepcover

Closed Account
Not what I had expected. I graduated but again it was like a waste of time and now I got a school loan to pay back...:facepalm:

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
College was great. I had an awesome schedule- up at 4:30 a.m., went to the gym for an hour, met friends for breakfast in the cafeteria, classes from 8-2, back to the gym for an hour, social stuff every night, dated lots of different babes on the weekends, published a lot of research and made a lot of great friends. Alas, I tried to re-live some of those glory days a couple of years ago, and it just wasn't the same. I would recommend going to work in the real world for a few years before signing up for classes, though.

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
At my school we had Mr. Zipper. For $5 he would repair or replace any zipper on any garment. Go ahead and laugh just like we all did. He posted all over campus and would check his old posts and replace with new ones. His father and grandfather were tailors. He kept a small stock of standard sizes and had dad mail him anything else when needed. Standard in stock stuff was pick up the next day. Mail out just a few days. This dude was making beaucoup bucks. You busts a zipper on your jeans or jacket? 5 bucks and back to new. Let's not forget meeting tons of women. Imagine, a girl is putting on her favorite skirt and the zipper breaks? Crisis! Mr Zipper. Gotta find him, NOW! What a fucking genious he was.

Bob

StanScratch

My Penis Is Dancing!
I was one of the studying crowd. And being one of those guys who liked learning things, I took full advantage of that opportunity and learned as much as I could.
When I was not studying, it was D&D and other roll-playing games. Or we would all get together and watch movies. We were not a huge beer drinking crowd, though there were times when we would go out and get toasted (I did not, not being a drinker, but would tag along to laugh at the drunks). I did have sex, but it was not a "chick a week" thing. I probably see more action now.

I ran out of money before I could finish because of some unfortunate things that happened and didn't largely because of that (I also got debt that I had to end up paying back to the creditors shortly later with very little income coming in. It wasn't fun.), ended up not liking the place I went to, or at least not liking the way they taught at all and constructed their curriculum with all the extra non-needed junk they required me to do and when it was hard just to get into a class that was needed for me to take, even if most of the teachers themselves weren't bad.

Going to that place and that span of time is one of my biggest regrets in life. If I had to do it over there would be a lot of decisions I would change. Going somewhere else where I could learn basically just what I needed, although I don't know if that would even be possible, and maybe learning a major that took less time and I could more easily afford being one of them. That's despite the subject I was trying to learn when things went south was something I was interested in, was very good at, and a career in it paid well.

A lot of what went wrong was circumstances mostly out of my control, and there was really only so much I could scope out each place I wanted to go to before hand in practical level. I just wish both I got luckier and made the right choice and that the way higher level education in this country is taught would be much better than it is, not to mention a lot cheaper and with less financial risk to students.

In all despite meeting some decent people I would rate my college experience as horrible.

DR. B

Closed Account
Never went to college. Just been a working man since 16 yrs of age. Occasionally I would sell coke to get the material things I want. Selling coke would also get me in the frat parties at UTSA, St. Mary's, Trinity and Incarnate Word Universities. History and Discovery Channel, as well as google were my resources to learning. So in a sense I went to street college and it didn't charge a dime, well jail time if I got caught, but other than that, no money out of my pocket. I do feel bad for the young adults that now owe 100 grand to their schools and couldn't get a job with those degrees. It's times like this that I wish I was selling coke again to help ease their frustration in life.