• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

What is the latest good film you watched ?

The Godfather Part 2

A Fantastic Woman

Howards End

A Room with a View

Scream 6 - Makes me want to rewatch all the previous films again as it been years since i seen them. Saw Scream 5 on weekend

Four Lions

The Crying Game

Ant-Man and the Wasp Quantumania

Looks a good film
It's awesome. It really does follow the true story of getting the Gameboy rights for the game, which you'd think is the most boring premise ever. But aside from a couple of dramatic embellishments (like a car chase through Moscow), it's generally accurate, and even consulted the actual people (Alexi & Henk) who were involved.

After the Oscars, I decided I would finally see "Everything Everywhere All At Once." The following weekend, Redbox "rounded up" my point so that I could rent a free DVD. So I picked one up and watched it. Wow.. I can't imagine seeing in a theater, during the two scenes I'll share below. First, the poster:

EEAAO-1a-poster-crpd.JPG

In the movie, in the future there is an all-powerful being. In this scene she is coming for the main character. A security guard intervenes. He had just swung his baton at her. She grabbed it .. and morphed it into a phallus!

phallus-1d-from baton-better-best-crpd.JPG

And then proceeded to manifest a second one, and beat him with them - hence the blood on them.

phallus-5d-bloody post fight-better-best-crpd.JPG

Later, the guards ALSO start trying to get the main character. A theme through the movie is that if you perform an odd sequence of events, you can "learn" new skills / abilities from one of your other selves in another dimension. Each guard accessed this ability by .. jumping on an object that doubles as a butt plug.

buttplug-5a-found something else-best-crpd.JPG

The movie definitely has some "indie" aspects to it, which brings it down a notch. But, if you want to see it with a friend for shock value, it does the trick!

I've been impressed by the Asian movies that Netflix has been licensing. One that just came out is "Kill Boksoon." It only had three extended fight sequences, but they were VERY good. Good overall story, too. Here is the poster:

Kill Boksoon-1b-poster in English-crpd.JPG

The producer "set the hook" with the movie's opening / fight scene. The main character's hair is down in the rest of the movie, and the only love scene involves showing her scarred back. But, one of the stills has some leg:

Kill Boksoon-2a-lleggy w silencer-crpd.JPG

Steve-FreeOnes

FO Admin / "rude, unnecessary attitude" (he/they)
Staff member
It's as great as the trailer looks, and everything you expected. This would have crushed it in theatres.

I was really disappointed by this. Just another 'ooh wasn't commie Russia awful?!' thing. The only bright spot was the stuff with the Maxwells.

I can't be bothered reading back but I'm assuming everyone has seen and loved John Wick: Chapter 4. If not then you're all getting a warning.

I was really disappointed by this. Just another 'ooh wasn't commie Russia awful?!' thing. The only bright spot was the stuff with the Maxwells.
I'm a geek for international business and law, so I can appreciate that the premise and subject matter alone might be a hard sell. Plus they did have some confines of sticking to the actual story. I don't think you'll find a better movie about a licensing deal. The fact that the actual people portrayed were consulted also helped sell the authenticity.

Even apart from that, I thought the other aspects were also stellar - the music especially. The Tetris theme, the 8-bit music and the 80/90's influences were all there. The set pieces, costumes and everything else really sold the time period.

The bits of humour in the dialogue helped too.

I can't be bothered reading back but I'm assuming everyone has seen and loved John Wick: Chapter 4. If not then you're all getting a warning.
What if we've never seen a single instalment?

A Most Wanted Man

Made me feel sad watching this and knowing the fact Philip Seymour Hoffman is not with us anymore but loved his role in the film. Set in Hamburg which gives me ideas for perhaps my next holiday destination. Good notable cast members with Rachel McAdams, Willem Dafoe and Robin Wright

The Oak Room

Short 90 minute film, was a decent watch but i would admit it took time for this to kick in and the plot kinda got confusing to follow for the most of it

I might not watch the movie until later, or maybe even home release, but I did get the soundtrack, and it's awesome. It incorporates all the hit from anything Mario related over the years. I especially loved this callout to Donkey Kong Country.