• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

What is the latest good film you watched ?

Just got back from seeing The Number 23 and thought it was awesome! It's nice to see Jim Carry in a dramatic roll!
at this juncture i believe i would be remiss for not promoting eternal sunshine of the spotless mind

(i haven't seen it lately, so this is technically OT)
i don't want to say anything other than:
see this movie (with your sweetie)

BritneySwallows

Official Checked Star Member
Glad you liked it! Hard Candy is pretty good too!

I disagree. I had high expectations for Hard Candy, but just because its hard to watch the extensive "torture" scene doesn't make it a good movie. I don't think it has a message and if it indeed had one I can tell you that I was rooting for the bad guy from beginning to end. That's what I'd call a failed experiment.

dave_rhino

Closed Account
Just got back from seeing The Number 23 and thought it was awesome! It's nice to see Jim Carry in a dramatic roll!

I usually seem to have the same taste in movies as you Doc, but i really didn't like The Number 23.

Jim Carrey is awesome, but i really didn't like the plot. It had potential; going crazy from a number... But they just didn't write around it as well as i'd hoped. Just seemed like it was written as they went along.

Maybe i'll jus thave to watch it again, i might like it second time around.

I usually seem to have the same taste in movies as you Doc, but i really didn't like The Number 23.

Jim Carrey is awesome, but i really didn't like the plot. It had potential; going crazy from a number... But they just didn't write around it as well as i'd hoped. Just seemed like it was written as they went along.

Maybe i'll jus thave to watch it again, i might like it second time around.
I'm sure you will! Personally, I loved the movie because it kind of had a Sin City vibe during some parts(I'm sure you know which) and because it made perfect sense...I mean, usually, in these kind of movies there is like thousands of plot holes and it just doesnt make any sense, but this one did! It shows very well how far obsessions can go and its perfecty believable! Plus, Jim Carrey was very great! I loved it!:thumbsup:

dave_rhino

Closed Account
But the fact it made sense kinda annoyed me, they never for a second let your mind wander.

Everything was explained straight away, which is good in some films, but not in a film that's mean't to make your brain bend. (Down to annoying script mainly)

I'll agree that visually it did look pretty awesome.

Anyway that's just my opinion, glad everyone else enjoyed it!

(to be honest, he should of just made Ace Ventura 3, :1orglaugh)

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
Osamu Tezuka's METROPOLIS. (2001)

Sort of a retelling of the fall of the Tower of Babel. Man gets greedy, reaches up to the sky and tastes G_d's power.

Tower gets F'ed up and man gets his ass beat down for being such a rotten bish.

Hm. Then again, that's a very visceral description for a mildly poetic anime.

It's not on par with the poetic and creative license used in, ohhh.. Millenium Actress. Nor Memories which proved more popular than Ghost in the Shell back in it's heyday. But oh well.

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
I liked Death to Smoochy

Blech.. wasnt that the Ed Norton flick where he bangs his assistant and the mafia wants him to have some .. okay, some TARD guy on the show with him?

The Number 23 and Wild Hogs. Both pretty good flicks.

Babel

Interesting interlinking stories, and great acting.

ha. I just saw that yesterday. It was Ok. I just feel like it didn't really have any plot. it was like an episode of seinfeld.