• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

What is the latest good film you watched ?

britlover

Closed Account
In honor of the late/great Dennis Hopper I watched (up-converted on my blu-Ray player a DVD) The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 [1986]. Such an awesome, underrated black gore/comedy.

RIP Mr. Lefy Enright. He's up there now in Chainsaw Heaven, battling Drayton Sawyer and eating some damn fine chili. (Note to anyone who's seen the film, then you'll get all the referances)

LezFemmez

Banned

Epic...:bowdown:

At Close Range (1986) starring Sean Penn and Christopher Walken.

Sean's brother Chris Penn is in it too (Chris' first movie role, I believe - God rest the dead), and the film has what is probably Christopher Walken's best role ever.

The Messenger with Ben Foster and Woody Harrelson. Great flick, but a lot of it was very hard to watch and I probably will not see it ever again.

Alice In Wonderland - 2010
By Tim Burton, Johnny Depp is awesome,as usual.I love the cat too.

britlover

Closed Account
Alice In Wonderland - 2010
By Tim Burton, Johnny Depp is awesome,as usual.I love the cat too.

Ya know that just got it's North American Blu-Ray release. I'm really watching my monthly money I spend on my monthly Amazon orders for Blu-Ray movies as of now, but in the future as the price drops I do REALLY wanna see that one, though.

To tell ya the truth I tend to find Tim Burton films rather hit & miss for me, with his last great one (which I also got on Blu) being Big Fish. Mostly since the mid '90s it's been VERY much a hit & miss track record for me with his latest projects, but for some reason that one seem's to really create a fanatsy world that I'm over all am very into from the TV spots and trailers so far. So once the price drops I have decided to blind buy it and to give it a chance. Merci for the reminder about it, since I was re-looking over the Sunday paper that I've kept looking at the Best Buy mini book items and also thinking about it once again.

LaLiLuLeLohan said:
Finally watched Cloverfield. For some reason, I was convinced I was going to hate it. But I ended up digging it. The dialog and acting really impressed me considering the actors were all unknown and had to act out a wide range, from a casual party setting to all out panic and survival. A lot could have went wrong there.

The effects were believable and well shot and the monster(s) worked well enough to move the movie along. Great pacing and tight editing.

Agreed. I saw it in the theater opening day, and I have to say I quite liked it. It took the classic giant monster genre, and decided to do something a little different with it. Which was focusing more on the human characters, and the destruction surrounding them rather than on the monster itself.

I also remember people complaining on forums about getting dizzy and what not due to how the movie was filmed. Which I feel was just another example of the sheer pussification going around these days.

In honor of the late/great Dennis Hopper I watched (up-converted on my blu-Ray player a DVD) The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 [1986]. Such an awesome, underrated black gore/comedy.

RIP Mr. Lefy Enright. He's up there now in Chainsaw Heaven, battling Drayton Sawyer and eating some damn fine chili. (Note to anyone who's seen the film, then you'll get all the referances)

Awesome references, and I would rep your brit loving ass if I could. :D

Just watched Sunshine, BTW.

Agreed. I saw it in the theater opening day, and I have to say I quite liked it. It took the classic giant monster genre, and decided to do something a little different with it. Which was focusing more on the human characters, and the destruction surrounding them rather than on the monster itself.

I also remember people complaining on forums about getting dizzy and what not due to how the movie was filmed. Which I feel was just another example of the sheer pussification going around these days.

I heard about the dizziness as well. Heard the same thing about The Blair Witch Project. I saw neither at the theater, but can't imagine getting dizzy from big screen viewings.

Anyhoo, if you've yet to see it, check out the Korean giant monster movie, The Host. Great stuff.

britlover

Closed Account
Awesome references, and I would rep your brit loving ass if I could. :D

Just watched Sunshine, BTW.

Why thank you :D But whats stopping you from posative repping my once Briton loving ass (as I made this screen name indeed when I was absolutely fan boy-ish in love with at least four different gals from the isles, so I indeed decided on this name)?;)

But indeed, have always had a massive Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 [1986] love. It's a damn fine film in spots and is an over all noteable cult classic. I've always watched it at least twice or so a year. It's a damn shame that Cannon Films somewhat very much botched it from being even better over all once you know the history and watch the special features fully on the 2006 issues "Gruesome Edition" from MGM anniversary re-release on standard def DVD. I only wish one day there'll be a really great looking edition on Blu-Ray with even more sound mixes that are very nice and a nice retrospective documentary and look back on the lives of not only Dennis Hopper but now also the late/great Lou Perryman who was also in it who was sadly murdered last year (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMeDe2JCs7U http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPtZIXhBl7g). He was a damn fine Austin native and apparently no one ever had a bad word to say about him because of how down-to-earth and overall nice he was.

So glad that film survives. So many call it mediocre and that it never should have been made, but for those of us who "get" it, that it only has so many serious chunk/set pieces and is really a gory black-comedy, it's well worth owning and re-visiting. And fuck me what an AWESOME soundtrack of new wave-era and early Alternative rock. :D So cheers for liking it as well. :glugglug:

Master_Gio Re
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Never Sleep Again: The Elm Street Legacy- massive, excellent docu on the Elm Street movies. Many of the ladies still look great! A must see for Freddy fans.

Yup. Damn fine documentary ya got there. :thumbsup: I also ordered it and got it the first week of it's release from Amazon. I didn't wanna order off the official site and get the Heather Legenkamp autograph (she's of course Nancy Thompson from the original and Parts 3 and Craven's New Nightmare) cause I hoenstly don't get the whole autograph thing myself, so I just included it in my last Amazon.com bulk order. And it is indeed the best out of all the big genre series documentaries out there, even beating more much more loved series of Friday the 13th ("His Name Was Jason") and the Shape/Michael Myers films ("Halloween: 25 Years of Terror") easily. I REALLY wish the weakest of the links--His Name Was Jason--was done as professionally as Never Sleep Again was, as it really cried out and basically screamed to be done as so, and not with a whole love of official website idiots from different genre film websites commenting. The special features disc and the bonus interviews are roughly the best part about that doc. Oh and yeah, I too was surprised how well all the lvoely ladies of the series still look! Holy shit Kim Myers from the underrated part 2 (Freddy's Revenge) is even hotter looking in my mind. I'd love to be her lucky hubby. :) Gotta love those redheads. And the extras on that documenatry rock as well. I'm still not even finished with'em yet!

So glad to see so many genre film fans on this board. It sort of somewhat seem's that the horror genre and the adult film industry fans that we've always had sort of a lot in common. One year I even noticed Jasmine St. Claire at a Chiller Theater show I went to just showed up because she also loves & collects horror films and just wanted to bullshit around, although I didn't really talk to her much as I'm very shy, and she didn't stay long. Also in the classic slasher film Maniac (1980), Sharon Mitchell who's my favorite starlet of all time, has a small cameo. That's because William Lustig the director shot some adult film work on 35mm a few times and I believe he worked with her, so she appeared in it for free as a nurse breifly. Very cool gal. :)

Anyhoo, if you've yet to see it, check out the Korean giant monster movie, The Host. Great stuff.

Looks great!

Yeah, "The Host" is one movie I heard some good things about but have yet to see. I remember the Angry Video Game Nerd guy mentioning it along with showing some clips from the film during his Giant Movie Monster countdown and it looked great.

Wait a sec, ... I just got paid today...

I'm going to Amazon and ordering that fucker NOW! :hatsoff:

Why thank you :D But whats stopping you from posative repping my once Briton loving ass (as I made this screen name indeed when I was absolutely fan boy-ish in love with at least four different gals from the isles, so I indeed decided on this name)?;)

Says I got to spread the love around. :(

So glad that film survives. So many call it mediocre and that it never should have been made, but for those of us who "get" it, that it only has so many serious chunk/set pieces and is really a gory black-comedy, it's well worth owning and re-visiting. And fuck me what an AWESOME soundtrack of new wave-era and early Alternative rock. :D So cheers for liking it as well. :glugglug:

I agree that TCM 2 is a great sequel. Initially, when I first saw it, I wasn't too hot on it due to the fact that with sequels you generally expect more of the same. And TCM 2 was anything but more of the same. But over time, I grew to appreciate the film on it's terms. As it's quite evident that Tobe Hooper definately did not want to repeat himself, and thus made essentially a dark comedy. The poster makes this VERY clear as it's a parody of The Breakfast Club only with the Chainsaw clan filling in. I agree it's very unfortunate that Cannon edited the way they did due to the simple fact that the script appears to have been much more of a satire of the 1980's than what was ultimately presented in the movie itself, but for all intents and purposes it's still a damn good sequel to one of the greatest modern horror movies of all time.

Dennis Hopper with chainsaws battling Leatherface?

That's just fucking awesome! :bowdown:

Holy shit Kim Myers from the underrated part 2 (Freddy's Revenge) is even hotter looking in my mind.

Exactly what I thought upon viewing "Never Sleep Again". Hell, I'm not really a big fan of redheads, but thought, "Damn! She's aged VERY well." when I saw Kim talking about her experiences on Nightmare 2.:thumbsup: