• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

What Video Game movie would you like to see?

:bang:I know there are quite a few movies out there based off of video games like Resident Evil, Mortal Kombat, Doom, etc. some cheesy some pretty damn sweet. My question is what video games would you like to see turned into a big screen, preferably "live action" movie?

My first choice is always going to be HalfLife. I would like to see HalfLife 2 or 1 even adapted into a live action film, non of this animated, made for tv crap though, a big screen, full blown, kick ass movie.

FreeOnes_Anders

Closed Account
Games turned in to movies generally turn out to be something that will make me go like this: :brick::brick::brick::brick:

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
Metal Gear Solid, un-Hollywoodized, script written by Hideo Kojimma and David Hayter, and of course directed by Hideo Kojima. I'd also like to see proper Resident Evils, not this W.S Anderson crap.

Also found that there is a Castlevania movie in the works.

Some other games that could be awesome movies:
SNES Killer Instinct (similar to Mortal Kombat)
Valve's "Portal" would be a sweet game to adapt to the big screen
Left for Dead (zombie's in New Orleans, Mardi Gras would never be the same)

L3ggy

Mass Effect, Syphon Filter (think it would have some good action sequences) and Legend of Dragoon.

What? The one with Mark Wahlberg? Would be better with Nathan Fillion or the VA.

Mark Wahlberg better not be hired to be Nathan Drake. I will boycot the shit out of that film if he is. Nathan Fillion seems like he is a good choice, he is a good actor, and has similar facial features to Drake. He just has to be able to pull off the Indiana Jones explorer/hero with a gun/smart guy role.

God of War would be an all right movie. Gears of War would be cool too. The only actor that can play Marcus Fenix is Dominic Purcell of Prison Break fame.

Mark Wahlberg better not be hired to be Nathan Drake. I will boycot the shit out of that film if he is. Nathan Fillion seems like he is a good choice, he is a good actor, and has similar facial features to Drake. He just has to be able to pull off the Indiana Jones explorer/hero with a gun/smart guy role.

God of War would be an all right movie. Gears of War would be cool too. The only actor that can play Marcus Fenix is Dominic Purcell of Prison Break fame.

Where the hell have you guys been for the past summer? Wahlberg and David O. Russell have been out of the mix for a good while now.Personally,I'm more than a little wiped out with all the Nathan Fillion talk for just about every single role that comes up.I don't think that Wahlberg would've been a good choice,but I don't like Fillion either.

Aside from that,what's the point of an Uncharted movie anyway? The game is already so much like a movie that it seems redundant.

Back on topic,my personal choice would be the PS2 game The Suffering,and to be quite honest,I'm truly surprised that no one has done it yet,or even talked about doing it.

Red Dead Redemption/Undead Nightmare. Either one. There is a lot of zombie buzz right now and westerns have been making a comeback, so throw them together!!

Fallout 3. My favourite video game ever. Plenty of story in the game to make a movie out of and the main plot has great sentimental value! It would also be funny and intense! Can't lose!!

Someone somewhere suggested Guillermo Del Toro directing a Zelda movie. I salivated at the idea! Also, why hasn't Zelda been done yet?

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Resistance would be a pretty sweet movie. :dunno:

There's too many choices.

L3ggy

Where the hell have you guys been for the past summer? Wahlberg and David O. Russell have been out of the mix for a good while now.Personally,I'm more than a little wiped out with all the Nathan Fillion talk for just about every single role that comes up.I don't think that Wahlberg would've been a good choice,but I don't like Fillion either.

Aside from that,what's the point of an Uncharted movie anyway? The game is already so much like a movie that it seems redundant.

Back on topic,my personal choice would be the PS2 game The Suffering,and to be quite honest,I'm truly surprised that no one has done it yet,or even talked about doing it.

Under The Stone of Erech.

Why are people all over Fillions nutsack? You'd think he was the greatest actor of all time, they way some people talk him up. The only thing he's got to his credit is a cult classic in Firefly. Other than that, he's mediocre as fuck.

The main problem that video game based movies have is that theyre usually not worth turning into movies or hollywood just butchers the story or the studios appoint horrible production staffs to do the movies. Some have been good, some have been ok, most have been horrendous.

That said, the franchise ive always wanted to see turn into a live movie for a long time is Mega Man (the original series, not the X series and beyond) I can see Nick Nolte as a great Dr. Wiley :D
Devil May Cry...another video game franchise that could make a good movie if done right.