• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

What is the latest good film you watched ?

georges

Staff member
bravo two zero

Seriously...from a guy who had to explain why The Color Purple was an uplifting story to so many people when it came out...

Good on you, Ser, for elevating this thread (or at least your own contributions) beyond the sorry listmania / post count +1 fodder it so often is.

Harley Spencer

Official Checked Star Member
LAUGHING?!?! Curse you for disparaging my Transformers!!!
Seriously...from a guy who had to explain why The Color Purple was an uplifting story to so many people when it came out, the Transformers are so much fun, who cares if it isn't an equal to Gone With The Wind? Rhett never had a Camaro named Bumblebee...

I loved The Color Purple. Interesting that you mentioned this, I was just talking about that movie with my boyfriend the other day.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
TCM is doing a marathon of Oscar nominated movies this month. I watched three good ones from 1949 yesterday: The Heiress (really good!), All the King's Men (pretty good) and Twelve O'Clock High (Gregory Peck was a truly amazing actor!!!). I'd never heard of any of these!

After watching truly great movies from the past, the suck that is modern movie making stands out even more. Back then, they had to rely on camera angles, acting and writing to make a good movie. Without special effects (3D, CGI, etc.), tits & ass, and PC focus groups, I doubt the nickel-sniffers in Hollywood could even get a movie in the can these days. And if they do manage to crank out one good movie, they'll beat it to death by making 7 sequels! :facepalm:

If you like great movies, check out TCM and AMC some time.

vanlee1

IMAGINE
Ender's Game

I had read the book years ago and the movie just life into the pages. It might not appeal to those who have not read the book because the characters in the movie aren't explained/developed in the movie compared to the the book.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1731141/?ref_=nv_sr_1