• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

What makes a man attractive?

two turntables and a microphone

vodkazvictim

Why save the world, when you can rule it?
Squally ain't a woman, though.
Of course he is; you know how into cooking he is.
Yes, really funny. Thanks for answering anyway.

But if that is really true, then describe how you are looking or what could make you attractive to women.
It's true. He said I was better looking than he suspected.
No, it's not ALL about the money. Looks do matter, as does personality. A great catch is a guy who keeps himself clean, is at least somewhat attractive, takes care of himself, exudes confidence, can talk to a woman with respect and consideration, and has goals. A bad catch is guy who doesn't bother wearing deodorant, likes to wear shirts with huge holes in them and refuses to get new ones for some sentimental reason, doesn't brush his teeth, is immature, gets drunk every single night, makes objectifying remarks toward and about women, and works at a pizza shop without caring to set plans to ever change that.

Good looks are important, but if you're an asshole, You Might get the girl at first but as soon as she realizes that all you are is an asshole, she'll leave you.
Money is important, but if you treat women like shit, you're screwed.
Personality is important, but if you're disgustingly smelly and dirty and have no goals in life, you'll be looked at as a deadbeat.

The OP never specified whether or not it was just about sex. In fact, I believe that he stated he'd like opinions on how to come across as attractive to women in general, meaning for whatever reason. Even if it were just about sex, everything I said still applies. Sure, a girl will be willing to look past certain flaws if all she's doing is looking to get laid, but there's still certain things we look for that cause us to think a man is attractive or not.

And just like Happy said, in order to even get your foot in the door, whether it's for sex or not, you need to come off as appealing to women. Go ahead, go try to get a woman to sleep with you while wearing a shirt with giant holes in it, smelling like you haven't showered or applied deodorant on for days, smack her ass as she walks by and say, "Hey, sexy mama! How bout you back that ass up over here? God damn, look at that ass.. Mmm...mmmm!" Then invite her to your home, ask her if she'll split the taxi with you, don't tip the driver, and once you get home, she finds moldy pizza crusts all over the floor, empty beer cans, and an infestation of fruit flies lingering over a plate of limes next to an empty tequila bottle. Let me know how that works out for you.
I hate to make this point; but didn't you once mention that you sold your body?
I know what argument you're going to make and I agree with it I just wanna see you make it.
Incidently, a lot of the stuff you described, that used to be me.
I know we'll never hear this from any of the models but I'll bring up the obvious. There are a considerable number of women that want to take on the "challenge" of molding their men. "He'd be the perfect catch if I could get him to..." Have us guys never been a part of this? We get into a relationship and she starts picking out our clothes. Those quirky ways we express ourselves slowly starts turning into an Emily Post project enrollment. We should eat healthier and spend more of our time doing more constructive things. Us guys believe that we are being taken for who we are. We'll give into some of the stuff at the start but, these mate builders never know when to stop. If we start drawing a line then WE are the bad guys. Men don't do this shit. We size up what we have in a mate and decide if her qualities and flaws are something to continue with. Men don't try to change the person, just change the mate. Anyone with me on this?
Yeah, she changed me like fuck. Even though she's gone now I actually just cleaned the house :shock:
Sense of humor does it for me.

I have a weakness for bald guys too. All the way bald, or shaved.

My brother is in a relationship like this... and it's really, really uncomfortable to watch. She even cuts and slicks his hair to the side like he hates interrupts him to spray breath freshener in his mouth while he is talking to other people.

I am guilty of having said to myself: "He'd be the perfect catch if I could get him to..." ...pay taxes. Dated a guy who had, somehow, never filed taxes in his life. I didn't say anything though.
brb, shaving head.
Not being me. :(

Obviously you've never seen him on Friday night.
It's ok, I'll let you pork me for cash.

raimmi

Closed Account
Thanks for all the replies so far.
Of course every woman prefers different things regarding men, I just hoped to get some inspiration in order to increase my chances with women.

Oh and it is not about getting some fast sex, I was more thinking about a relationship.

I came into this thread to offer my opinion to someone who seemed like he might be feeling a little down about getting women.
You hit the nail on the head with this one :)

OP, I apologize that this thread is now pretty much ruined.
No problem, looks like the thread returned to the original topic anyway.

, but if you're an asshole, You Might get the girl at first but as soon as she realizes that all you are is an asshole, she'll leave you.
Money is important, but if you treat women like shit, you're screwed.

Oh I beg to disagree. There are legions of women out there that will endure an asshole, as long as the asshole has money.

Harley Spencer

Official Checked Star Member
VV, to answer your question, yes I may have sold my body before, but I got out of that pretty quickly because it made me miserable. I choose happiness over money every time, hands down.

Of course every woman prefers different things regarding men, I just hoped to get some inspiration in order to increase my chances with women.

Oh and it is not about getting some fast sex, I was more thinking about a relationship.

You hit the nail on the head with this one :)

No problem, looks like the thread returned to the original topic anyway.

I'm glad it did :) I was worried there for a minute. Hopefully some of the responses are helpful.

Oh I beg to disagree. There are legions of women out there that will endure an asshole, as long as the asshole has money.

While there may be plenty of women who are willing to set other things aside for the sake of money, there are far more women who look for men that will treat them with respect, consideration, and care. I don't think there's anything wrong with anyone wanting to be with someone who knows how to handle their money, but that's definitely not the ultimate factor.

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to

Oh and it is not about getting some fast sex, I was more thinking about a relationship./QUOTE]

Do not despair my good fellow. Remember that you are not he only one on the hunt, so are they. They will find you. Everyday we interact with others and you never know where it will come from. At work, at the supermarket, waiting for a train, it can happen at any time. As long as you can have a conversation then that's half of the battle won.

A lot of women will mention a lot of the things already written in the thread then end up dating or attacted to the complete opposite, some of the nicest guys I know seem to be single yet the ones that are ungentlemenly, rude, mean, loud stc seem to have a hot woman on their side, no matter what many women say in principle they'll almost always prefer to be with a 'bad boy' rather than a nice guy, part of it could be a confidence thing where the nicer quieter guys are more reluctant to ask someone out so stay single whilst these loud bad types ask anyone and everyone out and eventually it pays off.

Harley Spencer

A lot of women will mention a lot of the things already written in the thread then end up dating or attacted to the complete opposite, some of the nicest guys I know seem to be single yet the ones that are ungentlemenly, rude, mean, loud stc seem to have a hot woman on their side, no matter what many women say in principle they'll almost always prefer to be with a 'bad boy' rather than a nice guy, part of it could be a confidence thing where the nicer quieter guys are more reluctant to ask someone out so stay single whilst these loud bad types ask anyone and everyone out and eventually it pays off.

This does seem to be true to an extent. But the same could be said for men. A lot of men say they want a girl next door, a girl who doesn't wear a lot of makeup, a girl who isn't fake, a girl who's drama free. Yet you see them walking around with girls with fake tans, makeup caked on, perfect manicures, shiny jewelry, perfect hair, constantly on their phones, bitching about their friends behind their backs, loud and obnoxious.

There's always exceptions for both sexes. You either see young men and women who are young, going to parties, going tanning, bar hopping, the guy being a total guy's guy and the girl being the flirtiest, most high maintenance girly girl on the face of the planet, or you see average folks walking hand in hand, going out for a dinner, going shopping together, taking their dog for a walk, living a laid back, low maintenance, content life. So not every girl wants a bad boy, and not every man wants a hoochie.

Intellectually, you rarely choose who you end up with. It's all chemistry. So people ending up with the exact opposite of what they're looking for happens all the time, to both women and men.

Also, some of the nicest guys you know may very well not be some of the nicest guys to be in a relationship with. I've known a few guys who I thought were nice, as they'd always been pretty nice to me, but getting to know their girlfriends I discovered that while good friends, some were shitty ass boyfriends (Hell, I ended up in a fist fight with one of them over some shit I found out about). You have to remember that the way people are with you isn't the way they're going to be with a girlfriend. Karl Jung had a lot to say about this sort of thing.

Harley Spencer

Intellectually, you rarely choose who you end up with. It's all chemistry. So people ending up with the exact opposite of what they're looking for happens all the time, to both women and men.

Also, some of the nicest guys you know may very well not be some of the nicest guys to be in a relationship with. I've known a few guys who I thought were nice, as they'd always been pretty nice to me, but getting to know their girlfriends I discovered that while good friends, some were shitty ass boyfriends (Hell, I ended up in a fist fight with one of them over some shit I found out about). You have to remember that the way people are with you isn't the way they're going to be with a girlfriend. Karl Jung had a lot to say about this sort of thing.

This is true too. Most of the guys I've dated were "nice guys." They weren't popular, they were kind of outcasts. Maybe even considered nerds. While you'd think they'd make for great boyfriends since they aren't constantly competing with the other guys over who can get the hottest girl, who can throw the meanest punch, who can handle the most beers, etc. But a lot of them are kind of the opposite of that. They want to be liked, so they're susceptible to agreeing with anyone they view as having a higher social status, whether they personally agree with that person or not. They'll be kind of good boyfriends, but they don't really know how to be good boyfriends. They'll say and do things that they think are cool, instead of being themselves.

Plus a lot of shy, quiet, nice guys don't know how to approach or handle a woman since they might not have as much experience, so while they might want to get a girl, they don't know how to go about it, trying too hard to be a nice guy. They just need to be themselves. Don't try so hard. That shows, and it can come off as awkward. Be yourself, be natural, don't try so hard to be impressive, and sooner or later you'll get the girl.

Plus a lot of shy, quiet, nice guys don't know how to approach or handle a woman since they might not have as much experience, so while they might want to get a girl, they don't know how to go about it, trying too hard to be a nice guy. They just need to be themselves. Don't try so hard. That shows, and it can come off as awkward. Be yourself, be natural, don't try so hard to be impressive, and sooner or later you'll get the girl.

And worse, in this type of scenario, where a guy is likely feeling self-conscious and insecure, that can also lead to things like jealousy, possessiveness and eventually abuse. I've seen that happen.

Women have started conversations with me so many times that started with "Are you a boxer?"...so I think my muscles are pretty much what always attracts women to me. I think I should probably start boxing so I can finally say yes to that question.

I am not rich, tall or the handsomest guy but luckily women love muscles as much as men love curves.

Vanilla Bear

Bears For Life
Women have started conversations with me so many times that started with "Are you a boxer?"...so I think my muscles are pretty much what always attracts women to me. I think I should probably start boxing so I can finally say yes to that question.

I am not rich, tall or the handsomest guy but luckily women love muscles as much as men love curves.

Pics or I call bullshit. :p

This does seem to be true to an extent. But the same could be said for men. A lot of men say they want a girl next door, a girl who doesn't wear a lot of makeup, a girl who isn't fake, a girl who's drama free. Yet you see them walking around with girls with fake tans, makeup caked on, perfect manicures, shiny jewelry, perfect hair, constantly on their phones, bitching about their friends behind their backs, loud and obnoxious.

There's always exceptions for both sexes. You either see young men and women who are young, going to parties, going tanning, bar hopping, the guy being a total guy's guy and the girl being the flirtiest, most high maintenance girly girl on the face of the planet, or you see average folks walking hand in hand, going out for a dinner, going shopping together, taking their dog for a walk, living a laid back, low maintenance, content life. So not every girl wants a bad boy, and not every man wants a hoochie.
Yes you're correct, there was a time when almost all men preferred prefered women with the minimal of make up and acting 'ladylike' was the biggest plus, now the fad seems to be for women caked in make up, bright orange skin, hair, nail, eyelash extensions wearing clothes that leave little to the imagination, I think this is a problem amongst females too as they seem to think this is a great look when in reality it turns men off as they simply don't look real and you can't even tell what their natural features look like. I blame a lot of these reality tv shows like Jersey Shore (we have The Only Way Is Essex' here in the UK) for giving young women of an impression they feel they have to look like, because these 'women' seem to be rich, constantly invited to clubs/parties and attract lots of male attention and impressionable women watching think this must be the 'in' thing when in reality it's all a media set up, the sheer number of beauty salons offering all these treatments doesn't help either, even advanced surgery options like butt implants and lip enhancements means there's even more options and a lot of women end up changing things that there was nothing wrong with in the first place. Having said all this although these men wouldn't mind dating these sort of women when it comes to the one they want to marry she'll be the complete opposite of these women, hypocritical I know. A whole different issue is the intensity of the relationship, you'll see people together who hardly communicate and are only together to not be alone whilst others who are more sensitive and deeper in thought want someone like a soulmate who they can talk to all day long and if they don't get this they'll prefer to stay single.

Vanilla Bear

Bears For Life
I think a hot girl by his side makes a guy attractive. Women will think something like he must have something when he can hit on such a girl....

While there may be plenty of women who are willing to set other things aside for the sake of money, there are far more women who look for men that will treat them with respect, consideration, and care. I don't think there's anything wrong with anyone wanting to be with someone who knows how to handle their money, but that's definitely not the ultimate factor.

That's probably true, but take two guys...

Guy A-Treats women with respect, consideration, and care. Is average looking. Works as a mechanic making $37,000/year. Drives a 7 year old Toyota Carolla.

Buy B-Is a bit of a douche but not insufferable. Mostly treats women well but is known to occasionally break a date at the last minute to go out with the boys. Is average looking. Works as an attorney making $180,000/year. Drives a new BMW and never has one more than three years old.

Guy B is guaranteed to be rolling in women. Guy A struggles to find them, no doubt.

Harley Spencer

I don't think it's uncommon for any guy to mess up now and then, so having that "occasionally break a date at the last minute to go out with the goys" bit doesn't make any difference to me. That's completely normal. I have yet to date a guy (well, except for my current boyfriend, so far) who hasn't done something like that multiple times. That, in my book, is not what makes a guy a shitty boyfriend.

EDIT: Oh, and my last boyfriend as well. He never did anything like that. And we lasted over 3 years. What was the deal breaker for me? Shitty in bed. That was it (mainly).

So no, money is STILL not the ultimate deciding factor. Never has been for me, and never will be.