• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

What if we lose the moon?

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
I watched a show on the science channel about this a year ago. When find what the documentary was called I'll let you guys know. We are losing our moon and scientist had a plan to take one from another planet.

wtf? How the hell are we gonna just take one from another planet? Sounds highly complicated and quite expensive!

wtf? How the hell are we gonna just take one from another planet? Sounds highly complicated and quite expensive!

Makes me wonder how the inhabitants of said planet would feel about their moon being taken.

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
no shit! We start wars over oil, imagine someone moon steeling! Would be an intergalactic nuke fest!!!

you can have my moon when you pry it from my cold dead orbit.

Not to mention the energy needed to significantly change the orbit of something that massive would be so large as to make any idea like that comical.

ChefChiTown

The secret ingredient? MY BALLS
I like the moon. The sun? Now that, I could do without...even though we would all freeze to death.

what if we lose the moon, blah blah blah1 it isnt gojng to happen in any of our lifetimes, so who cares?

What if Travis Hafner hits a moonshot to win the series, and it actually strikes the moon out of orbit? Then you'll care.

Actually there is good evidence that much of the moon was indeed part of the earth that collected after the early Earth and another large planetary body Theia collided after it's orbit decayed out of the Earth L5 Lagrangian point and struck a glancing blow to it.
So what? Some times, some things... It's the less connected to Earth now, only influencing ebb & flow (tides) and some people turning into werewolves occasionally. So I guess there is no point worrying losing the moon, but what I fear for is that it would rather fall on Earth itself causing inclearing massive damage than just up and fly away, y'know.

What if Travis Hafner hits a moonshot to win the series, and it actually strikes the moon out of orbit? Then you'll care.
Is there really an orbit for the moon?

IMHO, what a pathetic discussion...

I like the moon. The sun? Now that, I could do without...even though we would all freeze to death.
Yesh, people! What will actually happen if we lose the SUN instead of the moon? I just wish I'd then live long enough to see snow in Cuba hehehe

Last edited by a moderator: