• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

What has Happened to the Republican Party?

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
1. The tax cut extension cost about $544b for a short term arguable boost. At a time when debt continues to grow and the economy has slow growth.
2. I never said that Health Care Reform was a bad thing.
3. Solyndra is embarrassing for the Obama administration. It isn't the scandal that the Repulican machine would like it to be (and Jon Stewart jokes about), but it is a mistake. Republicans will spin it as funneling money and Democrats will write it off as a non-issue. It was a goof. The dollars aren't huge, but I would hope there is no impact on green investment.

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2011/10/04/solyndra-scandal-fallout/
http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-675770

I'm ok with you challenging thoughts and ideas and certainly facts. The issue I take with you is that you cut up a posting and pull out words to actually try to change the meaning of the post. That is dishonest move that only a clown makes. Unless I was joking, I would never do that. The only thing I'll ask of you is to not be that clown.

Since you felt it convenient to continue to attack and not answer the question I asked of you, I'll return the favor unless you actually want to have a conversation as opposed to selling a point of view.

1) I'll respond to your posts however I see fit. If I chose to focus on one particular part of a post and quote only that part it's because I don't want to drown what I'm responding to in a huge quote.

2) What "question" did you ask me? I went back and looked and this is what I found-

Not sure why you would pick that one item out of thought I had in the message, other than to bait.
There are have a few items that have been posted on this thread that the posters would believe answer your question.
On this thread the investment in Solyndra, extension of the Tax Reconciliation Act, and a prioritization and handling of the HealthCare Reform bill that contributed to the current climate on not cooperating in Washington D.C.

Where's your "question"?, and how did I change your meaning? You're going to have to come up with what you asked me and how I somehow manipulated your meaning or else you're just attacking me for the sake of being an ass. Don't accuse me of being "a clown" when you're carrying around a circus tent. Your original question was posed to lurkingdirk, not me.

3) I'm glad you addressed the three points I made.

First point, Obama extending the Bush tax cuts- really, what alternative did he have? The republicans weren't going to work with him on this issue and it was either extend the tax cuts for everyone or everyone's tax rates would have gone up. Precisely illustrates how the republicans won't work with Obama on anything.

Second, you pointed to health care as an example of an answer people had given of some of the "bad things" the president should "take credit for".

Third, I'm glad you give Jon Stewart so much credit. Again, though, I stand by what I already posted- Solyndra is nothing more than hot air being pumped out of Fox News.

Now, going forward, if you insist that I quote your entire post to avoid "looking like a clown", that's fine. I can absolutely quote your entire post. I try to avoid writing essays on here because no one wants to read a fucking book when whittling things down for clarity, brevity, and economy of space works just as fucking well.

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
ANY party that allows someone like this to stay in it is unvoteable :2 cents:

gop-santorum-rapeo5fr9.jpg

ANY party that allows someone like this to stay in it is unvoteable :2 cents:

gop-santorum-rapeo5fr9.jpg

What is so sad is that there are tens of millions of Americans who see absolutely nothing wrong with Santorum's insane message. These people are so caught up in their stone age religion that they want to reward a rapist by allowing him to sire offspring.

I'm sorry, but if you rape someone your seed doesnt deserve to live, and neither do you, and if there is a God I'm sure he would have the common sense to agree with that.

Funny that Santorum's wife was fornicating with an abortion practicioner twice her age before Santorum married her

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
Yeah, but these folks are just swell.
Pelosi_Hah.jpeg

barney-im-ugly-frank.png

A124i.jpg

:1orglaugh Great pics, MP but neither party has got a corner on the looks department that's for sure....:D

By the way, looks aside, Barney Frank rocks.... a common-sense statesman whose wisdom will be sorely missed in the House. :thumbsup:

Yeah, but these folks are just swell.
Pelosi_Hah.jpeg

barney-im-ugly-frank.png

A124i.jpg

And abortion isn't even an issue, the economy is.
Something that the current PREZ promised to fix and his only solution is more tax, then blaming the republicans .

:rofl:

Oh Jag,,,,,,,Jag,,,,,,,,,
Now is the winter of our discontent.

He's only ......

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/e...ngerprints_are_all_over_the_financial_fiasco/
http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=47898

And here he is lying his ass off about it, one of many many times

He should be in jail.

True enough.

xfire

He's only ......
He should be in jail.

If I didn't know you were a guido I would swear you were beaten blind with a Tennessee Stupid Stick.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ousing-crisis/2011/11/28/gIQANqLH5N_blog.html

last line of the WP article-

Like most policymakers, Frank didn’t appear to see the housing bubble or looming subprime crisis before it was too late. But he didn’t cause them, either.

Ignorance isn't an incurable disease.

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
And you didn't even see my Pelosi pic.

Defend him all you want X.
Ain't gonna change what he is, first and foremost a filthy slob.

And I ain't no guido.

xfire

And you didn't even see my Pelosi pic.

Defend him all you want X.
Ain't gonna change what he is, first and foremost a filthy slob.

And I ain't no guido

Yeah, looks mean everything in politics. How's that half-ton governor working out?

I'm not defending Barney Frank, I'm defending the truth. Speaking of filthy slobs, I wonder how many Hero Kings subs Governor Christie can scarf down in one sitting.

You ain't no guido, yeah, of course not.

1) I'll respond to your posts however I see fit. If I chose to focus on one particular part of a post and quote only that part it's because I don't want to drown what I'm responding to in a huge quote.

How about just have a normal conversation and not select and spin.

2) What "question" did you ask me? I went back and looked and this is what I found-

Where's your "question"?, and how did I change your meaning? You're going to have to come up with what you asked me and how I somehow manipulated your meaning or else you're just attacking me for the sake of being an ass. Don't accuse me of being "a clown" when you're carrying around a circus tent. Your original question was posed to lurkingdirk, not me.

I'll go from memory. You were asking what he should admit and as I answered your question, I asked if you thought he was flawless. Since your question was challenging any potential mistake.

3) I'm glad you addressed the three points I made.

First point, Obama extending the Bush tax cuts- really, what alternative did he have? The republicans weren't going to work with him on this issue and it was either extend the tax cuts for everyone or everyone's tax rates would have gone up. Precisely illustrates how the republicans won't work with Obama on anything.

Second, you pointed to health care as an example of an answer people had given of some of the "bad things" the president should "take credit for".

Third, I'm glad you give Jon Stewart so much credit. Again, though, I stand by what I already posted- Solyndra is nothing more than hot air being pumped out of Fox News.

Now, going forward, if you insist that I quote your entire post to avoid "looking like a clown", that's fine. I can absolutely quote your entire post. I try to avoid writing essays on here because no one wants to read a fucking book when whittling things down for clarity, brevity, and economy of space works just as fucking well.

Good examples of being an apologist. Neither would actually be all that bad to admit as mistakes.

Solyndra shouldn't be a huge issue (That is the Stewart refernce), but it was mishandled, mismanaged, and a mistake by Obama and his administration. I referenced CNN, not Fox News. So, trying to associate the discussion with Fox is a distortion. I don't watch the channel and I have not doubt the spent some time on it, but that isn't the point.

It is my premise that the Obama extension of the Tax Relief Reconciliation Act was a mistake. It decreases revenue during a period of high debt. Democrats have been against this act, but to turn now and support it is playing both sides of the fence. I agree he most likely caved to get some sort of deal, but that isn't a win either, is it?

Regarding Health Care, if you didn't spin my post, then you would have known the only bad thing I was pointed out was that the way the health care reform was pushed through helped create the climate that is in Washington now. The Republicans clearly own the lion's share of the blame on that, but my point was that Obama contributed.

Obama is the best choice for the next election. My only points were that he is quick to take credit for the good, but not the bad. As I also pointed out, that is politics. That is what you seem to take issue with.

xfire

I'll go from memory. You were asking what he should admit and as I answered your question, I asked if you thought he was flawless. Since your question was challenging any potential mistake.

Good examples of being an apologist. Neither would actually be all that bad to admit as mistakes.

Solyndra shouldn't be a huge issue (That is the Stewart refernce), but it was mishandled, mismanaged, and a mistake by Obama and his administration. I referenced CNN, not Fox News. So, trying to associate the discussion with Fox is a distortion. I don't watch the channel and I have not doubt the spent some time on it, but that isn't the point.

It is my premise that the Obama extension of the Tax Relief Reconciliation Act was a mistake. It decreases revenue during a period of high debt. Democrats have been against this act, but to turn now and support it is playing both sides of the fence. I agree he most likely caved to get some sort of deal, but that isn't a win either, is it?

Regarding Health Care, if you didn't spin my post, then you would have known the only bad thing I was pointed out was that the way the health care reform was pushed through helped create the climate that is in Washington now. The Republicans clearly own the lion's share of the blame on that, but my point was that Obama contributed.

Obama is the best choice for the next election. My only points were that he is quick to take credit for the good, but not the bad. As I also pointed out, that is politics. That is what you seem to take issue with.

Again, I'll respond to your posts however I see fit. You don't get to choose the format I use. If you don't like it, too damn bad.

You didn't ask me if I thought he was flawless. Go back and read your posts. Not there. And I never, "challenged any mistake". Talk about spin. And you didn't even have to chop my post up to do it!

How exactly am I "being an apologist" by pointing out facts? I'm not "admitting mistakes" that aren't there. You failed to "point out bad stuff" Obama should take credit for and that's the whole reason you're being a confrontational tool. I'll give you another chance, what bad stuff should Obama take credit for? Don't try to play cute little sophist games with me.

Just my opinion. Don't try to talk to him. I haven't seen any interest other then defending Obama's purity. I don't buy the "I voted for HRC" bullshit for a minute. You nailed it hard - nothing seeing anything other than an Obama apologist. There is a type that can't stand any flaw in thri boy. Even if you obviously support him.

I see nothing other than manipulation the conversation and never dealing with you straight. I haven't seen a self-evaluative point in his posts. Another hide behind the keyboard troll.

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
Yeah, looks mean everything in politics. How's that half-ton governor working out?

I'm not defending Barney Frank, I'm defending the truth. Speaking of filthy slobs, I wonder how many Hero Kings subs Governor Christie can scarf down in one sitting.

You ain't no guido, yeah, of course not.

Why do you think I'm a guido? Because I'm from south jersey?
By guido I guess you mean like a streotypical jersey shore(the tv show, not the actual jersey shore) type Italian or Italian wanna-be assholes?
I'm nowhere near that, when I was younger we used to laugh at those clowns.
Actually I still do, but now it's more like disgust.

X, you love the PREZ, I think he sucks real bad and must go or else.
That's all.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue

He's only ......

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/e...ngerprints_are_all_over_the_financial_fiasco/
http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=47898

He should be in jail.

Oh fuck....does this mean we can't be friends anymore? :1orglaugh ;)

Chopped-up sound bites? You've got to be kidding. That said....all politicians lie, MP. Are you saying republicans don't (see tonight's so-called "debate"). :eek:

Barney Frank stands up for the ideals in which I believe at my core. If that flies in the face of what your core beliefs are, then so be it.

I didn't mean to start a shit-storm with this thread or this latest post but I'm glad everyone seems to be using it as a lighting rod for expressing their opinions....America at it's finest!!

Oh....and did I fail to say that the republican party is in full disarray and their actions (or inactions as it were) will be primarily responsible for the reelection of Barack Hussein Obama to the presidency of the United States? Just sayin'....and love you, man!!! :D

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
C;mon Jag,
The sound byte wasn't chopped, it was him lying then a flashback to him saying something very different, proving that he was lyin.
Core values? Ok, like a homosexual hooker turning tricks in his house ? doing all he can to force banks to loan money to millions of people who are gonna get foreclosed sooner or later, therefore tipping the first domino in a major recession?
A guy like that would be executed in many parts of the world.
And I don't think the Republican party is in disarray.
Why say that, because they don't have a candidate with a great line of BS and huge teeth?
I do admit I don't trust many politicians, but when it comes to the lesser of two evils I go with the republican party ......especially with this guy in office, whose only answer to everything is more tax, more spending and more regulations.......which is pretty much all I hear him say.
That plus constantly saying its all the republicans fault........to me that's just classless.

Oh, and I'm very fond of you too,.

C;mon Jag,
The sound byte wasn't chopped, it was him lying then a flashback to him saying something very different, proving that he was lyin.
Core values? Ok, like a homosexual hooker turning tricks in his house ? doing all he can to force banks to loan money to millions of people who are gonna get foreclosed sooner or later, therefore tipping the first domino in a major recession?
A guy like that would be executed in many parts of the world.
And I don't think the Republican party is in disarray.
Why say that, because they don't have a candidate with a great line of BS and huge teeth?
I do admit I don't trust many politicians, but when it comes to the lesser of two evils I go with the republican party ......especially with this guy in office, whose only answer to everything is more tax, more spending and more regulations.......which is pretty much all I hear him say.
That plus constantly saying its all the republicans fault........to me that's just classless.

Oh, and I'm very fond of you too,.

In an earlier post you said that regulations are killing the economy and here you say that Obama is calling for more regulations. Can you name the regulations that are killing the economy? and can you also explain these regulations that you say Obama is proposing?

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
Seriously, who goes through life with a name like Mitt? That sounds like the kind of sarcastic nickname you'd give a one-armed catcher. Speaking of stupid names for politicians, wtf is with Newt or Tipper? I get nicknames like"Teabag" Tedy Kennedy or "One Pump" Kerry, but Newt? That's the kind of nickname that someone who doesn't know or like you very much hangs on you. You should at least have a colorful anecdote for it like: We were in a Thai strip club and the girl was taking things and putting them up her butt for money. I gave her a potato and now my homies call me "Spud." That's the kind of story I'd like to hear about people who want my vote.

~me

xfire

Just my opinion. Don't try to talk to him. I haven't seen any interest other then defending Obama's purity. I don't buy the "I voted for HRC" bullshit for a minute. You nailed it hard - nothing seeing anything other than an Obama apologist. There is a type that can't stand any flaw in thri boy. Even if you obviously support him.

I see nothing other than manipulation the conversation and never dealing with you straight. I haven't seen a self-evaluative point in his posts. Another hide behind the keyboard troll.

If you're not talking to me don't talk about me. I could care less what you "buy" or don't buy. It's not "apologist" to rebut bullshit, and that's all you right-wing koolaid drinkers have. No one has asked me what I think some of Obama's flaws are. He's got plenty but I have no reason to criticize Obama when there's a gimpy republican party full of conservative retards to lambast instead. I'm "manipulating the conversation", really? How do you figure that? And isn't it funny how I've stayed on topic in this thread and you, instead, have focused on me personally? Why are you attacking me? I'm not running for office. And if you want to call me a "troll" maybe you should you consider why it is that you've chosen to derail this thread with attacks against my character instead of addressing the topic at hand. You accused me of being another member a few pages back. Why don't you ask a moderator. Typical troll behavior, can't keep up with the debate so make it personal. You're a joke, and abrograte is close behind you.