• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

what game are you playing right now?

MKX is fucking awesome. So deliciously violent. I have an extra code for Goro on xbox. pm me for the code.

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
You know a game like that is good when people can still remember most of the opponents in it decades after it came out.

I've never gotten past Soda Popinski. I hate that guy!

I've been trying to beat his drunk ass since it came out on NES.

I've never gotten past Soda Popinski. I hate that guy!

I've been trying to beat his drunk ass since it came out on NES.

All the Punch Out games aren't that hard once you memorize what your opponent can do and get used to them. The hard part about them was continually losing by trial and error way back then to get to that point. Now with things like the internet and countless walkthroughs and other things that show you what to do it's easier than ever before. If there was one thing about the old NES games it was they could be very brutal. Video games didn't hold you hand and help you get through them back then, and there was very little help elsewhere. Some of my proudest video game accomplishments came from either beating or just getting far in some of the old NES games, and I did those when I was a little kid.

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
All the Punch Out games aren't that hard once you memorize what your opponent can do and get used to them. The hard part about them was continually losing by trial and error way back then to get to that point. Now with things like the internet and countless walkthroughs and other things that show you what to do it's easier than ever before. If there was one thing about the old NES games it was they could be very brutal. Video games didn't hold you hand and help you get through them back then, and there was very little help elsewhere. Some of my proudest video game accomplishments came from either beating or just getting far in some of the old NES games, and I did those when I was a little kid.

Yeah, he's got this weird punch that has no rhythm to it, it drives me crazy. I'll get him one day!

I'm a bit of a purist and a big NES and SNES fan so I refuse to look at walkthroughs. You get that satisfaction when you finally do it. In fact, I just beat Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link on NES the first time about 2 years ago or so. And I had been playing that one since it came out.

Funny thing too, a friend I used to game with back in the day could kick total ass at all the punch out games. I was jealous. But I had him at other ones!

Some people can't hang too well with the difficulity of the old stuff, its amusing. Games now are a lot of movie and some gameplay. I've finally got a 3DS so I'm looking forward to seeing what's been happening since in the gaming world. I tried the Resident Evil demo on there... shit was scary!

I'm a bit of a purist and a big NES and SNES fan so I refuse to look at walkthroughs. You get that satisfaction when you finally do it.

I used to be that way, but over time I got tired of what amounted to trial and error gameplay, especially when it consumes large amounts of time. I consider that different than something that is challenging in that tediousness is not the same as difficult. Maybe it's because as I've gotten older I have less time to play the games and mess around as much, even if I enjoy getting through video games still. Especially back then but even today they also put things in video games that there is no reasonable way for somebody to figure out without a guide telling them about it baring getting extremely lucky or spending a million years doing semi-random things in it.

Even with games that are very difficult like the old very hard NES stuff I've also lost the will to dedicate half my life to beating them just for the fact to say I did it. I say that as somebody that's been very good at video games my whole life.

In some ways I dislike how most video games have moved towards casual fans and have gotten easier and hold you hand through them more. In another way I understand why they have gone that route. If most people that played them couldn't get through them it would piss too many people off and they would lose interest. When the majority of people you sell games to start to not like them and don't find them fun anymore, or can't get through them to find out the plot of the game they would stop buying them. That goes even more so when many of them are practically interactive movies now.

GodsEmbryo

Closed Account
The Escapists and Cities: Skylines.

Anyone playing Verdun 1914-1918? I'm interested in the game but I'm afraid it's just another "let's run around a battlefield and shoot eachother for a while until some team wins the map".

EDIT:

None, I need a new game, thinking about Cities: Skylines, anyone playing it?

It looks neat. I like the traffic in it.

It saddens me that my computer is old enough that it no longer meets the minimum requirements of games even like that.

Yeah you sure need a beefed pc for this game. I'm just making the minimum requirements...

freeones_regina

Administrator
The Escapists and Cities: Skylines.

Yeah you sure need a beefed pc for this game. I'm just making the minimum requirements...

I got Cities Skylines now :)
My PC is about 4 years old I think, I haven't gotten any problems but I only have 1 very small city so far.
I expect the game to slow down once it grows bigger.

Like the game so far by the way and love how many mods you can get for it.

GodsEmbryo

Closed Account
I got Cities Skylines now :)
My PC is about 4 years old I think, I haven't gotten any problems but I only have 1 very small city so far.
I expect the game to slow down once it grows bigger.

Like the game so far by the way and love how many mods you can get for it.

Yeah the mods and assets are one of the best parts of the game I think, you can make your city really personal and cool.But once you start downloading assets you just can't stop. I think I downloaded over 200 buildings, parks etc by now :)

freeones_regina

Administrator
Yeah the mods and assets are one of the best parts of the game I think, you can make your city really personal and cool.But once you start downloading assets you just can't stop. I think I downloaded over 200 buildings, parks etc by now :)

The only thing that is really annoying is that most assets do not have a thumb image so you have move you mouse over every asset in your park menu (for example) to see what it is. Just because of that I have kept my downloadable assets low.

Rane1071

For the EMPEROR!!
I'm playing Warhammer 40,000: - FireWarrior on my old PS2