• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

What was the first RPG you played?

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
I suddenly feel very young...

FreeOnes_Anders

Closed Account
I'll make you feel even younger then...

Moonstone on the Amiga 500.

That together with James Pond.... oh yeah, those were sweet.

But the best one by far was from around 1987 and was called House, purely textbased game, you started in a gym and then every god damn place you went to got you killed....

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
You guys are, like, ancient.

Only a masochist could like those old text games. They were pretty much trial and error gameplay taken up to 11 and designed to get you killed. (Or worse make the game unwinnable by something you did and not tell you about it until hours later.) It's even worse when you consider they came about long before things like guidebooks and the Internet where you could check walkthroughs if you were completely stuck existed. I didn't really count them as an RPG myself though.

I guess FFVII for me too, though I played an old MUD called Aardwolf for a while.

Gamebooks as well - used to love the Fighting Fantasy series!

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Probably something for the C64, if you count that mostly -text garbage as an RPG. But when 8 bit kicked in I played Dragon Warrior by Enix. I thought it sucked. Then I played FFI and thought it was fair. I thought Square had Enix by the nuts until Dragon Warrior III came out and made FF look like cockatrice crap.

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
maybe final fantasy 1 nes.

zelda on nes if it counts was my real first.

final fantasy 6 (3 in the states) was my first real rpg epiphany.

Dragon Warrior, when it was called that, was the first RPG i ever played. I so dont miss the days when you couldnt see enemies on the field and you got interuped at any given moment

Dungeons and Dragons

I never really played RPGs growing. I guess the first one I really played was TES IV: Oblivion. Still one of my top 3 favorite games ever, along with Ocarina of Time and RE4.

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
well... if zelda counts then zelda on the nes. rented it. loved it.

first REAL rpg was final fantasy 6 (ff 3 in the states) on snes.

then maybe ff1 nes.

first table top rpg: dungeons and dragons 4th edition.

well... if zelda counts then zelda on the nes. rented it. loved it.

first REAL rpg was final fantasy 6 (ff 3 in the states) on snes.

then maybe ff1 nes.

first table top rpg: dungeons and dragons 4th edition.

I remember having the first Zelda game when the cartridge was painted gold.

i was thinking games like FF1 or 8 but then i really thought about it and i played this YEARS before the others
Kq5-titlescreen.png